“A seductively peaceful hideaway for wine lovers and sybarites; rent one wing or the whole house (sleeps 6-12+)”
A stylish refurb in the noughties brought it tastefully up-to-date. The chic white grand salon comes with a huge hearth, a grand piano, leather sofas and twin chandeliers. There's a library, a dining room for 12, and a separate living area in the Bastide wing, complete with a cinema room and its own kitchen. Historical artefacts and portraits of an early owner and former Napoleon Army general are on display, hinting at the manoir's rich history. Outside are semi-formal gardens with a lovely pool, parasol-shaded tables and loungers, towering Washingtonia palms, Aleppo pines, and ivy-draped walls. It's all very handsome and unmistakably Mediterranean.
- A peaceful location, but with beaches, hills, lakes and the beguiling towns of Beziers, Pezenas and Sète close by
- We loved the feeling of staying in a manicured and elegant home
- Top spec fittings include sound systems, satellite TV, fast WiFi, cinema room and super-comfy beds & linens
- You get a very interesting tour of the winery, with a chance to taste their award-winning wines and (if you book through i-escape) 3 complimentary bottles
- Add-on servcies include private chef, laundry, patisserie deliveries and more
- During July and August, they only accept weekly bookings
- You will need a car to get around
Best time to go
Our top tips
- House rental
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Bicycles Available
Accommodation is flexible. You can either rent the 3-bedroom Bastide Wing or the Whole Manoir (6-7 bedrooms).
The rooms in the Bastide Wing have high, shuttered windows looking onto the gardens and pool. La chambre du Baron is the flagship: an enormous double with room aplenty for a chaise longue, and both east- and west-facing windows. Chevalier comes a close second, with some lovely festive touches: a crown chandelier, an enormous gilt-framed mirror above the marble fireplace. Chatelaine is smaller and less flamboyant, but retains its eye-catching floor tiles and venerable roof beams. All have ensuite Villeroy & Boch bathrooms. The Bastide Wing also has a living area (including cinema room), a kitchen and a dining room: perfect for a family or 2 couples travelling together.
If you book the Whole Manoir, you also get full use of the adjoining Art Deco Wing. Here you'll find 3 more bedrooms: a spacious ground-floor twin or double room (Vigneron), a lovely master double bedroom with balcony overlooking the pool and grounds (Baroness), and a 3rd twin bedroom perfect for kids (General). This wing also comes with a more formal sitting room (grand piano, white-leather sofas and a huge hearth), as well as its own dining area - there will be plenty of space for different generations.
In a separate part, by the winery offices, is a 7th double / twin bedroom (with ensuite shower room) which can be added on request - best suited to staff or teenage children.
- Air conditioning
- Central heating
- Cots Available
- Satellite TV
You get full use of the well-equipped kitchen and can request additional catering. Try the famous local plateau of oysters, mussels and shrimps, washed down with different wines from the estate. There's also a BBQ in the grounds for sunny suppers. The dining room in the Bastide spans the width of the house, with views to both courtyard and wooded gardens; in fine weather you can sit outside on the terrace in the shadow of a 200-year-old umbrella pine. There's also a second dining area in the Art Deco Wing.
There are several restaurants within easy driving distance - ask for recommendations (and a taxi, if you intend to déguste).
- Chef on request
- Dinner by arrangement
- Lunch by arrangement
- Roam Manoir du Languedoc's 80 hectare estate on foot or by mountain bike; or follow their nature and sculpture walk
- Play petanque, dip in the pool, or browse the pastels and watercolours on display in their own impressive gallery space
- Head for the water: you're just 10 minutes from the Bassin de Thau and 25 from the long white beach of Marseillan
- Browse for antiques in nearby Pezenas, Molière’s former stomping ground; or explore the gorgeous fishing port of Sète
- Watch the bull fighting at Béziers, admire its cathedral and gardens, walk or boat along the Canal du Midi
- Enjoy the grandiose architecture of Montpellier's places, its Corum concert hall, its historic quartiers and its Sunday flea market
- Fish for sea bass on the Bassin de Thau and end your day with oysters and chilled white wine at one of its seafood restaurants
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Historical sites
- Horse riding
- Museums / galleries
- Shopping / markets
This would make a fantastic and memorable venue for an extended family holiday, with a heated pool, safe walled gardens, and lots of space (indoor and out) for everyone to relax without stepping on each other's toes.
Family friendly accommodation:
If you're coming with a group of 8 or more, book the Whole Manoir, and you get 2 separate dining and living areas (including a cinema room). If you're just 1 family, or 2 families travelling together and happy to share one living space, book the Bastide Wing (normally available Jan-June and Sept-Dec only).
Some rooms can fit extra beds; most rooms can fit baby cots.
Baby cot available on request
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids Activities on site:
- Board games, DVDs, Playstation
- Football and badminton equipment
- Bikes to borrow
- Pool toys
- Marked trails through the Manoir's vineyards and woods
Kids Activities nearby:
Families Should Know:
The pool is not fenced or gated. There are no stair gates inside the house
- Airport: 30km (Beziers)
- Shops and restaurants: 6km (Montagnac)
- Beach: 22km (Marseillan)
Manoir du Languedoc is midway between Beziers and Montpellier in the south of France, near the village of Montagnac. It's about 10km from the coast at Meze.
Béziers (30km) and Montpellier Méditerranée (50km) are both close. Alternatively you can fly into Carcassonne Airport or Nimes Airport, both approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes away.
From the Airport
Grab a cab or hire a car.
If you'd prefer to travel overland from the UK, take the Eurostar from London, then take a TGV to Agde and Sete, both about 20km away, or to to Montpellier or Beziers where you'll be able to hire a car.
Detailed directions will be provided when you book through i-escape.
More on getting to France and getting around
- Béziers 30.0 km BZR
- Montpellier Méditerranée 48.0 km MPL
- Beach 10.0 km
- Shops 3.0 km
- Restaurant 10.0 km