Built in 1978, the Manor House is set in a decadent 300-acre Menorcan playground of open farmland dotted with olive trees. So palatial is the house that 10-14 friends can easily spread themselves out amongst the various lounges, terraces and 6 bedrooms (one has bunkbeds; ideal if you have little ones in tow). If you tire of lounging by the pool, exploring the estate’s hidden caves and taking leisurely group lunches, you’re well placed for Menorca’s many south-coast beaches and central enough to make day trips to Maó, Ciutadella and everywhere in between.
- Spacious 6-bedroom villa, ideal for big group or family getaways. Sit back by the pool and enjoy the sea views
- Private access to sandy Cala Binigaus with its crystal-clear water (approx. 20-minute walk or a bumpy drive)
- Huge high-spec kitchen: self-cater or hire a live-in cook
- The concierge service can pre-arrange spa days, boat trips, nightclub bookings etc
- Unique, airy style at surprisingly affordable rates (with flexible booking except in July and August)
- The villa's 1.5km access track ensures plenty of privacy, but popping to the village for shops/restaurants takes time
- Beautiful Cala Binigaus can be popular with nudists, but neighbouring Santo Tomas beach has beach bars and eateries
- A hefty security deposit is required
- The grounds' staff have limited English; if you want concierge services, request them before arrival
- Luxury Villa
- 6 bedrooms
- Self catering (+ meals/in-house chef on request)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Beach Nearby
- Creche / Kids Club
- Car essential
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Concierge Service
This fun and funky villa is gloriously comfortable and spacious, benefitting from an open-plan kitchen-dining room, huge unheated outdoor pool and expansive grounds. There’s an orangery lining the front of the house, and a cosy corner lounge perfect for curling up on cooler evenings.
Every bedroom has its own personality and strengths. The palatial first-floor King Suite has a four-poster gazing directly out to the pool and the Mediterranean beyond, plus there's a private west-facing terrace. Like the Sjal Suite and South Suite (also on the first floor) it has an ensuite bathroom, but here you get a freestanding tub as well as the walk-in shower. The lofty second-floor Queen Suite is the only double room to lack an ensuite, but we're rather fond of its dazzling sea views and 2 private terraces. There’s also a kids' bedroom and shower bathroom on this floor, so no need to traipse downstairs. The ground-floor ensuite Bovera Suite has direct access to the grounds: ideal for guests with limited mobility or those who enjoy an early morning dip in the pool.
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
The large kitchen, stylish pergola-covered dining area and ocean-facing terrace make this place ideal for lazy group feasts. We'd recommend hiring a cook (on request for individual meals or the whole stay) and revelling in the house-party vibe.
If you'd prefer to self-cater, you'll enjoy cooking here. The house has an impressive double oven and hob, a large fridge-freezer, and a huge pantry stocked with crockery, cutlery and equipment. Basic ingredients may be available but nothing is officially provided. You’ll find grocery shops in your local village, or a shopping service can be arranged.
Being somewhat isolated on your grand estate, you’re unlikely to want to eat out regularly in the evenings, but when you do you’ll find a few informal eateries in the nearby village of Es Migjorn Gran, a 30-minute walk or a 10-minute drive from the villa.
If you’re spending the day exploring the island, head north to Fornells, west to Ciuatdella or east to Maó for authentic tapas and fresh seafood lunches.
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Dinner by arrangement
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- In house cook
- Kids' meals
- Lunch by arrangement
- Shopping service
- Welcome hamper
- Explore the caves behind the village, use the on-site bicycles and follow your 1.5km private track down to white-sand Cala Binigaus, or bring the house's 2 kayaks and take to the water. Afterwards follow the coast along to Santo Tomas, where there are a couple of beach bars for light lunches
- Fancy a cruise in a speedboat, a relaxing spa day or a night of partying? The house's concierge service can arrange all manner of bespoke activities; you'll be sent a list of possibilities prior to arrival for pre-booking
- Get your zen on with a private yoga class by the pool
- Don't miss Cova d'en Xoroi, on the south coast. Built into the cliff-face, this dramatic bar and club offers the best seaview sunsets on the island. In summer, guest DJs and performers draw crowds late into the night - great fun!
- Walk, run or horseback ride along the coastal Cami de Cavalls - the route is easily picked up, and encircles the entire island
- Bitesize Menorca is wonderfully easy to explore - see our destination guide for highlights and inspiration
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Horse riding
- Mountain biking
- Museums / galleries
- Plantlife / flora
- Shopping / markets
- Wine tasting
Best Time to go
Our Top Tips
The Manor House is located on the south coast of Menorca, just outside the village of Es Migjorn Gran, and accessed via a 1.5km private track. It is approximately 35 minutes from Maó (Mahon) and 40 minutes from Ciutadella.
Mahon is Menorca's only airport - it's a 25-minute drive. The villa is isolated and accessed via a bumpy private track, so we'd recommend hiring a sturdy car. There is ample on-site parking. Alternatively, you could take a taxi or arrange a transfer through the property.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.
- Mahon (Maó) 26.0 km MAH
- Beach 1.5 km
- Shops 2.5 km
- Restaurant 2.5 km