“Brand new! Luxurious adults-only all-suite retreat in the heart of Ostuni, with immaculate food, stylish pool and underground spa”
The Palazzo Rosso (Red Palace) had been dormant for decades until new Swiss owners realised its extraordinary potential. Interiors were transformed with an assured blend of old and new art, bespoke furniture (such as gazebos and braziers turned into bathtubs) and sophisticated light fixtures. 11 sumptuous suites have original frescoes, huge fireplaces, multicultural antiques and contemporary bathrooms. The ancient water cistern was cleverly reinvented as an underground spa, while the vaulted former oil mill now serves refined local fare in restaurant 700. Enjoy regional wines and excellent cocktails at the 8-metre-long stone counter in the stylish bar, or dine al fresco beside the supremely elegant 15-metre swimming pool. A true paragon of beauty.
- Perfect for design lovers seeking a more in-depth insight into Puglia's cuisine, history and culture
- Incomparable style throughout, especially in the spacious suites with their soaring ceilings and parquet floors
- The only full length swimming pool in Ostuni, and within such an elegant walled garden: a haven of peace
- Their sister beach club P-Beach (15 minutes away) means you can relax by the sea in yet more style
- Fine dining in 700 restaurant, and innovative cocktails in Bar 700
- This level of service and style is priced accordingly, but worth paying for
- No children under 16, a high for many!
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- 11 rooms
- Restaurant and bar
- Over 16s only
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Laundry service
Whichever of the 11 unique rooms and suites you choose at Paragon 700, it's guaranteed to be magnificent. All are restored with superb artistic flair and come with kingsized beds and French parquet floors.
The ample entry level Deluxe rooms have unexpected treasures such as a Turkish bath or frescoes, whereas the elegant Deluxe Suites are larger still, with perhaps a grand fireplace or spacious living area.
Exquisite Loft Suites come with cathedral ceilings and hand-painted details on the walls, along with a contemporary colour palette and bespoke tiles.
For honeymooners or that special occasion, the sumptuous Paragon Suite boasts 7m high cathedral ceilings, a large terrace with a pool view, a sunken bath and enormous open fireplace.
Luxurious details are everywhere: 100% stonewashed bed linen, iPad Pros loaded with all the information you'll need for your stay, underfloor heating and bathtubs with spa showers or walk-in showers in the marvellous bathrooms, plus a complimentary mini-bar.
- Air conditioning
- Safe box
Chef Giovanni Cerroni trained in Michelin-starred restaurants, and his cuisine showcases his passion for local and seasonal produce. The 700 restaurant and state-of-the-art kitchen in the ancient vaulted oil mill has 4- to 8-course tasting menus for dinner, as well as simpler fare for lunch.
An a la carte breakfast - sweet and savoury dishes, preserves, eggs, salmon, hams, pastries - is served on the terrace facing the orange grove and pool; in summer dine here on warm evenings too. During the day many guests head to the seaside restaurant and bar at the P Beach Lido.
Stylish Bar 700 serves cocktails, local wines and spirits; its signature 8.5m long stone counter is made of antique tin plates. Snacks and small plates can be eaten by the fireplace. Ask about wine tastings in the cellar with the resident Sommelier. In summer the pool bar is open.
Paragon 700 is centrally placed in Ostuni so all eateries are within easy reach. For a change of scene, try Monna Lisa Caffe, Ciccio in Piazza, or Osteria Ricanatti.
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- Explore Ostuni's beautiful whitewashed old town - the Cathedral, the Bishop's Palace, the attractive Arco Scoppa nearby, and the ancient walls
- Indulge in a massage, body treatment or a 2-hour salt ritual in the unique underground spa which has a Turkish bath, chromotherapy shower, and a couple's therapy room
- The beaches are 10-15km away; sister beach club P-Beach Lido (15 minutes) has a restaurant and cocktail bar plus DJs
- Discover Puglia's distinctive regional gastronomy; cooking classes and wine tastings in the former olive oil cellar are both easily arranged
- The countryside surrounding Ostuni features wineries, fortified mansions, golf courses and historic small towns
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Historical sites
- Horse riding
- Museums / galleries
- Shopping / markets
Paragon 700 is located in the centre of Ostuni hill town in the southern Italian region of Puglia.
The nearest airports are Brindisi (39km) and Bari (99km).
There are trains from Rome to Ostuni (but not direct).
We recommend hiring a car to make the most of the area. Ostuni is a pedestrianised town but the hotel has private parking.
Detailed directions will be sent once your booking is confirmed.
Read our guide to getting to Italy and getting around
- Brindisi 39.0 km BDS
- Bari 99.0 km BRI
- Beach 11.0 km
- Shops 0.3 km
- Restaurant 0.1 km