“A stunning Art Deco-inspired hotel set in a riverside oasis near the historic heart of Bangkok, with sumptuous suites and exceptional service”
You could get away with doing nothing much except moving between the pool and the cocktail bar for most of your stay, but it would be a waste not to experience its wealth of offerings. Book a wellness programme at the Opium Spa, take a Muay Thai boxing class, join a private river cruise or attend a Thai cooking lesson with one of the chefs. As for the rooms, even the smallest of its 39 sumptuous suites offer ample space. One thing is certain - however long you stay for, The Siam is a very difficult hotel to leave.
- Every suite is large, lavishly appointed and incredibly romantic, and each comes with a smartphone you can take with you for the day
- A genuine sense of calm and space which is nearly impossible to find elsewhere in Bangkok
- The riverside gardens with a 23m-pool, a bar and restaurant is the perfect place to relax after a hot day exploring the city
- In a city celebrated for five-star spas, the exquisitely opulent Opium Spa has to be experienced to be believed.
- Avoid the traffic and use the free Siam Boat Cruise to access 14 drop-off points up and down the river
- You're not in walking distance of the main temple districts, but taxis are super cheap and the boat connections are free
- Outdoor space is at a premium in Bangkok, so some rooms don’t have balconies
- It’s expensive, but this is a unique way to experience Bangkok
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- Restaurant and bar
- Children aged 12 or under are welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Snooker Table
The Siam has a range of elegant suites and villas sleeping two or three people.
Each is created by famed hotel designer Bill Bensley, with a unique blend of monotone Art Deco interiors complemented with handpicked local Thai artefacts, carvings and prints. Large flatscreen TVs come as standard without taking away from the authentic 1920s experience, while pantries come with Nespresso machines, cold drinks and fresh fruit.
The Mae Nam Suites are large, individually designed and come with butler service. The tranquil Riverside Suites have floor-to-ceiling windows and palatial bathrooms. The Pool Villa Courtyard suites have seriously opulent bathrooms, while the Pool Villa Riverview suites have their own inner sanctuaries for relaxation. We stayed in the Siam Suite (the smallest room available) but it still has a huge bedroom, luxurious lounge, and massive bathroom with two sinks, separate shower room and clawfoot bath.
- Air conditioning
- CD player
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- DVD player
- Ipod dock
- Plunge pool
- Safe box
Breakfasts are sophisticated, filling, and overflowing with flavour. Whether it's the handmade pastries, the classic full English or the spicy Khao Niew Moo Yang, there is so much on offer you could be forgiven for not paying much attention to the views across the river. We had three breakfasts during our stay and still didn’t get to try everything from the menu, never mind the selection of juices, shakes and fruit options at the buffet.
For dinner there are two options, either the Deco bistro and bar or the riverside Chon restaurant. Deco is great for European classics (often with a local twist) while Chon offers an incredible range of Thai classics fresh from the wok.
If you want to try something different from the restaurant, consider dinner on the Siam's sunset boat cruise or try out the Thai cooking classes with a chef to help you source and cook your own three-course feast.
Keep an eye out for the hidden cafe and poolside cocktail bar to keep you going throughout the day.
- Children's meals
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Dinner by arrangement
- Lunch by arrangement
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- Book one of the hotel's cooking classes which includes an excursion with the in-house chefs to local markets to pick the best products, before returning to cook and enjoy three delicious courses.
- Book a Muay Thai boxing class in the gym.
- Wellbeing is at the heart of the Siam, so whether it’s yoga, reiki and Ayurveda classes, or treatments in the lavish, award-winning Opium Spa, make sure you make time for yourself.
- It’s easy to access all the temple complexes of the Grand Palace, Wat Pho or Wat Arun by boat. You can then walk down towards the start of Chinatown and end the night with cocktails in one of Bangkok’s myriad sky bars.
- Book one of the Siam’s sunset boat tours onboard the Golden Naga for cocktails and canapés while experiencing stunning waterfront views of the Grand Palace.
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Cooking classes
- Historical sites
- Shopping / markets
- Well being
Children aged 12 and under are welcome but there are no specific kids' activities, and menu options at the restaurant feel limited. The main pool isn’t a suitable depth for younger children, and while they do have a babysitting service, we would generally recommend this hotel for adult visitors.
Babies (0-1 years), Toddlers (1-4 years), Children (4-12 years)
Family friendly accommodation:
Cots Available, Extra Beds Available
- Airport: Bangkok's traffic is notoriously unpredictable, so journeys may take anywhere from 45-70 minutes.
- Hospital: 20 minutes' drive
- Shops: Five minutes' walk
The Siam is located in the heart of old Bangkok in the historic Dusit quarter on the city side of the Chao Phraya river and close to Krung Thon Bridge.
Fly into Bangkok Suvarnabhumi (35km).
From the Airport
The Siam can arrange transfers from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport (45 minutes), or you can take a taxi.
From the airport, take the rail link from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Phayathai Station (BTS Skytrain) and then a taxi to the hotel.
The Siam has a river pier and offers private speedboat shuttles to and from Bangkok's Sathorn Central Pier, which can be reached from the BTS Skytrain at Saphan Taksin station.
Detailed directions will be provided when you confirm your booking through i-escape.
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport 35.0 km BKK
- Beach 30.0 km
- Shops 0.1 km
- Restaurant 0.1 km