Set on the village-like high street of Barcelona’s affluent Sarrià neighbourhood, the B&B fits perfectly into its surroundings: understated chic with a subtle rustic charm. It’s all bistros and bakeries here; organic food shops rather than supermarkets, family-run boutiques instead of fast fashion. A few metres away is Plaça de Sarrià, where you can enjoy an al fresco drink as the church bells toll on the hour. Experience Barcelona like a local, away from the crowds and tourist shops.
- We loved owner Pati's delicious bespoke dinners, and her cookery classes get rave reviews too
- You get a taste of authentic local life in a non-touristy neighbourhood, home to lots of lovely restaurants
- You’re minutes from the Collserola Park, famed for its scenic hiking trails and panoramic Barcelona views
- A very intimate feel, with only two bedrooms
- Pati is respectful of guests’ privacy; she doesn’t stay on the premises so you're on your own after she leaves but is always available on WhatsApp and lives 2 minutes away
- Expect some street noise at night in the Superior Suite
- Barcelona’s main tourist attractions are a (short) train ride away – although we think it's lovely to be based here in Sarrià
- Those after a guesthouse with a social scene should book elsewhere; just two bedrooms and no living room makes this a serene little hideaway
- You'll need to book ahead
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Guesthouse
- 2 bedrooms
- Breakfast + other meals on request
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Spa Treatments
- Beach Nearby
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Car not necessary
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
There are just two ensuite bedrooms at The Sarria Hideaway. The Junior Suite sleeps three and overlooks an interior patio (better for light sleepers), while the Superior Suite sleeps four and overlooks Sarrià’s village-like high street.
Décor is fresh and simple: it’s all soft furnishings and a palette of bright white with dashes of grey and cinnamon. In the Superior Suite, a Renoir portrait print and a tin jug sit on a distressed wood desk which owner Pati refurbished herself. There’s a touch of Provence about this shabby-chic look, until you open the French windows and immerse yourself in daily Catalan life just below. Exposed wood beam ceilings add to the bedrooms’ rustic charm, and a little jar of homemade cookies on a tray are a sweet personal touch. Compact white tiled bathrooms are equipped with sustainable toiletries; the Junior Suite has a shower while the Superior Suite comes with a bath. There are no TVs, encouraging guests to rest, relax and explore.
Some years ago, owner Pati left her high-flying job as a lawyer to pursue her passion: cooking. One taste of her stacked aubergine, comté cheese and shitake lasagna, and it’s clear it was meant to be.
The kitchen is a mix of modern and country style with its partially exposed brick wall and tiled floors that lead out onto a little patio where organic herbs grow. Wicker baskets hang on the wall; crockery, jars and potted plants line the shelves. In the centre is a large wooden table where a generous continental breakfast is served (you're asked what time best suits the day before), or lunch and dinner upon request.
Pati also hosts cookery courses for the whole family. It’s very much about provenance here, so the jams, breads, cheeses and hams come from top providers at the local market. We’d recommend asking Pati to cook for you one night, but if not, the area is brimming with bistros – this patch of Sarrià is a foodie hotspot.
- Dinner by arrangement
- Lunch by arrangement
- Restaurants nearby
- Soak up Sarrià's village-like atmosphere by stopping for a drink in any of the sun-soaked plazas. We loved watching the world go by on Plaça de Sarrià, facing the Sant Vicenç de Sarrià church
- Take a cookery class with owner Pati, suitable for kids, adults or the whole family
- Indulge in a Penedès wine tasting session, paired with local Catalan cheese and cured hams in the kitchen, organised by Pati
- Head up to the sprawling Collserola Nature Park just 10 minutes away by foot (or rent a bike) for scenic trails and panoramic Barcelona views; private guided hikes available upon request
- Embark on a foodie tour of the neighbourhood and local market with Pati
- Book in a local yoga class or an in-room massage; Pati can organise either
- Admire city views from the top of Barcelona’s tallest hill, Tibidabo, also home to an amusement park and the striking Sagrat Cor church
A mother of three, Pati not only welcomes families but also fully understands the needs of guests with young children. You get the sense she really loves family visitors too – her cookery classes can be adapted for children, for example, and she’s able to provide meals to late night arrivals, including baby meals.
Babies (0-1 years), Toddlers (1-4 years), Children (4-12 years)
Family friendly accommodation:
Both rooms are suitable for families; the Junior Suite caters for three, while the Superior Suite caters for four – or book both rooms (which are next to each other) and you have the whole guesthouse to yourself. Cots are available at no extra charge.
- Airport: 15 minutes
- Hospital: 5 minutes
- Shops: 1 minute
The Sarria Hideaway is in the northern suburbs of Barcelona, in the Sarrià neighbourhood.
The nearest airport is El Prat, a 15-minute taxi ride away.
By Public Transport:
The nearest stop is Sarriá, 500 metres from Casa Filomena. It’s about a 12-minute train ride to the centre: the S1, S2, L6 or S7 all stop at Plaza Catalunya.
We don't recommend driving in Barcelona when there's such good public transport. But if you are hiring a car before or after, there's parking 2 minutes away.
Detailed directions will be sent when you book through i-escape.
- Barcelona–El Prat Airport 13.0 km BCN
- Beach 0.8 km
- Shops 0.1 km
- Restaurant 0.1 km