Sunlight and soft breezes stream through glass-fronted rooms and private pool-decks, with sea views to help you unwind. Pampering is de rigueur - expect sumptuous Thai and fusion cuisine, highly personalised service, great attention to detail and extensive spa treatments based on the 4 elements of moon, sun, earth and sea, including yoga retreats and supervised detox sessions. Once re-energised, you can charter a yacht, play golf or dive the world-class Similan Islands. This is much more than sun, sea and sand: it bills itself as 'a sanctuary of mind and body', within easy reach of Phuket's international airport.
- This is the place for those in search of sheer spoiling relaxation and luxury; space and privacy come as standard in your villa or suite
- It's on a stunning, unspoilt and isolated beach
- The food is innovative and beautifully presented
- There are high standards of workmanship and architecture throughout, paired with up-to-the-minute amenities
- The staff are wonderfully dedicated
- The resort is larger than our usual choice, with over 100 rooms, suites and villas - though the grounds and beach are easily large enough to offer plenty of space for all
- It's located away from Phuket town, so no nightlife, restaurants or bars on your doorstep
- Such high standards of comfort and care aren't cheap; and the resort's car service is pricey if you make lots of excursions
- The staff’s English can be variable, although the manager is providing English lessons
- Only some of the rooms can accommodate children under 12
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Beach Resort
- 113 bedrooms
- Restaurants and bars
- Kids welcome (some rooms over 12s only)
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Beach Nearby
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Car recommended
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Concierge Service
- Bicycles Available
All of the suites and villas are within steps of the beach and their doors and full-height windows slide open to allow sea breezes (and yourselves) to waft freely through. The contemporary design is generous in space, privacy and attention to detail - although mind the slippery floors.
Cheapest of the suites are the 8 Ocean-View Lofts, so-called because of their double-height ceilings. They have integrated living areas and direct access to a shared infinity pool (book these if you like swimming pool laps as the others have smaller pools). We loved the 4 Pool Suites, set right on the sea with private plunge pools and large beachfront verandas, while the 3 Pool Villas are the most spacious option for couples, with separate living areas and private pools.
Families can choose between a 1- or 2-Bedroom Pool Residence, with a private pool and full sea views or, for larger groups, the 3-Bedroom Beachfront Villas, with a third bedroom and direct beach access - individual Beachfront Suites are also available. If you fall in love with your villa (and have THB22 million to spare) you are welcome to buy it: Anchalika aims to sell half of them as luxury holiday homes. And if you're worried about tsunamis, rest assured that there is a 2-metre high sea-wall (which mercifully protected the site from 2004's tsunami).
For the best in beach living, the newer beachfront additions, Grand Villa Air, Grand Villa Noi and Grand Villa Natai, have superb views of the Andaman Sea and large private pools (though they don’t accept guests under 12 years). Each private house has 3-5 ensuite bedrooms, a spacious living area with high ceilings, a modern kitchen, a state-of-the-art home entertainment system and a personal butler service.
All rooms have ensuite bathrooms, bespoke toiletries with natural essential oils and 450-count bedlinen of soft Egyptian cotton, made especially for Aleenta. Bear in mind that the Beachfront Suites and Villas are not the most private, being glass-fronted and not screened from the beach, though you can, of course, lower the blinds.
For full details of which room accept under 12s, see our Kids page.
- In room treatments available
- Safe box
Aleenta specialises in Thai cuisine and fusion dishes created with the freshest ingredients from land and sea; the dinner menu features daily seasonal specials. There are two restaurants to choose from: The Edge restaurant, open for lunch and dinner, offers an à la carte menu of Thai and Western food, and features interactive cooking stations; or opt for a table at SEASONS for a contemporary Western-Thai tasting menu that is 100% plant-based, artfully curated from fresh, local produce and changes with (you guessed it) the seasons.
If you have any special requests, they are gladly accommodated. On certain nights, you can join a beach BBQ beneath the stars or test your palette matching Thai food with wines from the well-stocked cellar. Private dining in your villa is easily arranged; spa cooking for the health-conscious likewise.
A beautifully presented gourmet breakfast is served until a jetlag-friendly 10.30am in The Edge. Expect a pyramid of pastries, sculpted fruit, pancake wedges, cheeses and meat, with the option of Thai broths and noodles for those who like to go local (we did, and can recommend it). Service is unstintingly gracious.
Check out the beach bar, where the barmen mix up excellent cocktails and the beer is ice cold. There are also cooking classes which are an intimate and personalised experience.
