Costa Adeje is the newest, most stylish and most peaceful of the resorts on Tenerife's southwest coast. This elevated hotel is part of the resort, its sleek 3 storeys spread across a hillside. It has it all: suites with 1-4 bedrooms and decked balconies, some of which have pools, Jacuzzis or sunken sandpits; 2 main pools; family-friendly eateries; manicures and massages; a sports centre, a playground and a free kids’ club. The design is minimalist and immaculate and staff are unfailingly helpful. A shopping centre and restaurants are a 15-minute stroll down the hill, as is the sandy sweep of Playa del Duque, its tamed waters a haven for families.
- Perfect for families: just a 20-minute drive from the airport and walking distance from a great family beach and watersports
- Suites are extremely spacious, and many have private plunge pools and/or Jacuzzis
- Staff are extremely attentive and everything runs like clockwork
- Breakfasts are delicious, with a smorgasbord of local and continental favourites and even sparkling wine on offer
- A free indoor Kids' Club, with creative activities like painting and pizza making, run by lovely staff
- From September 2023, Fuel Restobar and Sucás will be closed for renovations
- Due to the staggered layout of the resort, many suites lack privacy, and the plunge pools are often visible to other guests
- Much bigger than usual i-escape hotels: 125 suites in all, of which we've chosen to feature our favourite 20 or so
- Some suites are a trek from the facilities
- It's a short taxi ride (or 15-min uphill walk) back from the beach - but you're given free return taxi vouchers each day
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Apart-Hotel
- 125 suites for 2-9
- Restaurants open daily; self-catering; eateries nearby
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Heated Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Beach Nearby
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Car not necessary
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
Of the hotel's 125 suites, we've chosen to feature the nicest 20 or so. They range in price, amenities and size, running from 1-4 bedrooms. All are spacious, white and impeccably designed, with superbly equipped kitchens, clean-cut sofas, electronic sun shades and quiet air con. Huge glass doors lead from open-plan living areas to furnished decked terraces, many of which have pools or Jacuzzis – or both! Take your pick. Some also have sunken sandpits; heaven for toddlers. You pay more for a pool than a Jacuzzi but those with pools are divided by low see-through fences, so the pools themselves lack privacy.
Most suites face the ocean and get the morning sun, and also have super views over the mountains. Those at the rear look west towards the road, the sports centre, and the sunsets. Some are a hike from the kids’ club and the restaurants, reachable via several lifts and long concrete passages.
Divinity Suites have 1 bedroom, are spacious and light, available with or without Jacuzzis. Serenity Suites have 2 bedrooms, terraces (some have sandpits) and sea views, and some have a Jacuzzi and/or private pool. The 3-bedroom Infinity Suites have private pools; some have a dramatic rooftop setting and a Jacuzzi. 4-bedroom Euphoria is ideal for 2 families travelling together, with a private rooftop terrace, pool and Jacuzzi.
- Safe box
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
There are 4 restaurants/bars on site. Bite. Buffet Restaurant offers tasty all day snacks, plus hot food cooked to order at the scattered cooking stations, and also has lunch and dinner menus with plenty of options. Breakfast is served here, and includes sparkling wine and freshly squeezed fruit juices, just-baked breads and pastries, and cooked dishes. Many guests prefer the hamper-to-your-room option, meaning you can eat on your terrace in the morning sun. Order the night before from a range of boxes (think Happy, Tonic or Home Edition) for a fantastic spread of breads, cereals, smoked salmon, fruits, pastries, butter and jams, or bacon and eggs that you cook yourselves.
The BB Lounge Club is a poolfront bar serving snacks and light bites during the day, including croquettes, salads, pizza, fish of the day, burgers and more. There’s a kids' menu too. In the evening it becomes a lively restaurant and lounge for dinner and cocktails. Fuel RestoBar is a bar and restaurant in the Activate sports club, surrounded by sand (meaning kids can play while waiting for food). For more sophisticated gastronomy there’s formal Sucás restaurant on the lower ground floor. Book a babysitter and 'dine out'.
Suite kitchens are well-equipped for self-catering with fridge freezers, ovens, hobs, microwaves and Nespresso machines, plus dishwashers and a few complimentary drinks. You can shop at a Mercadona a 5-minute taxi ride away, or walk to a (basic) mini market. Alternatively, there are restaurants nearby: Mesón Castellano in Playa de las Americas comes highly recommended by the hotel, while Tasca La Vida was a firm favourite for us.
