A boho-chic retreat set on a hillside of olive groves, with laid-back vibes, trendy interiors and dreamy views of Lindos, the sea and the Acropolis”
Boho vibes resonate at Casita Casita, and the atmosphere is super laid-back (no young children allowed). The owners created the retreat with friends in mind, wanting it to feel like a welcoming home for all those that visit, so staff take care to get to know you. It has just seven (very stylish) suites, some with sea views, some with terraces, all with earthy tones and a sprinkling of ethnic furnishings. Rise early for spectacular sunrises over the sea and Greek breakfasts served beneath the old olive trees. Then head off to explore ancient Lindos and its gorgeous beach (both a five-minute walk from here), or just loll about by the pool and drink in that timeless view. We've always loved Lindos, unquestionably the loveliest village on Rhodes, and this seems the perfect reason to revisit.
- Superb location on the edge of medieval Lindos - away from the bustle but easily walkable to the old town and beach (5 mins)
- Beautifully styled suites with ethnic-chic interiors and sea or garden views
- We hear staff are extremely welcoming and go out of their way to make you feel at home
- A very relaxed vibe: hammocks in trees, pool with sun loungers, a chillout bar, wild surroundings, adults only
- The Mediterranean breakfasts (Greek yoghurt, honey, fresh pastries), served in leafy surroundings, sound heavenly
- During the summer season (July-mid Sept), noise from the nearby club might drift over at weekends
- No dinner service, but restaurants are a short walk away
- No twin rooms
- The pool is more of a dipping pool than one for swimming in – but the Med is only 5 minutes away
- Lindos can get very busy in high season, but you’re away from the centre of town here, and most visitors are day trippers who leave before sunset
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- 7 rooms
- Breakfast included (restaurants nearby)
- Over 14s only
- Closed: Dec-March/April
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
The seven suites are all slightly different in layout and design. Materials like linen, wood and exposed concrete create a cool and breezy look. Character comes from eclectic furnishings, sourced locally and from around the world – perhaps a woven rug from Turkey, an antique ceramic, or a handcrafted side table made by a Greek artisan. Beds are all kingsize and come with handmade toppers. You also get ensuite shower rooms, TVs, minibars and Nespresso machines.
Deluxe and King suites are the most affordable options. The beds are slightly raised, separated from living areas by soft, linen drapes. If you want views of the Med, opt for a King suite with sea view. The split-level suites have beds on mezzanines and light-filled living areas below. And if you want outdoor space, choose a suite with a private terrace, which are furnished with outdoor cushions, rugs and wicker coffee tables.
- Air conditioning
- Beach towels
- Coffee / tea making
- Mosquito net
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
Breakfasts at Casita Casita sound like a real treat. They are prepared in an open kitchen and are served under the shade of an olive tree. You get traditional Greek products like feta, tomatoes, yoghurt, local honey and nuts, plus eggs cooked to order.
No other meals are served here, but they do offer a poolside brunch menu, plus there’s a bar for sundowner cocktails.
Once the sun sets, stroll into Lindos for grilled fish or lamb at a restaurant or beachside taverna. Try old-fashioned Mavrikos for local seafood prepared with a creative twist, or Tambakio in St Paul's Bay, where you can dine with your feet in the sand. If you don't want to stroll too far, Oasis restaurant is nearby and comes highly rated by the hotel.
- Coffee / tea making
- Dinner by arrangement
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- Vegetarian menu
- Explore the cobbled alleyways, shops and ancient architecture of Lindos town (5 mins' walk). Have drinks in the village square, and don't miss the ornate frescoes in the 14th-century Church of Panagia
- Walk up to the Acropolis and look back at the spectacular panoramic views
- Head to the town beach (5 mins' walk), which is sandy and shallow. Take a boat out for the day, or go diving, kayaking, snorkelling, waterskiing and fishing in Lindos Bay
- Back at the hotel, relax with a massage or join a yoga session (ask staff to arrange this for you)
- Visit Rhodes old town, a stunningly preserved Crusader fortress (50 mins' drive), with cobbled alleys and magnificent medieval architecture
- The island of Halki makes for a lovely day trip (1 hour by boat from Kamiros Skala). Here you'll find beautifully clear waters, a lovely village and an end-of-the-world atmosphere
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Museums / galleries
- Shopping / markets
- Well being
Casita Casita only welcomes children over the age of 14. Most rooms have sofabeds for one extra guest, but the vibe is very relaxed and better suited to couples.
Family friendly accommodation:
Extra Beds Available
Casita Casita is set on the edge of the idyllic car-free village of Lindos, 50km south of Rhodes town on the Dodecanese island of Rhodes.
Fly into Rhodes (50km). From here, you can to hire a car (there is no parking at the hotel but there is free parking nearby). Alternatively, ask the hotel to arrange a transfer, or jump in a taxi.
Rhodes Town (50km) has ferry connections from Piraeus (Athens), most other Dodecanese islands, and (in summer) Marmaris and Fethiye in Turkey.
Detailed directions will be sent when you book through i-escape.
- Rhodes (Diagoras) 50.0 km RHO
- Beach 0.3 km
- Shops 0.7 km
- Restaurant 0.2 km