“A funky, friendly, Mediterranean-Zen chillout near Bodrum, with cool pool and bistro bar”
Down by the pool, you can kick back on low white sofas to the gentle beat of chilled jazz, play pool or darts in the sociable living room, or order a cocktail from the award-winning barman. If you fancy staying in, they do a tasty line in salads, wines and seafood; if not, bustling Bodrum is just a few bays away, with no shortage of boutiques, bars and nightlife. By day, you can hop on a gulet cruise, get a day pass to one of the beach clubs, go horse-riding or watersporting, or explore Bodrum castle.
Information provided by 4 reasons hotel+bistro on 03/08/2020.
Cleaning and hygiene
Enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures including regular disinfection of all social areas, rooms and suites; hygienic materials with disinfectant properties available for guests in rooms. Staff wear masks and gloves, receive regular health checks and live within the hotel. Licenced occupational health and safety expert biologist in the team who coordinates hygiene, disinfection and other precautionary practices. Guests receive welcome package with a mask and hand sanitiser and information document regarding the on-site health measures. Rooms cleaned only at guest request. Disinfection with Nano Silver Ion Technology (ULV) after each stay, and all indoor areas every 15 days. Linens, covers and sheets washed at high heat.
Social distancing practiced with no compromise throughout gardens and common spaces, with a high guest/area ratio. Sanitisers available in all common areas.
Food and drink
Distances between seating groups increased in breakfast, dining and lounge areas. At poolside, bistro4 and Terrace Bar areas, during breakfast and meals, tables and chairs disinfected after each use. Kitchen staff wear aprons, masks, gloves and face visors.
All massage therapy equipment disinfected after each session. Therapists carry out an intensive hand washing procedure with soap, water and disinfectant. Bocce balls, billiards and chess pieces disinfected after each use and protected at the bar.
If a reservation made with non-refundable payment is cancelled, payment cannot be refunded but a voucher will be offered to be used until the end of December 2021.
Guests advised to use the online check-in service, and to complete payments and the commitments and accommodation forms, specially prepared to protect health, before entering the hotel. Detailed information about online check-in procedures will be sent via e-mail after booking. Room keys disinfected and presented at the reception on arrival. Body temperature of each guest measured at the entrance of the hotel. Isolation room available if required to monitor the health of any guests.
- The funky pool with its chillout music and white cushions is a cool place to top up your tan by day
- After dark, with a ring of flickering torches and candlelit tables, it makes a magical spot for evening cocktails, too
- Being so near Bodrum, there's no shortage of things to do, but there's also an abundance of tranquil spots to sit and do nothing…
- Rates are refreshingly reasonable for an area aspiring to be the Turkish St. Tropez
- Great and always friendly staff
- WiFi can be patchy
- The Bodrum peninsula has come out in a rash of boxy holiday villages, though most are mercifully hidden out of sight from here
- The 'easy listening' music in the dining areas may not be to everyone's taste
- Only children aged 12 and over permitted, to preserve the tranquil atmosphere
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- Restaurant and bar
- Children 12 and over accepted
- Closed: 15 Oct 2021 - 29 Dec 2021
- Outdoor Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Snooker Table
We loved our airy, all-white sanctuary of a bedroom: it had plenty of space and all the necessary ticks without feeling in the least cluttered. The firm-but-comfy double bed was overlooked by a sun-bleached branch of driftwood - simple, artistic and very fitting. And the whole room was cleverly shaped, with daring diagonals, to avoid being boring and boxy.
In the white-tiled bathroom was a large quadrant shower with a huge head; towels and robes were thick and fluffy, bathware was slick Vitra design.
Our Casual room suited our mood perfectly (lots of space but no frills); other room types have roughly the same spec but one or two distinguishing features. Passionate rooms come with a fireplace for cosying up in winter (not all rooms have central heating); Junior Suites get a sitting area with a Persil-white sofa; while the 2-bedroom Functional rooms are perfect for families with older children. Views vary - some face the olive groves, others overlook the pool, both have their merits, and many have a balcony too.
- Air conditioning
- Extra beds
- Safe box
Our days started brightly, with the sun dappling the walls, Maria Callas soaring from the speakers and a tempting basket of muffins and croissants. This was followed by a crunchy cucumber-tomato salad, some crumbly white cheese, scoops of cold watermelon and a rosette of jams. It's a wonder we ever left the poolside terrace. You can order eggs and cold meats if you want, but you won't finish them.
