The larger of the pair, Pebble Villa (sleeps 12-16) is a voluminous six-bedroom villa with two living areas, two kitchens, huge sea-facing windows and sharp lines throughout. Its vast outdoor space houses a plush alfresco dining-living area and a 50sqm infinity pool – perfect for families. Smaller but no less spacious, the adjoining Sand Villa (sleeps 2-5) is another contemporary marvel, with two ensuite bedrooms, a large open-plan living area, and yet another vast outdoor space with an infinity pool. Wonderfully, both villas receive all-day sunshine.
Korfalonas beach may not be Crete’s prettiest, but it’s one of the best hidden in Kissamos, and a beachcomber's paradise. Famous Balos Lagoon and charming Chania town are just a drive away. While certainly expensive, this is a magical find for Crete – a secluded beachfront setting with masses of luxury, first-class service and hardly a soul to break the spell.
- Both villas have vast outdoor living spaces and a glorious infinity pool overlooking the beach; you can book both together if you're a larger group
- Stylish, minimal interiors with sleek kitchens, large living areas, and super-comfy beds
- It's a beachcomber’s paradise. While the beach is both sandy and pebbly, it has fascinating flotsam (and is mostly deserted)
- Owner Vassilis and his team are wonderful hosts. They welcome you with big smiles and nothing is too much effort
- The best of both worlds, location-wise. You have a wild beach on your doorstep, yet are minutes from pretty Kissamos town
- You can only book both villas together in July and August, and a 7-night minimum stay at all times with a Saturday changeover day
- The beach can get windy at times
- The pools aren't heated but they can be (for an additional daily charge applicable for the whole stay which must be booked and paid for in advance), and only one pool can be heated at a time. Anyhow, both pools catch plenty of sunshine
- Expensive by Greek standards
- There's only one restaurant within walking distance, but it's very affordable and right on the beach!
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Villas
- 1 villa for 2-5, 1 villa for 10-16
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Beach Nearby
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Concierge Service
The smaller villa, Sand has two ensuite double bedrooms, a large open-plan living space (with expansive windows) adjoining a fully-equipped kitchen, and an enormous outdoor space with a beachfront panorama. It has an alfresco dining-living area, BBQ pit, shaded seating areas and a lovely infinity pool that receives all-day sunshine. A short pathway leads you to the beach. The villa has discreet LED-lit steps and plenty of mood lighting options for evenings. For larger gatherings, Sand Villa can be interconnected with the neighbouring villa.
Sleeping up to 15 guests, the humungous Pebble Villa has five double bedrooms (three are ensuite, the two on the lower ground floor share a bathroom) and one ensuite twin, two open-plan living areas, two kitchen areas, and an expansive outdoor living space housing a glorious 50sqm infinity pool. Again, it has splendid uninterrupted beach views. Like Sand Villa, the interiors are stylish and minimal, with a Med-inspired colour palette and sharp clean lines. The area to the right of Pebble Villa is rich in wildlife; expect to see sandpipers, herons and even falcons hovering close to the beach.
Larger family parties or groups of friends of up to 19 can book the both for an unforgettable stay!
- Safe box
- Washing machine
Each villa has a swish modern kitchen with an oven, an electric hob, a fridge-freezer, a microwave, a kettle, a toaster and a dishwasher. Dine around the breakfast bar, or head to the shaded outdoor table, flanked by cushioned seats; there’s also a barbecue. You’ll find a bottle of local wine waiting for you on arrival, along with basics like olive oil, tea, biscuits, herbs and capsules for the Nespresso machine. For an additional cost, you can pre-order a hamper full of organic local produce.
Shops in nearby Kissamos include bakeries, a butcher, a fishmonger and a large supermarket. There’s a strip of bars and tavernas along the sleepy seafront, plus a few cafés in the centre. You’re a short drive from some of the best restaurants on the island, too – Gramvousa (traditional Cretan) and Mama’s Dinner (modern Greek) are found in the small village of Kaliviani, along the road to Balos beach. Try both!
If you’re celebrating something special, you can ask the concierge to arrange a private chef to come to your villa, or hire out a sea-view event space at the heart of the complex.
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Food blender
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Restaurants nearby
- Head to the rolling waves and broad, white expanse of Falasarna beach, just 30mins' drive away
- Take a cruise from Kissamos to Gramvousa island and the wildly beautiful Balos Lagoon - or alternatively make the half-hour drive along a track and trek down steep steps to reach Balos beach
- Ask the concierge to arrange scuba-diving or snorkelling trips
- Hike the legendary Samaria Gorge (May-October) in the White Mountains
- Spend a day in the region’s Venetian capital, Chania (45 minutes away), meandering along cobbled streets lined with boutiques
- Experience the magical pink sand and turquoise water of famed Elafonissi beach (1 hour and 15 minutes by car). Be warned: it gets very busy in high summer
- Explore the crumbling Venetian fortifications, Roman aqueducts and Byzantine chapels of hilltop Polyrinia, just 15 mins' drive inland and completely crowd-free
- If you're feeling energetic (and have a willing driver), hike from here up the Sirikari gorge to tiny Milia, lost in the folds of the White Mts
Children are very welcome here and will enjoy having a pool and a beach right on their doorstep. The villas have plenty of space, along with shaded outdoor areas, though the remote location may not appeal to teenagers.
The kitchens are fully equipped for family meals, and you can order groceries in advance. There are family-friendly tavernas and a large supermarket in Kissamos, a short drive away.
Families Should Know:
Parents of young children should be aware that the pools are unfenced. The pools can be heated, although this involves a hefty additional charge daily.
- Airport: 45 minutes (Chania) or 3 hours (Heraklion)
- Shops: 5 minutes (larger shops in Kissamos, 15 minutes away)
- Hospital: 30 minutes (Chania)
The villas are set on Korfalonas beach, a short drive from the town of Kissamos on Crete’s northwest coast.
Chania (44km away) is the closest airport. It has daily flights from Athens, and charter flights from most European capitals in the summer. Heraklion airport is 182km to the east.
From the Airport
Transfers from either airport can be arranged, though you really need a car to explore the area - see our car rental recommendations. All villas have parking spaces for two vehicles.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.
- Chania 44.0 km CHQ
- Heraklion 180.0 km HER
- Beach 0.0 km
- Shops 1.0 km
- Restaurant 0.1 km