Step inside and you'll notice the distinctive nautical feel touched with a tinge of 1950s deco. Picture yourself on a luxe-cruise liner of a bygone era: the restaurant's large windows look directly onto the swimming pool and Med beyond; sleek loungers line the decks. Its 25 guest rooms are uncluttered, contemporary and comfortable in best Scandinavian tradition. It's easy enough to hop into town but equally easy to laze away your days without moving. Lie by the pool, relax with a massage, sip another Sea Breeze in the cocktail bar. Welcome aboard and enjoy the voyage!
- Stylish, simple rooms, many with panoramic sea views and terraces
- Lively bar serving cocktails and snacks (the burgers are in a league of their own) - and an even better restaurant for fine dining; alternative seafood eateries are just around the corner
- The seafront cycle path and walkway stretches for miles in either direction; exploring the local area on the hotel's bicycles (free to borrow) is a must
- Imaginative, quirky details: binoculars in rooms; vinyl records in the lounge; a small porthole fishtank in the washroom
- Child friendly, though not over run with kids
- Not all rooms have views, some are a tad small and only a couple have bathtubs - but all are comfortable and stylish with powerful showers and luxurious toiletries
- Some feel the pool area gets too packed, and it's by the car park so passers-by can look in
- Walking into the heart of Palma will take you at least 20 minutes or you can cycle or jump in a cab (5 mins and very affordable)
- Fairly pricey but you get what you pay for
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- 25 rooms
- Restaurant and bar (open daily)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Beach Nearby
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Bicycles Available
Views are everything here and room types are defined by where they point - Sea View, Port View or No View (which actually means you can still look out but with no chance of seeing the sea). There are also terraced options on offer.
Whilst the Atico rooftop room (with its outdoor shower, huge terrace and panoramic views) is clearly at the top of the pecking order, our favourite remains the Mediterranean View with Terrace rooms. These are decent sized and you can watch the setting sun and changing colours of the sea from loungers on your terrace.
Regardless of views, all rooms have simple unclutttered styling - even your TV/DVD is discreetly tucked away in a white portholed cabinet. Expect solid Scandinavian comfort - lots of white and blue, mid-century wood panelling, soft bedlinen, branded bathrobes, powerful showers and Marie-Stella Maris eco-toiletries which smell divine. The Dux beds are superb and duvets will keep you warm in cooler months, air-conditioning will keep you chilled in summer.
If you want more independence book the Port House Suite, a duplex building adjacent to the main hotel. It is set on 2 floors with a spiral staircase leading to the roof terrace where you can lounge and relax in your bathtub with a view.
- Air conditioning
- Central heating
- Internet access
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Safe box
- Smart TV
Breakfast is a leisurely affair served until 11.30am. In the dining room, large tables with white tableclothes and aqua glasses are well spaced, allowing you to relax. Or take your breakfast out to the shaded terrace. You get fresh juices (squeeze your own if you like), cheeses, salamis, pastries, fresh fruit, compotes, yogurts and the widest selection of cereals and dried fruits and nuts we've seen in Mallorca. There's also a menu of cooked fare. Take your time: order another coffee, gaze out the window to the pool and sea beyond and linger over the newspapers.
People travel from near and far to dine in the restaurant here as the food is good and the atmosphere relaxed. For lunch and dinner, you can choose from the very reasonably-priced, daily changing set menu, or go a la carte. On our last visit, we tucked into salmon tataki, red curry, and coffee parfait with mascarpone and rhubarb ragout. It was all really impressive yet unfussy, beautifully presented, and super tasty - even the house wines were spectacular. If you prefer something lighter there's a spot-on snack menu served beside the bar or alfresco. Many a delicious burger and chips or club sandwich have helped us through a New Year's Day (washed down with hearty Bloody Marys).
If you want to eat out, there's a growing number of local waterside restaurants - ask the friendly staff for recommendations.
- Children's meals
- Family friendly
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- Vegetarian options
- Chill by the pool, spin discs in the lounge (there's a large collection of LPs and record player), check out the sauna, then spoil yourself with a massage or facial using delicious Kerstin and Florian products
- Feeling energetic? Burn up some energy in the mini-gym and ask reception about the private yoga classes
- Borrow one of the hotel bicycles and whizz up the coastline or into Palma along the seafront path - no hills!
- Wind down in the spa. Treatments include hot-stone massages, a 'Moor Mud Body Wrap' and an 'Energizing Spirulina Experience'
- Palma has a wealth of historical buildings, art galleries and boutiques - see our city guide for details
- There are 6 golf courses within 20 mins' drive - reception can help you book tee off-times at reduced rates
- Watch live Real Mallorca football matches - the hotel can arrange free tickets
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Historical sites
- Museums / galleries
- Shopping / markets
- Wellness centre
Every time we've visited there have been a handful of children (well behaved - including our own). The hotel's calm ambiance never seems to be spoilt and children like the pool area. The long promenade is ideal for pushing a pram or pushchair and there is a small sandy beach nearby.
Family friendly accommodation:
The best for families of 3-4 (where the kids are under 12) are Mediterranean View, Mediterranean View Terrace and the Port House Suite, which have a double bed and a comfortable queensize sofa bed (for up to 2 children). The Port House Suite is a duplex with the sofa bed and bedroom on separate floors, which may not suit all families. If you want a bath rather than shower go for the Atico, Port House Suite and Big Port View rooms. Baby cots are available too and can fit in most rooms.
Babysitting in all languages by arrangement. Book at least 24 hours in advance; see rates.
- Baby cots
- Baby bedding
- Baby bath
- Bottle warming
- Baby monitors, which work from the bedrooms to the restaurant area so you can enjoy an adult dinner
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Food is available all day from the restaurant and there are child-friendly eateries and food shops nearby. The restaurant can accommodate kids' requests although there's no kids menu. There is also room service
Kids Activities on site:
- Swimming pool
Kids Activities nearby:
- Outdoor playground and park
- Beach - walking distance - with pedalos and windsurfing
- Aqualand water park
- Segways and go-karting
Families Should Know:
The swimming pool doesn't have a shallow end (access is via ladders) so it's not great for little ones. There are no stairgates in the duplex Port House Suite. A doctor can visit the hotel if necessary.
- Airport: 15 minutes
- Nearest supermarket and pharmacy: 5 minutes' walk
- Hospital: 15 minutes
For more family-friendly places, see our Kids Collection
The hotel is located in the old fishing quarter of Palma - now one of hottest barrios - on the outskirts of the city (2km from the centre). It is a 15-minute drive from the airport.
Fly into Palma (9km). Click on the links below for a list of airlines serving this airport.
From the Airport
We'd recommend taking a taxi; there are plenty outside the arrivals building, and you can explore the local area on the hotel's bicycles and just rent a car for the day from the hotel if you want to venture further afield.
See our car rental recommendations. Bear in mind the hotel only has a small carpark.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
More on getting to Mallorca and getting around
- Palma Mallorca 9.0 km PMI
- Beach 1.0 km
- Shops 0.1 km
- Restaurant 0.1 km