The tree’s up, the lights are twinkling and we’re wondering if we can get away with a lunchtime glass of mulled wine – it’s certainly beginning to feel like Christmas here at i-escape HQ. But we still have a lot of shopping to finish, so we’ve been scouring the web for gift ideas for our intrepid little travellers. We wanted to share the fruits of our search – and we’ve got some exclusive discounts to boot. There’ll be some happy little faces on Christmas morning if they find this lot under the tree…
1. The Cub sunhat, £24.99 from Little Hotdog Watson We can’t get enough of the name of this superb new brand: Little Hotdog Watson. And not only are their hats amazingly cool design-wise, they’re also tested to UPF50+ and have “buzz off” mosquito repellent in them to keep nasties away. On top of all that, the special Goldilocks fabric stops little heads from getting too hot. We’re sold. i-escape exclusive offer: Get 10% off when you use IESCAPEXMAS2016 until 21 December 2016.
2. STORY walk-in books, £25 from STORY Children can be the author of their own stories with these clever walk-in books. They have everything to inspire imagination, including simple story beginnings, a map of an imaginary world and a character mask. And everything is tucked away in a little tote bag, making it easy to take on trips away. i-escape exclusive offer: A 10% discount when you enter i-escapewithSTORY at the checkout.
3. Mini Elwood kids’ backpack, £35 from Tiba + Marl We have long coveted Tiba + Marl’s collection of contemporary changing bags, and we love the cool designs of their mini backpacks for kids. They make super-stylish places to stow knick-knacks on long journeys – and, handily, they’re wipe-clean inside and out.
4. My First Camera, £12 from JoJo Maman Bébé This might just be the distraction we need to keep little hands away from our DSLR. They’ll be happy clicking away while we get some adorable snaps of our mini photographer in action.
5. Map of the world magnet set, £12 from JoJo Maman Bébé This is ideal for teaching our little explorers about different countries. It’ll help them learn about landmarks and animals by popping the magnets in the right place on the map – and help us all plan where to go next!
6. Personalised kids’ travel journal, £12 from onneke We love the classy unisex design of this personalised travel journal. It has lined and blank pages so it’s ideal for drawing, noting and sticking titbits from journeys near and far. And every child will adore having their name on the front. i-escape offer: Enter KIDSDIARY2016 for 25% off until 19th December 2016.
7. Storytime Magazine, £37.99 for 12 issues This lovely magazine is packed with fairy tales, myths, poems and activities to keep little travellers occupied on long journeys. We love the fact that each issue comes in its own envelope, so they have the excitement of their own post to open. i-escape exclusive offer: Use code IESCAPE to get 3 issues for £3, then £33.99 for every further 12 issues paid by Direct Debit.
8. YumBox, £24.95 These lunchboxes are perfect for food on the go, whether on a plane or train or in the car. The little compartments are labelled with the food groups so you know your little one is getting all the nutrients they need. And they’re leakproof, so no worries about soggy backpacks! i-escape exclusive offer: Enter iescape20 at the checkout for a 20% discount until the end of February 2017.
9. Stylish swimwear (UPF 50+), from £38 from Sunuva Sunuva’s swimwear ticks all our boxes: it’s stylish, high quality and SPF 50+ so we know our little ones are being protected from harmful rays. Their fun styles are perfect for trips to far-flung destinations or for brightening things up closer to home. i-escape exclusive offer: 10% off full price products with code iescape2016 until 31 December 2016 (can’t be used with any other codes).
10. Super-soft pyjamas, £28 by Sleepy Doe We love the timeless sleepwear from this new Bath-based brand. Made in the UK, it’s super-soft and designed to stay snug all night. Anything that keeps wriggly children asleep until morning is good by us! i-escape exclusive offer: Get free delivery with the code SleepyEscape (valid until 25th December).
And last but not least, why not treat the whole family to a stay at one of the family-friendly boutique hotels and apartments in our hand-picked Kids Collection? It’s full of gems that warmly welcome little explorers while offering the wow factor for parents.