A natural stone path serpentines its way through lush green gardens and down onto the seafront. Here, Mimi's Bistro and Bar has tables arranged on a covered wooden deck, looking onto a strip of pebble beach lined with loungers and parasols, with waiters serving cocktails and snacks. Paddleboards and bicycles are available for hire, plus tailored boating and snorkelling trips can be arranged. The setting is blissfully tranquil, with views across the sea channel to Peljesac. A perfect place to unwind in the sun for a week or more.
- The hotel is just steps from a small beach, so you can swim before breakfast or take a sunset dip
- Well-priced rooms that feel fresh and modern
- Mimi's Bistro and Bar, serving gourmet cuisine and fine wines in an informal but romantic setting
- Away from the bustle of Korcula Town, but close enough to nip in for sightseeing or dinner - and far from the crowds
- Great for couples, friends, and families with outdoorsy kids (book a two-bedroomed Sea View Suite)
- We felt hotel food and drinks were on the pricey side when we visited
- The small beach is pebbly and can get crowded - not ideal for children
- You'll need to travel by road and boat to get to Korcula
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- 17 rooms
- Restaurant and bar open daily
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Beach Nearby
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Car recommended
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Bicycles Available
There are 17 rooms and suites, all slick and spotlessly clean, and ours had a glorious sea view. The look is white, minimalist and modern, with wooden floors and discreet built-in cupboards. Beds are comfy and kingsize, and floor-to-ceiling glass doors slide open onto a little terrace (with handy mosquito screens), furnished with 2 chairs and a whitewashed log for a table.
Bathrooms, too, are sleek and sparse, with a walk-in rain shower (no tubs), a selection of big thick white towels, and L'Occitane toiletries. The difference between the various double room categories is merely floor space and a choice of sea, pool or garden views. Sea View Suites have a double and a double/twin room, and an open-plan living area with a kitchenette.
If you'd like more space and privacy, check out their sister villa with a pool nearby, which sleeps up to 11, and can be taken as individual apartments in spring and autumn.
- Mosquito net
- Safe box
Mimi's Bistro and Bar is modern and vibrant, with a covered wooden deck, and white tables and chairs. It offers al fresco dining - ideal for the warm-weather - and a Mediterranean-inspired menu. They source the freshest and finest local produce from Korcula and the surrounding regions. The bar offers an international selection of spirits and locally sourced wines from the region.
Breakfast was excellent, too: the buffet includes eggs, fresh juices and a good strong coffee, eaten in the sunshine overlooking the beach. Mimi's is open all day, and besides serving residents, barefoot locals are encouraged to stop by the tiny bar for an Aperol Spritz, or the famed Mimi’s Burger, and eat it overlooking the bay view.
- Chill on the small beach, sunbathing and trying out the stand-up paddleboards (hourly rental)
- Sign up for a yoga session, or just lounge by the pool with a book
- Book a guided BBQ cruise to try snorkelling and fishing; you might see/catch octopus!
- Rent a dinghy (licence required) and explore the nearby Korcula archipelago of 20 islets, rimmed by secluded coves and pebble beaches
- Spend a day in Korcula's Old Town, a short taxi ride (or 40-minute walk) away - which sits on a medieval-walled peninsula, centering on a splendid Gothic-Renaissance cathedral
- Hire a bicycle and pedal over to Lumbarda (9km), renowned for its excellent white Grk wine, dating from the 4th century BC when the Ancient Greeks settled here
- Try windsurfing or kite-surfing in the channel between Peljesac and Korcula; you can rent equipment and book lessons from a base in Viganj
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Shopping / markets
- Wine tasting
Tara's Lodge welcomes all ages, but we think it's best suited to outdoorsy older children and teens, who will love the activities on offer and the informal bistro.
Babies (0-1 years), Children (4-12 years), Teens (over 12)
Family friendly accommodation:
The Sea View Suite is the best bet for families. It comprises one master bedroom with a kingsize bed and one double room with two single beds, plus space for a baby cot or rollaway bed for a child. They also have an open space living room with kitchenette, including a microwave and fridge, and a balcony with breathtaking views. The Superior and Executive rooms each have space for a baby cot or rollaway bed for a child.
Cots Available, Extra Beds Available, Family Rooms
- Baby cots
- High chairs
- Baby bath
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids Activities on site:
- Bikes to hire
- Stand-up paddle boards
- Boat trips with snorkelling and fishing
Families Should Know:
The pool is fenced with a child-proof gate lock.
- Airport: Approx 2.5 hours' drive from Dubrovnik and 3.5 hours from Split
- Shop: 5 minutes' walk
- Local Hospital: 4km
Tara’s Lodge, located on the Bay of Žrnovska Banja, is one of the most scenic areas on the island, just 3km west of the historic town of Korcula (approximately 8 minutes’ drive).
Fly to Dubrovnik or Split.
Road and Sea Transfers:
The hotel can arrange private transfers by car and motor boat from Dubrovnik and Split airports (2.5 and 3.5 hours respectively). This is the simplest option as they will know the best routes and timings for your dates.
If you have your own car, you can drive all the way to Orebić on the Pelješac peninsula and take a short (15min) ferry crossing to Domince on Korcula, which is a short drive from the hotel. Or you can take the ferry from Split to Vela Luka (on the western side of Korcula) and drive across the island to the hotel (40 mins' drive). See ferry links below.
Otherwise, you could arrange your own transfer: bus or taxi to Dubrovnik or Split's ferry port, then catamaran to the island. Someone from Tara's Lodge will collect you at your incoming port, either Korcula Town or Vela Luka (extra cost).
Krilo - passenger catamaran
Jadrolinija - passenger and car ferries
GV Line - passenger catamaran
- Dubrovnik 141.0 km DBV
- Dubrovnik 205.0 km SPU
- Beach 0.1 km
- Shops 1.0 km
- Restaurant 3.0 km