Chic little retreat in an old stone building with a glorious waterside terrace and pebble beach out front (sleeps 6-8)”
Ideal for a family or a small group of friends, Orebić Beach House has three double rooms and will appeal to outdoorsy types who appreciate unspoilt nature, low-key adventure sports and centuries-old architecture – historically this was where the Venetian Empire met the Republic of Dubrovnik. Gourmets will love it too – local restaurants serve authentic Dalmatian dishes made from fresh Adriatic seafood (including prized oysters from Ston) as well as some of Croatia's finest wines, which are produced right here, on Pelješac's steep sunny seaward slopes.
- Opens directly onto pebble beach and glistening blue sea, with view of Korčula island
- Superb waterside terrace, shaded by white awnings, and planted with bougainvillea, rosemary and basil
- Adventure sports enthusiasts will love Pelješac for hiking, cycling, wind-surfing, sea-kayaking and scuba diving
- Numerous local wineries offer tours and tasting
- The proximity of charming medieval-walled Korčula Town, served by regular ferries (or taxi-boats at night)
- Bedrooms are smallish, but comfortable and stylish and have everything you could possibly need
- No indoor dining table, though the terrace dining space is covered in case it rains
- Don't expect a glamorous nightlife in Orebić – nearby Korčula Town is livelier after dark
- No pool, but you can't get much closer to the sea!
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Beachfront Apartment
- 3 bedrooms
- Self-catering, walk to restaurants
- All ages welcome
- Closed: 1 Nov 2022 - 31 Dec 2022
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
There are three bedrooms in the apartment, each a little different in terms of layout, aspect and decor, but all have a white minimalist look, with whitewashed walls, travertine tiled floors, comfy beds with white bed linens and nice plump puffy pillows. Windows are big and let in lots of natural light – the original wooden fittings and shutters have been retained, so you can shut out the sunlight if you want to sleep.
The master bedroom has a double bed and an angled view onto the sea, and an en-suite bathroom. The other two rooms can work as either doubles or twins – one is en-suite and the other has a separate bathroom. The bathrooms have stone-look grès ceramic tiles, slick glass-sided shower, hairdryer, big white towels and L'Occitane toiletries.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee / tea making
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Mosquito net
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
The living room has a functional kitchen space, with a built-in sink, oven and dishwasher, and an island counter for food preparation. There's a big fridge, a kettle and toaster, plus plenty of pots and pans, ceramic kitchenware, cutlery and glasses. You'll find several bakeries and general stores in Orebić for food shopping. The living room opens directly onto the lovely sea view terrace, with a massive travertine stone table (comfortably accommodating 10) rimmed by built-in benches with lots of colourful cushions, and chairs. Dining out on the terrace is especially glorious under a full moon, when the light reflects on the sea at night.
For dining out, in Orebić you have Stari Kapetan restaurant for excellent fresh fish and Dalmatian seafood dishes, and the lovely Croccantino cafe for homemade pastries, cakes and ice cream. High on the hillside above town, Konoba Panorama does traditional peka dishes (either lamb or octopus, slow-cooked over glowing embers) plus barbecued meats.
- Coffee / tea making
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Restaurants nearby
- Swim and sunbathe on the pebble beach out front – there's a SUP (stand-up paddle board) for guests' use. Alternatively, head to Trstenica (1.4km, 16min walk) which is a larger beach
- Walk up to Orebić's 15th-century Franciscan Monastery, with its church displaying votive offerings from local sailors, and blissful views over the turquoise waters of the Pelješac Channel
- Keen hikers might continue from the monastery to the peak of Mount Sveti Ilija 960m (3150ft), Pelješac's highest point – from Orebić the round trip is 6km (9mi) and takes about 4 hours
- Go wine tasting at nearby Korta Katarina in Orebić, or visit Pleješac's more remote wineries by bicycle or car
- Spend a day in Korčula Town, wandering medieval alleys to see the Cathedral, City Museum and Marco Polo House, contained within sturdy fortifications
- Try windsurfing in the Pelješac channel – surfing tuition and rental equipment are available in nearby Viganj
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Shopping / markets
- Stand-up paddle boarding
- Wine tasting
The house, terrace and beach offer a safe and peaceful setting for children to play – it's possible to close the gate from the terrace to the beach if necessary. Having your own kitchen means you can prepare special meals for kids. Teenagers will love the easy outdoor living, local beaches, adventure sports and Orebić's laid-back vibe. Baby cots are free and there are two extra beds available at extra cost.
Babies (0-1 years), Children (4-12 years), Teens (over 12)
Family friendly accommodation:
The master bedroom on the front would work best for parents, while the other two rooms can each accommodate two children.
Kids Activities on site:
- Beach out front
- Board games
- Paddle board provided
Kids Activities nearby:
- Boat trips
Families Should Know:
The beach house is right by the water so keep an eye on smaller ones
- Airport: 2.5 hours (Dubrovnik or Split)
- Medical dispensary: 2 minutes
- Shops: 2 minutes
The Orebic Beach House is in the sleepy seaside town of Orebić, on the south coast of Pelješac peninsula, overlooking the sheltered waters of Pelješac Channel and the island of Korčula.
By Air and Boat:
Fly to Dubrovnik, hire a car and drive to Orebić (112km/70mi). Alternatively, fly to Split then catch the fast catamaran to Korčula Town (journey time approx 2hrs 30min), followed by the local passenger boat to Orebić (journey time 15min).
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.
- Dubronik 112.0 km
- Split 180.0 km
- Beach 0.1 km
- Shops 0.1 km
- Restaurant 0.1 km