- Coffee / tea making
- Food blender
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Kids' meals
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- The walk to the palms and pale sands of Playa del Duque is 15 minutes downhill. You may wish to avoid the walk back up, especially in high heat, so take a taxi (each room gets a free return taxi voucher daily)
- Playa Fanabe, around the palm-strewn headland, is perfect for paddlers. No waves, no wind, just fine volcanic sands and Balinese beds and umbrellas. You can rent pedalos and jet skis, and pay for banana boat rides
- Head up to stunning Teide National Park, its highest point crowned by the island’s active volcano, El Teide. It takes an hour to get there, and the route is scenic, the walking magnificent
- Day trip to Tenerife's beautiful east coast to see Abades (a sleepy fishing village overlooked by an abandoned leper colony), the stunning Anaga mountains, and El Medano (the best natural beach on Tenerife)
- Baobab's 'Experience Centre' can arrange paragliding, wine tasting at local vineyards, night photography at the volcanic sites, and lava tube visits (Cueva del Viento was formed 27,000 years ago, and is the longest lava tube in Europe)
- Back home for me-time: a manicure, pedicure, facial and massage in Baobab Wellness; lazy laps in the pools
- Play beach volley and paddle tennis at Activate Sports Club, which has an open-air gym; enjoy Pilates, yoga and spinning classes or attend free fitness sessions
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Beach volleyball
- Boat trips
- Plantlife / flora
- Private guided tours
- Shopping / markets
- Wine tasting
Baobab is nirvana for families. There's a recreational area with a playground, a free kids' club (staffed for 3+ years old, under 3s need to be under parents' supervision), 2 pools and splash pools. You're in walking distance of beaches and there are family-friendly restaurants and cafes on-site. Staff are thoughtful and do all they can to please.
Babies (0-1 years), Toddlers (1-4 years), Children (4-12 years)
Family friendly accommodation:
Divinity and Serenity suites sleep 2-5; Infinity Suites sleep 6-7, while Euphoria sleeps up to 8. All bedrooms can be set up as twins, and baby cots, extra beds and highchairs are all available for free. Many of the attractive decked terraces come with a Jacuzzi or pool, or both. Some pools are raised above the ground, making them ideal for families with small children pottering around. Some decks have sunken sandpits that look like mini beaches.
Cots Available, Extra Beds Available, Family Rooms
Must be booked in advance (extra cost)
High chairs and baby cots
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids aged 3-12 will love the daily free Saplings Kids' Club. It’s an indoor space, light and bright with fun colours, play houses, scooters and structures, hammocks, play palms and every imaginable toy. From handicrafts and games to face painting, creativity’s on tap, and the staff who run it are well-organised and friendly. During school holidays additional activities are arranged such as talent contests, cooking classes, sports and role play. Children under 3 can play under the supervision of their parents. For an extra charge they do lunches and run evening sessions from 6-10pm, which include dinner and a film
Kids' menu in BB Lounge Club and at Fuel RestoBar, which is next to a sandy play area. All suites are well equipped for self catering and there are supermarkets nearby
Kids Activities on site:
- Kids' club
- Pools and splash pools
- Paddle tennis
- DVD players available to rent
Kids Activities nearby:
- Siam Water Park (the highest wave pool in the world and amazing rides. Thankfully, lifeguards abound)
- Pedalos and jet skis
- Banana boat rides
- 10-pin bowling
- Indoor mini golf
- Soft play
Families Should Know:
Some suites have decks which lead directly onto the main pools - dangerous if gates are left unlocked and little ones escape. So check when booking if your suite is toddler-proof, as some have unfenced holes in the sandpit and gaps in the fence
- Airport: 20 mins' drive (Reina Sofia)
- Various shops: 1km
- Hospital: 3km
Baobab Suites is on the Costa Adeje, on the south-west of Tenerife.
Tenerife South is 20 mins' drive away. Tenerife North is about an hour's drive.
From the Airport
Unless you're planning to do lots of day trips there's no need to hire a car; taxis are plentiful and cheap, or you can ask the hotel for a transfer. However if you do want to explore at your leisure, see our car rental recommendations. You can park for free at the property.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
- Reina Sofia 22.0 km TFS
- Los Rodeos 85.0 km TFN
- Beach 2.0 km
- Shops 1.0 km
- Restaurant 1.0 km