The nearest other restaurants are about 60km away in Phuket town; the staff will happily advise you as to the best to choose from and book taxis for you.
- Coffee / tea making
- Room service
- Vegetarian options
- Try some of the health treatments in the spa. Massages use 100% natural oils, yoga and detox are expertly supervised, and you can greet the sunrise with Tai Chi on the beach. As well as individual treatments, there is a range of packages designed around the elements of moon, sun, sea and earth which combine facials, steam baths, wraps, scrubs and massages
- Swim in your private pool, or plunge into the large communal infinity pool which overlook the ocean
- There are cooking classes for couples, with a private tour guide or chef to take you round the local markets and then teach you how to concoct classic Thai dishes, followed by dinner on the rooftop, and a copy of your own recipe booklet
- Artists and writers should enquire about the regular retreats and workshops held at the resort
- If you can force yourself away, Phangna Bay offers spectacular limestone formations and mirror-like seas; the trip to "James Bond" island has to be done once, though be prepared for company
- Yachts and motor boats can be booked for island hopping, deep-sea fishing and diving expeditions; the breathtaking Similan Islands are an hour away by speed boat
- You're only a few miles from the Blue Canyon golf course
- The hotel rents out bicycles for a more leisurely exploration of the locale
- As part of its 'Guilt-Free Luxury Mission', Aleenta sponsors the Marine Turtle Foundation and organises visits to its breeding centres in nearby Haad Thaymung National Park. The programme has hatched an annual fundraising Gala dinner, plus a special ‘Pampered Turtle Lovers’ package in support of the endangered species
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Cooking classes
- Scuba diving
- Well being
Children of all ages are welcome and there's a (complimentary) gadget-free kids club open to all up to 10 years of age (Aleenta Phuket is the only boutique resort in Thailand with full service children's facilities). Those aged under 6 stay free, extra beds and cots are available on request. Children are welcomed with a goody bag full of colouring books, painting sets and a guide to the activities offered during their stay. There's even complimentary babysitting if you've booked a spa treatment, and there's a Children's Concierge to assist at all times from arranging surf lessons or trips to the local market.
Note that no children under 12 are permitted in the lofts, pool suites, pool villas and grand villas in the main complex.
Family friendly accommodation:
Families are welcome in the 1-Bedroom Pool Residence, the 2-Bedroom Pool Residence, the Beachfront Suites and the 3-Bedroom Beachfront Villa. The Pool Residences have the most space and their own private pool, some have gardens
Cots Available, Extra Beds Available, Family Rooms
Available by arrangement, as is a professional nanny service
Baby cots and high chairs are available on request
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
The Explorers Club provides activities centred around gadget-free learning and development for up to 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, for children 18 months - 10 years of age, and is supervised by certified school teachers and activity staff. Daily activities include chocolate-making, Muay Thai (kickboxing) classes, batik painting book camp, painting, games, scavenger hunts, yoga, watersports and educational classes at the turtle sanctuary - each class is about 45 minutes long. Age-appropriate Learn 'n' Discover packages are available too
Kids Activities on site:
- Kids pool
- Play area
- Children's spa menu, massage classes
- Cooking classes
Kids Activities nearby:
- Turtle and Marine Sanctuary in Phuket - kids can help release rare leatherback turtles into the sea through Aleenta's Pure Blue Foundation, which rescue young turtles to save them from fishing and predation, and then they are released into the ocean when developed enough to survive by themselves (8-10months of age)
Families Should Know:
The sea in front of Aleenta is very safe to swim in but note there is no lifeguard on duty; safety flags are displayed on the beach daily
- Airport: 20 minutes (Phuket)
- Hospital: 40 minutes
Aleenta Phang Nga is a short drive north of Phuket, about 12km north of Sarasin Bridge (that connects Phuket to the mainland) on west-facing Natai beach.
Phuket (18km away) is the closest airport. It's served by some direct international flights and international connections through Bangkok Suvarnabhumi - click on the links below for a list of airlines.
From the Airport
The resort is 20-30 minutes' drive from the airport and Aleenta can arrange a transfer service for you.
The location means you'll need to travel for sightseeing and restaurants. Aleenta can arrange a car service for an additional charge, or alternatively hire your own - see our car rental recommendations.
Detailed directions will be sent when you book through i-escape.
More on getting to Thailand and getting around
- Phuket International 18.0 km HKT
- Beach 0.2 km
- Shops 15.0 km
- Restaurant 15.0 km