We were back most days for a quick dip and lunch - warm sea bass salad with pine nuts, raisins and chives, perhaps, or a medley of grilled veg – followed by a siesta on the sofas.
And it's worth staying in at least once for dinner, by which time the poolside tables have gained candles, and the cocktail bar is lit by flickering torches, to create a romantic bistro atmosphere. We can thoroughly recommend the 4reasons salad (tasty strips of chicken with crunchy lettuce) and the succulent sea bream baked with olives, cherry tomatoes and herbs (which comes wrapped in greaseproof paper like a very superior takeaway). Don’t skip cocktail hour either, they’re creative and dangerously delicious..
If you want to head out for dinner, staff will recommend the hot spots, from waterfront taverns in Yalikavak harbour to chichi dining in Bodrum.
- Room service
- Don't miss the wooden gulet day cruises from Yalikavak harbour: stop to swim and snorkel in the vividly turquoise waters, tuck into a fabulous lunch and recline on deck-top mattresses amid the sea breeze
- Wander down to one of the beach clubs (15-30 mins walk) for cushioned boardwalks, watersports, sociable sunbathing and mouthwatering grills; Bandana is nearest and often gives 4reasons guests free entry, while Xuma has the best facilities (waterskiing, catamarans, lasers, windsurfers, volley, basket, gym…)
- Or continue to the sandy but crowded beach at Yalikavak , and explore the artist's colony and the waterfront
- Drive (or take a dolmus) round to Gümüslük at the tip of the peninsula: a perfectly enclosed harbour with bobbing boats, pyramidal hills and the scant remains of a classical settlement
- Perhaps the most idyllic beach is at Akyarlar, a bit further round, where limestone cliffs plunge into azure seas besides enclosed strips of white sand
- Hobnob with the jetset at nearby Türkbükü, where all the restaurants are on platforms on the sea (but beware - it's pricey)
- Drive to Milas (50km), the region's carpet capital: you can watch deft hands weaving or haggle for their bright, geometric prayer rugs
- The hotel can book a guided horse-riding safari in the Bodrum hills (best from October-May) and provide maps for hiking through the ghost village of Sandima (home to just one family, who make lovely pottery which you can admire or buy)
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Ceramic lessons
- Cooking classes
- Historical sites
- Horse riding
- Scuba diving
- Shopping / markets
Only children aged 12 and over are accepted as this is a peaceful and tranquil hotel with a grown up ambiance.
Teens (over 12)
Family friendly accommodation:
Functional Suites have 2 bedrooms (1 double, 1 twin) and 2 bathrooms. They can sleep a family of 4, and are considered quieter if on the upper level. Junior Suites work well for a family of 3 as each has a sofabed.
Kids Activities on site:
- Pool and environs
- Painting classes on request (high season)
- Pool table
- Bocce (petanque)
Kids Activities nearby:
- Beach and watersports
- Pirates of the Cactus waterpark
- Pottery classes
- Gulet boat trips
Families Should Know:
Keep an eye around the pool which can become slippery
- Airport: 50 minutes
- Hospital: 10-15 minutes
- Shops: 2 minutes
The hotel is on Turkey's Aegean coast, 2km outside the village of Yelikavak and 18km from Bodrum town.
Fly into Bodrum-Milas (50km / 45 minutes' drive).
From the Airport
You will almost certainly want to hire a car for your stay. Otherwise, book an airport transfer through the hotel or take a taxi, then use dolmuses (public minibuses) or hotel vehicles to get around the Bodrum peninsula.
By Ferry from Datça
There is a once-daily sailing ferry (summer only) between Bodrum and Datça, which takes about 2 hours; see bodrumferryboat.com for details. You can take your car on board, allowing you to make a loop Dalaman – Datça – Bodrum – Dalaman. Or, if you're really clever, you could get dropped off here at the end of a gulet cruise.
Detailed directions will be provided when you book through i-escape.
More on getting to Turkey and getting around
- Bodrum-Milas 50.0 km BJV
- Beach 0.5 km
- Shops 0.2 km
- Restaurant 1.5 km