A collection of chic, countryside villas sleeping 2-6, with idyllic views, farm-to-table dining and a dreamy infinity pool”
A huge perk is the included breakfast at the onsite restaurant. It’s all about ‘farm to table’ dining here, thanks to the thriving market garden and top notch local suppliers. Expect (reportedly delicious) cicchetti style dishes (small plates), homemade stews and fresh pasta takeaways; or get involved with the twice-weekly supper clubs. When not devouring local fare, hire a bike, practice your backhand on the tennis court or simply while away the day by the heated, saltwater infinity pool. What's more, you’re perfectly positioned between Arezzo and Siena, so there’s plenty of exploring potential nearby. Utter bliss.
- These are some of the most stylish villas we've found in Tuscany: we think their ‘rustic contemporary’ look is gorgeous
- The hosts are super-helpful, and know the area inside out
- With breakfast and daily maid service included, you get the perks of a hotel in a villa setting. Perfect!
- This is an excellent spot from which to explore southern Tuscany: Cortona, Arezzo and Montepulciano are all 30 mins away
- And lots do on-site – from tennis to cookery to swimming in the divine heated infinity pool, which glimmers from within a herb scented olive grove
- You’ll need a car to get around
- Children of all ages are welcome, but those who require kids clubs and entertainment should look elsewhere
- Minimum stay of 5 nights in summer (but arrival days are flexible)
- This level of luxury and service doesn't come cheap
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Villas
- 12 villas for 2-6
- All ages welcome
- Closed: 24 Jan 2022 - 19 Mar 2022...
- Heated Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Concierge Service
- Tennis Court
- Laundry Service
- Linen change every 3 days
- Available for exclusive use
- Safety box
All villas are split-level, standalone affairs. Choose from a 1-, 2- or 3-bedroom dwelling - sizes which are notoriously hard to find in Tuscany! Each one is individually, beautifully styled using natural materials and cool, earthy tones. A great deal of care has gone into making each villa feel like a home. Think chic light fittings, reupholstered vintage furniture and on-trend patterned kitchen tiles. Big puicture windows draw the idyllic views inside. All bedrooms have their own luxurious bathroom, with deep tubs and/or power shower, plus aromatic Ortigia products. And all villas have a herb-scented outdoor terrace or garden, offering stunning views of the rolling countryside.
The 2 and 3 bedroom options are great for families or groups (one bedroom can be twinned, and cots are available). The 1 bedroom villas are better suited to couples, although an extra bed or cot can also be included.
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Microwave (on request)
- Washing machine
Foodies rejoice! Rumour has it that the onsite restaurant, Emporio di Ines, is something special. It is here that your daily continental breakfast is prepared, using fresh produce sourced from Borgo 69’s very own thriving market garden. There’s also a deli that sells other edible delights from local suppliers. At lunch, deli salads and specials are on offer. For takeaway dinner, think hearty stews, pasta and delicious antipasti boards. Or join in with the twice-weekly supper club where you can sample new dishes in cicchetti (small plate) style, such as crostone with stracchino cheese and salsiccia, suppli (deep-fried tomato and rice balls filled with mozzarella), or vegetarian pasta. Do order the signature drink: a delicious Negroni.
Back at the villas, the brand new, open-plan kitchens are fully stocked with everything you need to create a home cooked feast, from local olive oil to top-spec dishwashers, electric ovens to double fridges with ice machines and wine coolers, fast induction hobs to coffee machines.
Heading out? The owners are more than happy to share their insider knowledge of the local dining scene. In foodie Cortona (25 mins), we hear La Loggetta is a must, while Montepulciano and Arezzo (both 30 mins) buzz with wine bars, cafés and tempting restaurants. Nearer to home, La Cucina Della Lodola (5 mins) offers a small but excellent menu of organic dishes and sulphite-free wines.
- Chef on request
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Organic produce
- Room service
- Vegetarian menu
- Choose from a host of activities - cycling, falconry, hot air ballooning, truffle hunting and more - just ask the staff and they’ll happily make the arrangements
- There are wineries galore nearby: perhaps start with a tour of neighbouring Fattoria Santa Vittoria, and end with glass of Vin Santo at Avignonesi (25 mins' drive)
- Explore pretty local villages: hilltop Montepulciano and Pienza for their rich histories, medieval Cortona and Lucignano for impressive architecture and dining scenes, or Chianciano for mineral-rich thermal baths
- Is a trip to Tuscany complete without seeing Florence or Siena? Both can be reached within the hour
- Water sports enthusiasts will love Italy’s fourth largest lake, Lago Trasimeno (35 mins)
- Stock up on new designer threads at Val Di Chiana Outlet Village (10 mins)
- Or stay home with a chilled Aperol Spritz by the infinity pool; join a yoga class in the wellness space; catch a film in the cinema or take part in a cookery class. Staying in is very tempting here
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Cooking classes
- Historical sites
- Hot air ballooning
- Private guided tours
- Shopping / markets
- Truffle hunting
- Well being
- Wine tasting
Borgo 69 welcomes children of all ages. Cots and extra beds are available, as are useful additions for little ones such as high chairs. There are no kids clubs here, but babysitters and nannies are on hand if you need them. And the heated infinity pool, tennis court and gardens are lovely to spend time in, whatever your age.
Babies (0-1 years), Toddlers (1-4 years), Children (4-12 years)
Family friendly accommodation:
The two 3-bedroom villas and four 2-bedroom villas are great options for families. One bedroom in each can be set up with twin beds on request.
- Baby cot
- High chair
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids Activities on site:
- Heated swimming pool
- Tennis court
Kids Activities nearby:
- Lake Trasimeno for watersports
Families Should Know:
Parents of toddlers be aware that there are currently no stair gates
- Airport: 2 hours (Pisa); 2h15m (Rome)
- Hospital: 10 minutes
- Shops: 2 minutes
Borgo 69 is set in Val di Chiana in southern Tuscany, between Arezzo, Siena and Montepulciano. The main A1 (E35) motorway is 15 mins' drive away, meaning both Rome and Pisa are about 2 hours away.
Perugia and Florence (both 100km) are your closest airports; but for a wider range of flights, try Pisa (165km) or Rome (200km).
There's a station at Foiano (10 mins' drive), with connections from Arezzo (30 mins) & Florence (2.5-3 hours), as well as Rome (3-4 hours). If coming by train from UK, it's a full day via Paris to Milan or Turin, then a half day to Foiano - see Seat 61.
A car is essential (and really fun to drive) in these parts. See our car rental recommendations.
Detailed directions will be sent when you book through i-escape.
- Pisa 165.0 km PSA
- Roma 230.0 km FCO
- Beach 160.0 km
- Shops 0.8 km
- Restaurant 3.0 km