Ultra-chic hotel with sprawling tranquil gardens, a heavenly pool, and”
6 beautiful rooms with personality, in the heart of under-the-radar Béziers
Where to stay? Enter La Villa Guy. This dreamy 150-year-old abode stands hidden among a hectare of wondrous, lush green parkland and is steeped in history. You’d never guess you were in the heart of the town. An ornate marble fountain trickles somewhere among the trees, striking ancient sculptures scatter the gardens, and a heated pool glimmers in the sunshine.
Inside, the six individually styled rooms and suites dazzle with an elegant mix of old and new. Each brims with character: think quirky wall art, grand high ceilings, chic parquet floors and pure-white freestanding tubs. We especially love the chic private terraces overlooking the gardens. Spend days drifting from spa to pool, then to the relaxing lounge for a glass of something local and delicious before heading out for dinner. You’re perfectly placed here: Montpellier, Carcassonne and the coast can be reached within the hour. Or simply navigate Béziers' maze-like streets, where boutiques await and restaurants buzz. Finish with an evening stroll along the canal before retreating back to your tranquil hideaway. Bliss.
- Oh-so-chic decor that appears at every turn: wall art, sculptures, jazzy wallpaper
- The majestic and highly photogenic pool
- The service, which is reportedly excellent
- Its stunning parkland setting, in the heart of Béziers' buzzy old town
- We've heard good things about the small but luxurious spa
- Only breakfast is served, but there are plenty of dining options within walking distance
- Events take place here sometimes, so check before booking
- Not all rooms come with a bath
Best time to go
It's worth noting that thousands flock to Béziers for an annual five-day party known as Feria, which takes place every year in early August.”
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- 6 rooms
- Breakfast only; restaurants nearby
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Heated Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
La Villa Guy offers four rooms and two suites. All deliver on style, each one uniquely designed with a stunning mix of old and new. Expect high ceilings (apart from the loft suite), parquet floors and glorious garden views.
We love that each room has a story to tell. The Otto Meister room, for example, was named after the first owners in 1870; the Jean-Antoine Injalbert room takes its name from a renowned sculptor whose works are featured in the garden (the marble fountain is one of them).
The Jeanne Guy, Jean Magrou and Léopold Carlier rooms come with superb baths. The rest have delightful showers only. Every room is impressive. For maximum ‘wow’, opt for the Léopold Carlier room; it comes with a separate bedroom, a beautifully styled living room and a large private terrace with spectacular parkland views.
- Air conditioning
- Central heating
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Satellite TV
Word is, the breakfast, served on the terrace overlooking the gardens, is excellent. Think freshly baked bread and croissants, fresh fruit, cheeses and delicious tartines, eggs cooked to order and hot beverages.
Snacks in the form of charcuterie boards are available to have with your evening poolside glass of Syrah. However, you’ll need to venture out for lunch and dinner, which isn’t a problem – there are restaurants galore within easy reach. We’ve heard great things about top-rated La Maison De Petit Pierre (a 5-minute walk).
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Restaurants nearby
- Surround yourself with nature as you laze by the heated tree-lined pool. There are plenty of suitably fabulous poolside loungers to relax on
- Stroll around the hotel’s impressive historical parkland, and discover sculptures by some of Bézier's most renowned artists
- Enjoy the small but luxurious spa, which has a sauna, hammam and two-seater spa bath. Book the whole space for your own private use
- Visit Écluses de Fonseranes – a fascinating series of eight locks and nine gates along the Canal du Midi. Reach it via the 2km walking path from the town centre, or drive (11 mins)
- Potter Beziers' mazy, medieval streets, where there are both independent and designer boutiques to browse and cafes to people-watch from
- Visit 13th-century Saint Nazaire Cathedral and marvel at spectacular views of the Orb valley from its courtyard (20-min walk/8-min drive)
- As you can imagine, wine tasting is a big business in these parts. We hear Domaine de la Barthe (12 mins) is one of the best
- Pretty Valras Plage, with its clear, shallow water, is an especially great beach for families. Make use of the city’s handy regular shuttle service (30 mins)
Activities on site or nearby include:
Children of all ages are welcome here, but don’t expect any facilities specifically aimed at kids. The vibe is exceedingly chilled, so we’d say it’s better suited to babies and older ones.
Babies (0-1 years), Teens (over 12)
Family friendly accommodation:
The Léopold Carlier suite is the largest of the six rooms and a decent option for a small family. A separate bedroom and lounge mean there’s plenty of space for an extra rollaway bed or cot, and the large private terrace overlooking the gardens gives parents a luxurious place to relax while their offspring sleep. Perfection.
La Villa Guy is in Béziers, a pretty, under-the-radar town in the south of France, nestled in the Languedoc-Roussillon region.
Fly direct from the UK to Béziers Airport (20 mins). Other options include Montpellier Airport (60 mins) and Toulouse Airport (2 hours). In any case, we’d recommend hiring a car from the airport. Check out our car rental recommendations.
Hop on a train to Paris from St. Pancras. Multiple trains can get you to Béziers from there. Check out Seat 61 for more info.
Detailed directions will be sent when you book through i-escape.
- Beziers Cap d'Agde 14.0 km BZR
- Montpellier–Méditerranée Airport 75.0 km MPL
- Beach 16.0 km
- Shops 0.5 km
- Restaurant 0.6 km