In a quiet spot so untouristy that taxi drivers often find it hard to locate, the Med-Inn has become a well-kept secret to those in the know. They don't tell their friends about the pool, the attentive service, the lush Mediterranean gardens and the beautifully coloured suites: it's all too good to share. There's plenty of space for families, friends and lovers who like to lounge, and many visitors find its easy-going attitude so addictive that they return year on year. We loved its VIP members' club feel, taking a gulet around the islands of the bay, going on daytrips to the ruins of Ancient Greece, and eating fresh fish as the sun set into a perfect aquamarine sea.
- Great for families, especially older children and teenagers - there's plenty of space in the suites, a relaxed ambiance, and a pool
- Right on the beach - make yourself at home on the chic jetty, where staff will happily serve food and drink
- Delicious fresh seafood in the restaurant and an extensive cocktail menu
- Quiet and laid-back, with a warm welcome
- Good value for money, considering all the spacious, stylish suites have sea views and private balconies
- It's quite a long way from other places of interest (Bodrum is 40 minutes' drive): you might want to hire a car
- The menu in the shoulder/low season is limited, and it's 4km winding drive to Gulluk's restaurants
- The exterior of the 6-storey building isn't that attractive, and Gulluk has some ugly developments, but that's soon forgotten when you clock the view
- We found breakfast a little underwhelming compared to the amazing dinners
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- 26 rooms
- Restaurant and bar (open daily)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Beach Nearby
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Concierge Service
The smart and modern suites are all very spacious and uniquely designed, with queensize bedrooms and lovely living areas.
Executive Suites are Cinnamon or Beluga in style. We stayed in a modern and bright Beluga-style room, with an aubergine sofa and bright kilims on the floor as well as modern art and angular furniture. Pick Cinnamon if you're looking for restful, natural colours; chic shades of brown, cream and white. Either way, you'll get a Jacuzzi tub in the modern white bathroom.
Junior Suites are split into Pepper - bright and vibrant with scarlet sofas, mustard cushions and modern photography - and Sapphire - a refined and elegant look with white textured vases and deep-pile sea green rugs alongside colourwash canvases. Bathrooms have a regular tub with an overhead shower.
Family Suites have 2 twin beds set up in their living rooms, but are otherwise the same as Junior Suites. The main bedroom can also be set up as a twin room if you prefer.
All suites have a sea view, balcony and WiFi, and we'd recommend asking for a centrally-located room on one of the upper floors, which will give you the best view.
- Air conditioning
- DVD player
- Extra beds
- Family friendly
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
The hotel has two restaurants which share a menu featuring international fare and fine Turkish wines (chosen to match the food, from award winning winery, Kavaklıdere).
The top-floor restaurant has fantastic views and is good dinner option for the cooler months. This is also where breakfast is served, a cold buffet of fruit, cheeses and salads, plus Turkish coffee and orange juice wash everything down.
The garden terrace restaurant is open for lunch all season and dinner in summer, when the weather is warm enough to eat by the beach. We dined on decadent steaks, juicy prawns and rich chocolate fondants, the sound of the sea and flickering candles in the background.
Afterwards, we strolled over the informal lounge bar for a nightcap overlooking the grounds. Snacks and drinks are available here throughout the day, and there are plenty of places to sit down by the sea.
If you want to eat out, you can drive/taxi/bus into Gulluk for dinner (4km), where you'll find small local cafes and eateries. Ask the team for the latest recommendations.
- Children's meals
- Family friendly
- Room service
- Vegetarian options
- Relax on the small private beach, bag a sunlounger on the jetty, or take Turkish apple tea next to the pool
- Go sailing on a traditional gulet; reception can organise daytrips up and down the coast, and there are frequent stops for swimming and snorkelling
- Spend a day in Bodrum. Its lively shingle beaches, castle and museums are worth a visit, as is the town's hammam and mud baths. It's around 40 minutes' drive from the hotel
- Check out Bodrum peninsula's beaches. Vass is great for windsurfing, and shallow Bitez has soft sand and is ideal for families, with a tangerine orchard beside it. Or ask the hotel for recommendations
- Take a boat trip to the antique city of Iasos, where you can find original ancient Greek columns and an amphitheatre hidden among the hills
- If Greek and Roman ruins inspire you, the excavations at Ephesus are worth the 2+ hour drive: one of the 7 wonders of the world, the Temple of Artemis and Celsus Library are outstanding
- Take a day trip to Rhodes or Kos from Bodrum harbour. Ferries go regularly and once there you can hire a scooter in the harbour to explore
- Head into the nearby fishing village of Gulluk where you'll find a handful of cafes and shops
- Play golf. There are plenty of new golf courses on the coast here, the closest just 15 minutes away
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Museums / galleries
- Scuba diving
- Shopping / markets
Med-Inn is great for kids and experienced in hosting families. It is a relaxing, peaceful hotel and while there isn't a kids club or ponies to ride (or any laid-on activities), if you're happy with sun, sand, space, a place to play and a 4km walk to the village, this would work for you. Teens seem to have particularly enjoyed it in the past.
Children under 6 go free; there is a small supplement for older children in an extra bed.
Family friendly accommodation:
The ground-floor Family Suites work best, sleeping 2 adults in the bedroom and 2 children in the living area in twin beds. Instead of balconies, they open directly onto the terrace / bar / restaurant - perfect for parents wanting to enjoy dinner while their children sleep. There is also the option of taking a first-floor Family Suite with a balcony. Alternatively, the Junior Suites have a small sofabed in the living room to sleep 1 child aged 3-6, or the Executive Suites have a sofabed in the lounge that sleeps 2 children aged 3-12, or you can add an extra bed.
A kids' menu, and the Mediterranean food on the main menu, including fresh fish, isn't completely foreign for younger guests.
Kids Activities on site:
- Swimming pool (unheated)
- Decked jetty in the sea
- Garden to play in
Kids Activities nearby:
- Gulet tours and other boat trips
- Hidden beaches and coves
- Archaeological digs and tours eg the ruins at Ephesus
- Local markets and shops in Bodrum
Families Should Know:
The pool isn't fenced and there's a deck and beach very close - you'll need to keep a close eye on toddlers.
- Airport: 20 minutes
- Hospital: 40 minutes
- Shops: 10 minutes
For more family-friendly places, see our Kids Collection
Med-Inn is perched on the Bay of Gulluk, overlooking its own small private beach in Milas, 40km from the centre of Bodrum on the west coast of Turkey.
The closest airport, Bodrum, is only 10km away and easily reached via European charter airlines and national carrier Turkish Airlines. Izmir is the second closest and receives international flights. Click on the links below for a list of airlines serving these airports.
From the Airport
The hotel offers transfers - see Rates - or you can take a taxi from Bodrum airport to the hotel, or hire a car (see below).
There are plenty of buses into Bodrum from around Turkey in the summer months. The main bus station or otogar is in the centre of the town, and from here you can take a taxi.
Bodrum is a hub for ferries to and from the Greek Islands, including Kos and Rhodes.
For car hire, see our car rental recommendations. It's a slightly tricky journey to the hotel down a long lane and sat nav will take you on the wrong route if you're not careful. The hotel has off-street parking.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
More on getting to Turkey and getting around
- Bodrum 10.0 km BJV
- Izmir Adnan Menderes 200.0 km ADB
- Beach 0.1 km
- Shops 4.5 km
- Restaurant 4.5 km