The old farmhouse and factory have been tastefully renovated to create 17 cool guest bedrooms overlooking the estate and the coast beyond. A saltwater swimming pool sits among orange trees, four-poster daybeds line one side of a manicured lawn, and a panoramic roof terrace with loungers catches a glimmer of sea – perfect for sundowners. Days here start with fruits from the farm, cooked options, homemade jams and just-baked cakes and – of course – freshly squeezed orange juice. Borrow a free bicycle and pedal into the town of Cabanas, with its shops and restaurants, pavement cafes and boat trips to its island beaches. The old town of Tavira is a short drive or train ride away, and a quartet of pristine golf courses border the farm. You’re blissfully secluded here, yet immersed among the eastern Algarve’s greatest treasures.
- Close to golf courses, restaurants, lovely Tavira and some of the Algarve’s best beaches, but tucked away in a hidden location among gardens and orange trees
- The pool is big, beautiful and set in a peaceful garden sheltered by orange trees
- Stunning roof terrace with panoramic views towards the ocean one way, the Sierra in the other
- Great for a car-free holiday: there’s a train station nearby, beaches are accessible by boat, and bicycles are free for guests to use
- The hotel is close to the busy N125 coast road, and a train passes by once an hour during the day, but noise is minimal
- Although snacks and light lunches can be prepared on request, you’ll need to head into Cabanas or Tavira for more substantial meals. A full-service restaurant is in the pipe-line, so watch this space
- This is a working farm, so you will occasionally hear the rumble of machinery
- Deluxe rooms don’t have private terraces, but they do have wonderful views
- Boutique Hotel
- 17 rooms
- Breakfast + light meals on request
- All ages welcome
- Closed: November to end February
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Beach Nearby
- Creche / Kids Club
- Car not necessary
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Bicycles Available
- Laundry service
- Electric car charger
Rooms are divided into four categories and are spread across two buildings: a self-contained annex (the original farmhouse) and the main building (a converted factory and store), just across the garden. All share the same light, uncluttered Scandi-style, with white walls, natural wood, earthy accents of olive, ochre or terracotta and matching feature wallpaper.
The farmhouse features two smaller Double rooms and six Studios; the latter come with kitchenettes, dining table and sofa – ideal for families as they have space for extra beds. All rooms in this building have private terraces with garden views. In the old factory there are six Deluxe rooms upstairs looking across the estate towards the sea, plus three Terrace rooms downstairs with outdoor areas.
All rooms are non-smoking and have ensuite bathrooms: shower only in the factory rooms, bath and shower in the farmhouse rooms.
- In room treatments available
- Safe box
Featuring produce from the organic garden and an endless supply of orange juice, breakfasts here are a treat. Order the night before from a choice of granola, fresh fruit, breads and croissants with jams and honey, meats and cheeses, cooked options like eggs, bacon and sauteed mushrooms, and a different homemade cake every day – these are also on offer for afternoon tea, just help yourself.
Staff can prepare light meals for lunch on request. Options include salads, soups, tapas, bruschetta, pasta dishes and generous club sandwiches, which you can enjoy in the restaurant, garden or up on the roof terrace. Most guests tend to head to the towns of Cabanas or Tavira for dinner. Noélia & Jerónimo in Cabanas is reputed as one of the best restaurants in the region though you need to book well in advance.
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Dinner by arrangement
- Lunch by arrangement
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- Relax on the farm. Lounge on a four-poster daybed in the garden, pick oranges from the grove (in season) or go for a splash in the saltwater swimming pool, where there’s an honesty bar for refreshments
- Grab a free bicycle and pedal around the estate (look out for hares, rabbits and partridge) to the town and beach of Cabanas
- Take a small ferry, miniature train or water taxi to the gorgeous island beaches of the Ria Formosa National Park: Cabanas, Cacela Velha, Tavira and Praia do Baril are the nearest
- Explore Tavira, the prettiest town in the Algarve. The Camera Obscura has 360-degree views of the rooftops and you can climb cobbled streets to a 13th-century castle
- Go for a round of golf at one of the four courses nearby: Quinta da Ria, Quinta de Cima, Quinta do Vale and Quinta de Benamor
- Join a free morning yoga class in the garden (when available)
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Shopping / markets
Best Time to go
Our Top Tips
Quinta dos Perfumes is in the eastern Algarve, a 10-minute drive from Tavira and 40 minutes from Faro airport. It's just off the main N125 road and close to Cabanas beach.
Fly into Faro (46km).
From the Airport:
Airport transfers are available, or you could hire a car - see our rental recommendations.
It's easy to get around without a car. The Quinta has bicycles to borrow, or you can walk to the nearest town (Cabanas), where boats will whisk you to beaches.
A train travelling towards Tavira passes by the hotel once an hour - you can catch it from the station in Conceição (20-min walk).
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.
- Faro 46.0 km FAO
- Beach 2.0 km
- Shops 2.0 km
- Restaurant 2.0 km