“Sleek, monastic apartments for 2-4 with a shared pool, in the former rectory of a tiny medieval village, 4km from the coast”
Leave if you can bear to and discover the village's cobbled walkways, its central square perfumed by flowers, and the fig trees set around a medieval church. Then hop on a bike or in the car to explore the cultured towns, beautiful beaches and chic restaurants of Catalonia at large.
- Excellent rates
- A tranquil setting in a medieval village, yet just a short drive from national parks, pretty Begur and beaches
- Each apartment has a kitchen for simple self-catering, and there are 3 restaurants in the village
- Enthusiastic owner Alicia will check you in and give you local tips
- An ideal 'whole property' rental for a group of 8-12
- Please note, this was a formerly a B&B and our current guest reviews reflect this experience
- No reception area and unless there's a problem, you're left to your own devices; best for independent travellers
- You'll need a car to get here and explore the area
- Some might find the village a little too peaceful, you can do a lap in minutes and the restaurants sometimes close in quieter months
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Apartments
- 4 apartments for 2-4
- Fully self catering
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Bicycles Available
- Yoga / personal trainer
The apartments each have a double bedroom, a living room with a funky purple sofabed for 1-2, and characterful arched brick ceilings offset by plain white modern kitchens. Décor is austere yet elegant, with pale olive green walls, grey headboards, unpolished terracotta tiles and Scandi-style furniture. Crisp white cotton sheets add to the cool and calming ambiance.
The 2 ground-floor apartments are accessed directly from the communal walled garden and pool, making them ideal for families. The 2 top-floor apartments are lighter in feel, with white painted wooden ceilings, a breezy vibe and beautiful views across the surrounding fields.
Sleek, contemporary bathrooms have bathtubs with overhead showers, fluffy white cotton towels and fabulous Omnisens toiletries.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee / tea making
- Cots Available
- Extra beds
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
The apartments have full kitchens for whipping up light snacks and family suppers, and there are grocery stores in Begur (a short drive away). If you'd prefer to eat out, there are 3 restaurants in the village itself: Restaurant del Teatre (a gastronomic restaurant with a huge garden and chill-out bar, right next to the apartments); Restaurant Bocca (Mediterranean food and a big alfresco dining terrace), and Restaurant Rajoleria) (informal Catalan food).
SolBlanc in nearby Pals is a bike ride away; a typical Catalan farmhouse with a large garden and great local dishes. And there's a plethora of really fabulous restaurants, from rustic to Michelin star, within a short drive. We had excellent plates of grilled sepia, fried white anchovies and tortilla, washed down with a carafe of sangria, at the fabulous little Es Dofí fish restaurant in Tamariu. The chef could be seen walking back and forth between the kitchen and his fishing spot in the little bay just outside the restaurant, returning with a catch in his hand each time.
- Children's meals
- Coffee / tea making
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Restaurants nearby
- Hit the beach: the charming coastal towns of Tamariu and Sa Tuna have lovely, sandy beaches and Pals is great for surfing
- Check out the Dali Triangle: the museum in Figueres, the castle in Púbol and Dali’s house in Port Lligat
- Visit the stylish seaside town of Cadaqués, which drew celebrities in the 1960s and continues to be a favourite haunt of the local elite
- Explore “Catalan Tuscany”, including the villages of Madremanya, Sant Marti Vell, Monells and La Pera
- Browse local antique shops and markets in La Bisbal
- Wander the village then relax in the walled garden by the pool or in a hammock
- Book a massage; a local therapist specialises in Shiatsu with essential oils
- Alicia can arrange mountain-bike hire ahead of your stay, so the bikes will be waiting for you. You'll find a map in your apartment outlining a picturesque 2-hour tour of the locality
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Historical sites
- Horse riding
- Museums / galleries
- Plantlife / flora
- Shopping / markets
- Well being
Great for families. Each apartment has 1 double bedroom and a living area with a double sofabed and space for a baby cot. On arrival families are given a local map detailing the best places to visit, easiest Costa Brava beaches for small children, kid-friendly restaurants, and nearest supermarket and laundry. Ideal for an exclusive booking by one extended family or group, giving free rein of the walled garden and pool.
Babies (0-1 years), Toddlers (1-4 years), Children (4-12 years)
Family friendly accommodation:
We suggest the Ground Floor apartments best for families as these have direct garden access. Parents could get their child(ren) to sleep in the bedroom and relax in the garden or in the living room a few metres away.
Available on request
- Baby cots and bedding
- High chairs
- Baby baths
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Each apartment's kitchen has a coffee machine, kettle, fridge and microwave, so are perfect for making light meals and family suppers. You're supplied with a list of local kid-friendly eateries
Kids Activities on site:
- Walled garden with tables, chairs and loungers
- Swimming pool
Kids Activities nearby:
- Family-friendly beaches
- Mountain biking - a local company brings the bikes directly to your apartment; helmets and bikes for all ages
- Horse riding
- Kayaking and snorkelling in marine reserves
- Farms to visit
- Seasonal waterparks and go-karting along the coast
Families Should Know:
The staircase to the top-floor apartments is very steep and there are no stair gates. The pool is unfenced
- Airport: 40 mins' drive (Girona)
- Shops: 5 mins' drive (Begur)
- Hospital: 40 mins' drive (Girona)
Rectoria de Regencós is in the small village of Regencós, near Begur and the Costa Brava in Catalonia, northeast Spain.
The nearest airports are Girona (40km / 40 minutes) and Barcelona (120km / 1.5 hours). Once you've landed, you'll be best off hiring a car - transfers are not available and public transport is limited.
The nearest train station is in Flaca (27km); from here you can take a taxi to the hotel.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
More on getting to Catalonia and getting around
- Girona 40.0 km GRO
- Barcelona El Prat 120.0 km BCN
- Beach 5.0 km
- Shops 4.0 km
- Restaurant 0.1 km