Although we have yet to visit, Revivo exists ‘to soothe the spirit, rejuvenate the body and enrich the mind’ and the superb wellness programmes seem to do just that. There are several to choose from: detox, de-stress, healthy living, mindfulness for professionals and emotional balance among others. Each lasts two days and includes a range of yoga, meditation, spa treatments and ancient Balinese therapies. Your day starts with three healing ‘shots,’ while the food – super tasty and seriously healthy – is part of the programme. There’s no flimflam here, just total excellence delivered by fantastic staff.
- The setting is serene: beautiful, peaceful, very relaxing and totally private
- Excellent wellness retreats and spa treatments – don’t miss the floating yoga!
- Luxurious, uncluttered rooms have a crisply soothing style
- Fresh, wholesome, organic and balanced food (and the only vegan/vegetarian menu in Nusa Dua)
- The pool area is a great place to relax after a hard day at the spa
- No TVs in the rooms, which makes sense at a wellness retreat, but there’s high-speed WiFi for streaming if required
- Some may find it expensive, but this is one of the best wellness retreats on Bali, and well worth the splash
- Wellness programmes require a minimum 3-night stay
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Spa Hotel
- 16 rooms
- Breakfast included
- Over 12s only
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Beach Nearby
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Car not necessary
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Bicycles Available
- Laundry service
Suites and villas are scattered about, each private and peaceful, with pretty gardens and a terrace where you can eat if you want a quiet night away from the restaurant.
Suites are large with high ceilings, beautiful four-poster beds wrapped up in crisp white cotton and daybeds under canopies. You’ll find bowls of fruit, fresh flowers and big doors that open onto a private garden. Marble bathrooms are a delight with white robes, walk-in showers and sunken baths overlooking the garden. All have space for one extra bed.
The villas add some mighty extras. Smaller 1-Bedroom Villas come with outdoor showers, private courtyards and panoramic views; larger ones also have an 8.5-metre-long swimming pool. The 2-Bedroom Villas up the ante again and come with 21m-pools and excellent garden views. As for the 4-Bedroom Villa, it comes with a 25m-pool, a media room and a private chef and butler.
- In room treatments available
- Mosquito net
- Safe box
Healthy Balinese cooking is a major part of the ethos here. The menus are long and varied, use the freshest ingredients (organic where possible), and incorporate food sourced from local farmers. It’s all fresh – no additives, preservatives or processed food touches your plate – with the menu explaining the health benefits of each ingredient.
Breakfast starts with three healthy 'shots' to prepare your gut for food. After that, you could try banana porridge, mango with coconut yoghurt, poached eggs with guacamole, fresh fruits and juices and some delicious homemade bread.
Lunch and dinner are served in the Nu Restaurant with raw vegan options, refreshing smoothies and lots of fantastic vegetarian dishes - perhaps soba noodles with avocado and local goats cheese or Balinese falafels with beetroot hummus, baba ganoush and pita bread. You’ll also find fish and meat, even a burger, but the vibe here is very much towards exploring the healthier, kinder dishes and feeling all the better for it.
- Dinner by arrangement
- Lunch by arrangement
- Room service
- The spa treatments and wellness retreats are the big draw here and while retreats need to be booked in advance, you can book spa treatments as and when
- There are lots on offer: yoga in all its forms, hydrotherapy pools, sauna and steam baths, traditional Balinese treatments, body massages, wraps by the dozen, the odd scrub
- Throw in kickboxing and Pilates classes and you’ll need an hour by the pool to make up your mind
- The local beaches are easy to get to and the hotel’s shuttle bus will drop you off and pick you up. Book in advance
- Hire bikes and take a spin around the peninsular, checking out temples and stopping to swim at beaches. You can also: hike, bike, dive, snorkel, fish, ride and walk
- Finally, the Bali National Golf course backs onto the hotel and they even hold a golf and Pilates retreat, so come to work on your posture while improving your swing
Activities on site or nearby include:
Children over the age of 12 are welcome at Revivo and can partake in the wellness activities if accompanied by a parent.
Teens (over 12)
- Airport: 30 minutes
- Restaurants: 8-10 minutes
Revivo sits idly up in the hills surrounded by teak forest and just 2km above Nusa Dua Beach on the southern tip of Bali.
Denpasar Ngurah Rai (17km / 30-minute drive) is served by many international airlines.
From the Airport
The hotel offers transfers to and from the airport. If you'd prefer to get a taxi, go to the Airport Taxi Desk in arrivals, where fares are fixed. If you are partaking in a wellness programme, then both the Fasttrack immigration service and return airport transfers are included.
There are frequent boats between Bali and the major islands in Indonesia, including Java, Lombok and Komodo.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.
- Ngurah Rai International Airport 17.0 km DPS
- Beach 1.5 km
- Shops 3.0 km
- Restaurant 2.5 km