“Peaceful hideaway on the island of Korcula with stunning views, a freshwater pool and a lovely beachside bistro”
Here, Mimi's tables are arranged on a covered wooden deck, looking onto a strip of pebble beach lined by white bean-bag loungers and parasols, with waiters serving cocktails and snacks. Paddle boards and bicycles are available for hire, and there's a speed boat for fishing and snorkelling trips. The setting is blissfully tranquil, with views across the sea channel to Peljesac. A perfect place to unwind in the sun for a week or more.
- Just steps from a small, private beach so you can swim before breakfast or take a sunset dip
- Well-priced rooms that feel fresh and modern
- Mimi's Bistro, serving gourmet cuisine and fine wines in an informal but romantic setting
- Away from the bustle of Korcula Town, but close enough to nip in for sightseeing or dinner - and far from the crowds
- Great for couples, friends, and families with teens and outdoorsy older kids; there are 3 Family Suites
- Hotel food and drinks are on the pricey side
- No twin-bedded rooms except in the Family Suites
- You'll need to take a seaplane from Dubrovnik or Split, or travel by road and boat to get to Korcula
- Be aware that some rates are prepaid and non-refundable
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- Restaurant and bar open daily
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Bicycles Available
There are 17 rooms and suites, all slick and spotlessly clean, and ours had a glorious sea view. The look is white, minimalist and modern, with wooden floors and discreet built-in cupboards. Beds are comfy and kingsize (no twins), and floor-to-ceiling glass doors slide open onto a little terrace, furnished with 2 chairs and a whitewashed log for a table.
Bathrooms, too, are sleek and sparse, with a walk-in rain shower (no tubs), a selection of big thick white towels, and Argan Source toiletries from Italy. The difference between the various double room categories is merely floor space and a choice of sea, pool or garden views. Family Suites have a double and a double/twin room, and an open-plan living area with a kitchenette.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee / tea making
- Cots Available
- Extra beds
- Mosquito net
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
Mimi's Bistro is modern and vibrant, with a covered wooden deck (giving shelter from the midday sun and spring showers), and white tables and chairs. The menu changes weekly, but the emphasis is always fresh, local and seasonal - think seafood pulled from the Adriatic that day, and vegetables picked the same morning.
At dinner, we feasted on tuna sashimi served on crushed ice, black squid risotto, and duck breast on potato with a beetroot compote. Other dishes to look out for include fresh oysters from nearby Ston on Peljesac, and the local wild boar. The wine list includes choices from Croatia, Italy and France.
Breakfast was excellent, too: eggs florentine, freshly squeezed juice and a good strong coffee, eaten in the sunshine overlooking the beach. Mimi's is open all day, and besides serving residents, it's frequented by sailing crews, who put down anchor in the bay and come ashore to dine here.
- Coffee / tea making
- Chill on the small beach, sunbathing and trying out the stand-up paddle boards (hourly rental)
- Book a guided cruise aboard the hotel boat (Boston Whaler 22) to try snorkelling and fishing; you might see/catch octopus!
- Rent a dinghy (licence required) and explore the nearby Korcula archipelago of 20 islets, rimmed by secluded coves and pebble beaches
- Spend a day in Korcula's Old Town, a short taxi ride (or 40-minute walk) away - which sits on a medieval-walled peninsula, centering on a splendid Gothic-Renaissance cathedral
- Hire a bicycle and pedal over to Lumbarda (9km), renowned for its excellent white Grk wine, dating from the 4th century BC when the Ancient Greeks settled here
- Try windsurfing or kite-surfing in the channel between Peljesac and Korcula; you can rent equipment and book lessons from a base in Viganj
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Museums / galleries
- Private guided tours
- Shopping / markets
- Stand-up paddle boarding
- Traditional cultures
- Wine tasting
Tara's Lodge welcomes all ages, but we think it's best suited to outdoorsy older children and teens, who will love the activities on offer and the informal bistro.
Babies (0-1 years), Children (4-12 years), Teens (over 12)
Family friendly accommodation:
The Family Suites have 2 bedrooms (1 kingsize bed, 1 kingsize/twin) plus space for a baby cot or rollaway bed for a child. They also have an open-plan living space, a shower bathroom and a kitchenette with a microwave. The Superior and Executive rooms each have space for a baby cot or rollaway bed for a child.
- Baby cots
- High chairs
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids Activities on site:
- Bikes to hire
- Stand-up paddle boards
- Boat trips with snorkelling and fishing
Families Should Know:
The pool is fenced with a child-proof gate lock
- Airport: 20 minutes (domestic seaplane flights from Dubrovnik or Split to Korcula, or you'll need to come via road and sea; approx 2 hours from Dubrovnik and 2-3 from Split)
- Shop: 5 minutes' walk
- Local Hospital: 4km