Set on a hill above Agia Galini in southern Crete, this adult-only haven has 4 chic studios for two with a shared sea-facing pool; or book the whole place for up to 12”
Galini Breeze is just for grown-ups: those who like escaping the crowds, relaxing by the pool, taking boat trips to offshore islands or hiking through gorges to spectacular beaches. Supper is a stroll down to quaint Agia Galini and its abundant restaurants; nights end with stargazing and sipping homemade raki - your gift for booking through i-escape. Divine.
Information provided by Galini Breeze on 21/08/2021.
Cleaning and hygiene
We obtained the Health First Certificate and implemented a hygiene protocol to guarantee a carefree stay.
We accept cancellations (at no cost) until 3 days before arrival.
Checkout is 11am; check-in from 15pm.
- Marc and Monique are hands-on, heartfelt owners with an obvious love for Crete
- It's great value, and the views are astounding
- Everything is within walking distance: the beach, bars, restaurants and shops, yet the location is wonderfully peaceful
- Each studio has 2 private terrace spaces; the patio is perfect for breakfast, while the roof terrace is ideal for a pre- or post-dinner drink
- A thoughtful assortment of breakfast items is provided for your first morning, so there's no need to rush to the shops
- You can't rent individual studios in July-August; you have to book all four studios or the entire property, sleeping up to 12
- The walk back from Agia Galini is mostly uphill and could be a struggle for some - though you could easily walk down and taxi back
- No restaurant on site and the kitchenettes are basic
- Though the pool is heated, it's not particularly warm
- Crete's south coast is further from the airports (1.5-2 hrs' drive), but wilder and more spectacular than the north
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Resort
- 4 studios for 2; 1 villa for 4-6
- Self-catering; restaurants a walk away
- Adults only (unless booking whole property)
- Closed: 1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023
- Heated Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Laundry Service
- English-speaking caretaker
The 4 romantic studios are styled after their surroundings: sea, trees, hills and sky. Each has a living area, a double bed, a well-equipped kitchenette, and 2 outdoor sitting areas: a roof terrace with amazing views and a pergola-covered patio. The furniture was specially imported from Holland because Marc and Monique wanted top-quality products, which they struggled to find on Crete. Bathrooms are modern with polished concrete; all have large walk-in showers and separate toilets. Everything feels very high-end.
The blue room, Coast, has the smallest patio and is closest to the communal pool. Further up is the green room, Forest, and beside it, with the largest patio, is slate-coloured Mountain. We stayed in whitewashed Sky, which is the furthest studio up the hill and felt the most private of the 4.
You can book the whole property in summer two ways. Either by booking exclusive use of all 4 studios, or you can include the separate villa with 2 double bedrooms, lounge, indoor & outdoor kitchen and a small pool, which is located above the studio quartet. This is an ideal set up for group holidays or big family parties of up to 12 people; children over 12 are permitted.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Mosquito net
- Pool and beach towels
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
In the morning, guests can rustle up breakfast in their kitchenettes - a welcome pack of fresh fruit, juice, eggs and bread is provided for your first day. There's a hob (but no oven), fridge, sink, kettle and toaster if you fancy cooking simple meals.
If booking the whole property, the villa has a full kitchen in addition to its kitchenette, with an oven and microwave, plus a BBQ on the terrace, but no breakfast items are provided when booking out the whole property.
For lunch or snack provisions, there are supermarkets in the nearby village of Agia Galini, 10 minutes' walk away. The on-site bar is staffed for morning coffee or evening beers; outside these times there is an honesty bar by the pool to keep you refreshed.
The village has plenty of cheerful tavernas, where barbecued lamb and grilled fish are the specialities. Marc and Monique have lots of great recommendations; we recommend the souvlaki at friendly Taverna Kosmas.
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Restaurants nearby
- Welcome hamper
- Unwind and rejuvenate. Swim in the heated pool, snooze on a sunlounger, read on your shaded terrace in the heat of the day and sunbathe on your roof terrace
- Wander around the traffic-free streets of Agia Galini, a charming cliff-climbing village perched over a pretty harbour with a sandy beach
- Board a boat cruise to the Paximadia Islands - snorkel in the crystal-clear waters and picnic on barbecued fish by the beach caves
- Visit the fascinating ruins of Phaistos, an ancient Minoan city and palace complex that dates from the Bronze Age
- Hike through the beautiful Patsos Gorge: the 2-hour walk through plane trees and spring water ends at the cavern church of St Anthony's
- There are gorgeous beaches 20-40 minutes' drive away: Agia Georgios: a hidden gem with a great café for Greek Salads; Triopetra, with its dramatic rocks; the sheltered bay of Agios Pavlos; and the old hippy hangout of Preveli, where naturists are welcome. Mark and Monique have parasols, wind breaks and snorkelling gear to borrow
- Hire a bike and cycle around the rugged countryside - trips can be arranged to a neighbouring goat or olive oil farm
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Shopping / markets
The four studios at Galini Breeze are adults only (21+), but over 12s are permitted if you're booking out the entire property of four studios plus the two-bed villa.
Galini Breeze is just outside the small fishing town and resort of Agia Galini on Crete's south coast.
Fly to Heraklion (1 hour away) or Chania (2 hours).
From the Airport (or Port):
Galini Breeze can arrange transfers, or there are regular buses, but you'll probably want to hire a car. Each studio has a parking space; the villa has 2.
Detailed directions will be sent when you book through i-escape.
- Heraklion Nikos Kazantzakis 68.0 km HER
- Chania Souda 115.0 km CHQ
- Beach 1.0 km
- Shops 0.5 km
- Restaurant 0.5 km