Four boho apartments for 2-6 with a shared infinity pool overlooking the glorious rolling landscape of Le Marche”
Owners Sabine and Konrad welcome all ages. This is a warm, rustic, artistic retreat, ideal for a romantic getaway or a gathering of family and friends. A party of 12 plus kids would fill the place nicely. There’s a small shop of homemade products, and each rustic-chic apartment has a dining terrace with barbecue. Borrow the ebikes and have a coffee in the village; you’ll be there in a trice. Or stroll there for simple dinners at one of the friendly restaurants. Further afield is Urbino, best known for its 15th-century Ducal Palace, a cliff-hung World Heritage site heaped with treasures. Head for the Sibillini Mountains, too, criss-crossed with ancient paths.
- The beautiful, tranquil setting… you could bask by the pool all day
- But it’s a great base from which to discover medieval hilltop villages and gorgeous Adriatic beaches
- Just 4 apartments spread over 2 traditional houses: contemporary yet they exude character and charm
- The flexibility of self catering or walking/cycling to local restaurants
- Owners Konrad and Sabine create a warm, welcoming feel
- The pool and garden are shared
- Summer months are popular with families; honeymooners may find more seclusion off season
- A 3-night minimum stay
- You'll want a car to explore, though airport transfers are free if you're happy to just potter locally by ebike
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Retreat
- 4 apartments sleeping 2-6
- Self catering. Walk to restaurants
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Bicycles Available
- Laundry Service
The traditional houses each hold 2 apartments. Wooden beams are chunky, floors terracotta, stairs open-tread, and bathrooms lined with travertine. There are many characterful rustic touches, including mellow stone walls in the smaller house.
Highlights are wood-burners for open-plan living rooms, kingsize beds, handmade soaps for rain showers, and home-pressed olive oil. Each apartment also has a dining loggia with a barbecue and a stunning view of the hills.
Apartments Cipresso and Noce each sleep 6. There's a double bedroom, plus a mezzanine area in the open-plan living area with an additional double bed and double sofabed. The bathroom is downstairs.
Apartments Olivo and Olmo each have one bedroom, plus 2 single sofabeds (one upstairs, one downstairs). The bathroom is upstairs.
- Central heating
- Mosquito net
- Pool and beach towels
- Satellite TV
Kitchens have all the kit, from coffee makers to barbecues. There's a small shop on-site or grocery stores in the village (2km). Serra de' Conti is also home to a couple of friendly little places for pizza: Coquus Fornacis and L'Infinito, which serves seafood, too. Head to Osteria 101 for pastries, ice creams and aperitifs.
There are very good seafood restaurants in Senigallia, including Pagaia (try the swordfish) and the hip new Tajamare Osteria di Mare, where you can watch fresh pasta being rolled out and crafted.
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Restaurants nearby
- Enjoy a massage in your apartment or yoga class by the pool (both are bookable)
- Fall in love with the small hilltop city of Urbino: steep cobbled streets, antique markets and a café culture… not forgetting the superb Palazzo Ducale
- Find great beaches and seafood on Le Marche’s Riviera, starting with Pesaro, 60km. Its Levante beach is ideal for young children
- Senigallia is a relaxed beach town, lapped by the turquoise Adriatic sea. Watch sunset from the 'Rotonda a Mare' and don't miss Gelateria Brunelli, which won an award for 'the best chocolate ice cream in Italy'
- Don protective clothing and explore the spectacular caves of Frasassi in the Parco della Gola della Rossa, 25km
- Visit the old heart of Ancona and puff your way up to its number one glory, the cathedral of San Ciriaco
- South of Ancona is the craggy Monte Conero peninsula, great for hikers. Take a ferry to the white sands of Due Sorelle (from Numana)
Activities on site or nearby include:
Families are warmly welcome. 0-6 year olds stay for free but if you're travelling with a baby you need to bring your own travel cot and bedding. Each apartment has a fully equipped kitchen and BBQ; the village of Serra de' Conti is 2km away with family-friendly restaurants and pizzerias.
Family friendly accommodation:
Cipresso and Noce sleep up to 6; Olivo and Olmo sleep up to 4. Extra beds are sofabeds/double beds in the lounge or on a mezzanine level in the open-plan living area
Kids Activities on site:
Shared saltwater infinity pool
Families Should Know:
The pool is unheated and unfenced
- Airport: 39km (Marche; also known as Ancona)
- Shops and restaurants: 2km
- Hospital: 23km
For more family-friendly places, see our Kids Collection
Borgo Farneto is surrounded by rolling farmland, 2km outside the small village of Serra de' Conti and 4km from Montecarotto in Le Marche, central Italy.
Fly into Marche airport (Ancona). The airports at Forli (160km) and Bologna (225km) are also an option.
From the Airport
Sabine can collect you from Marche (Ancona) airport for free but you'll probably want to hire a car so you can explore the local area.
The nearest train stations are Senigallia (40 mins' drive) and Jesi (30 mins' drive). From here you can taxi to Borgo Farneto.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.
- Marche (Ancona ) 39.0 km AOI
- Beach 33.0 km
- Shops 2.0 km
- Restaurant 2.0 km