“Whitewashed suites perched above Lindos with exceptional views of the Acropolis from their rooftop terrace bar”
Days start and end on that rooftop - breakfast is taken here, and at dusk, smart sundowners are served up by smiley bar staff. Later, there's a private stone staircase down to the pretty village of Lindos, which is filled with lively restaurants for dinner.
We can picture the carefree holiday pattern that families and couples will fall into at this retreat. A morning clamber up the Acropolis rock. An afternoon swim in the turquoise jewel of St Paul's Bay. An evening stroll around the village square. And a restorative return to chilled tranquility.
- The Skybar roof terrace, where you'll have a complimentary welcome cocktail coupled with that spectacular view
- Good value - other Lindos hotels are a fair bit pricier, especially in high season
- Super-comfy beds with CoCo-Mat mattresses
- Delicious Mediterranean breakfasts and light meals on request
- Glorious beaches nearby; you're 10 mins' walk from St Paul's Bay and the pretty Lindos Harbour beaches
- No pool but guests can swim at Lindos View Hotel's pool across the road
- Be aware there are lots of stairs and the rocky walk down to town/beach is steep
- No formal restaurant: only breakfast and light meals are served at the Skybar, but there are plenty of friendly tavernas a stroll away
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- 21 bedrooms
- Breakfast on request (restaurants nearby)
- 6+ year olds welcome
- Closed: November to April
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Laundry Service
A fresh, minimalist style defines the suites. Decorated in tints of dove grey, with white beamed ceilings, slate floors and pine-topped shelves, the rooms have a cool, serene feel. Whimsical wall drawings and patchwork desk chairs add a colourful touch.
Economy and Standard doubles are the cheapest rooms. Chic but fairly small (13-16 m2), they lead off a shared walkway with potted fig trees; each has a table and 2 chairs outside the door. Superior Doubles are more spacious - some have bright yellow chairs on a deck; others have wrought-iron balconies with views across rooftops to the Acropolis.
Families will like the split-level Maisonettes, which have a sofabed on the ground floor and a double on the mezzanine; a couple also have terraces. But the largest terrace belongs to the Honeymoon Suite on the top floor - the clear view to the Acropolis from its loungers is terrific.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee / tea making
- Safe box
On-request breakfasts are Greek continental - spinach pie, Greek yogurt and fresh fruit, eggs and cheeses, traditional cakes, fresh OJ, tea or Nespresso. The real star is the fabulous view to the Acropolis rock from the roof terrace - even if you don't have breakfast here it's worth having a morning cuppa just for the vista.
Skybar then opens all day, serving drinks and delicious-sounding Mediterranean salads and platters (mixed green sprouts, roasted pine nuts and balsamic fig cream; Greek cheeses with sundried tomatoes, figs and melon). And sipping a cocktail while drinking in the spectacular sunset over the Acropolis is a must - this is one of the best views in Lindos.
Once the sun sets, stroll into town for grilled fish or lamb at a local restaurant or beachside taverna - staff always have good recommendations. They can book cabs if you'd prefer not to walk down in the dark.
- Coffee / tea making
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- Visit the Acropolis - beat the heat by climbing up to this ancient citadel early in the morning - the view across the coast is magnificent
- Car-free Lindos village is a 5-minute walk down rock steps and is an enchanting warren of cobbled alleyways; don't miss the ornate frescoes in the 14th-century Church of Panagia
- St Paul's Bay is the closest beach to Comfy Suites (10 mins' walk); it's beautifully sheltered with turquoise waters and a lovely chapel; beds/parasols can be hired
- Less crowded are Main Beach and Pallas Beach on Lindos Harbour: sandy Main Beach is good for families as the water is shallow; Pallas Beach is fringed with bars so no shortage of cold beers for adults!
- Rhodes Old Town - the oldest inhabited medieval walled town in Europe - is an hour's drive/taxi ride. It's hugely impressive, with the Palace and the Street of the Knights must-sees
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Historical sites
- Museums / galleries
- Shopping / markets
- Traditional cultures
6+ year olds are welcome though there are no kids' facilities on site.
Children (4-12 years)
Family friendly accommodation:
There are 3 categories of Family Maisonette; all have a sofabed and living area downstairs and a double bed on a mezzanine level.
Kids Activities nearby:
Main Beach is sandy, with shallow water. The Acropolis is a must-see, with fascinating history
Families Should Know:
There's no swimming pool (though guests can use the pool of the hotel opposite), and the steps that lead down to Lindos and the beaches are steep and rocky
Set on the edge of the idyllic car-free village of Lindos, 45km south of Rhodes town on the Dodecanese island of Rhodes.
Fly into Rhodes (45km). From here, you can to hire a car (the hotel has parking a 10-minute walk away). Alternatively, ask the hotel to arrange a transfer or jump in a taxi.
Detailed directions will be sent when you book through i-escape.com.
- Rhodes (Diagoras) 45.0 km RHO
- Beach 0.2 km
- Shops 0.1 km
- Restaurant 0.1 km