“A glam boutique hotel with 12 individually designed rooms, and first-rate food, in a blissful seaside setting”
Here, a marble staircase spirals up to the rooms, each individually decorated (and named) with A-List fashion houses in mind. Fabrics are lavish; sea views from balconies are far-reaching and wondrous. Channel your inner Beyoncé in the Louis Vuitton room, before heading down to the sea for a pre-dinner dip.
The food here is first-rate. Devour fresh, locally sourced monkfish, with mountains as your backdrop. Or take a stroll along the picturesque shoreline to Kotor's charming Old Town, where dining options are aplenty. Hire a bike or car and head out: there are secret beaches to be discovered and organic food markets to explore.
- The service is second to none – hotel staff here are super-friendly and helpful
- Easy access to the sparkling sea, straight from the waterside terrace. Help yourself to a fresh towel and dry off on one of the cushioned loungers. Bliss!
- By all accounts the fresh, locally sourced organic food served in the restaurant is excellent
- The small but perfectly formed spa, with its Finnish sauna, Turkish bath and top notch treatments
- Both pools (indoor and outdoor) are small, as is the private beach (which is pebbly not sandy as are all beaches in Boka Bay), but the water is divine!
- It's a half hour walk along the shoreline to Kotor's old town, but the view is lovely and the path is flat. Or get a taxi (EUR3-5)
- No kettle or drinking water in the rooms
- No twin-bedded rooms
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- 12 rooms
- Restaurant open daily
- All ages welcome
- Closed: mid Oct-mid April
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Bicycles Available
- Laundry service
There are just 10 rooms and 2 suites, each individually styled and inspired by different fashion houses. Think polished marble surfaces, swathes of silk and velvet, and a pop of bright colour or vividly patterned headboard.
All rooms come with a balcony that has either a partial sea view (standard rooms) or are completely sea-facing. Naturally the standout options are the two top floor Junior Suites (Valentino and Ralph Lauren), with living rooms and large terraces that overlook the ocean. Standard rooms are nice, but if you can stretch to a Superior double, the jaw-dropping sea view from the French balcony is worth every penny.
The glamour extends into the ensuite bathrooms, each one unique in design, all with divine Rituals products on offer. Everyone gets a kingsize bed (there are no twin rooms); additional beds and cots are available for kids if needed.
- Air conditioning
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
The food served here is highly rated. Breakfast is a full English, American or continental affair. Omelettes are cooked to order and the orange juice is freshly squeezed. Don’t leave without trying the miniature tiramisu.
Come sunset, the Pool Bar Piazza on the first floor terrace is the spot for a pre-dinner cocktail. Then head to the hotel’s restaurant, La Bistecca, bigger than the set up at sister Hotel Forza Mare, but similar in deliciousness. Here, it’s all about the fresh, locally sourced seafood. Think sea urchin with monkfish ragout and scallops in black crust with truffle, served on potato cream. Wash it down with a glass of Montenegrin wine from the adjoining winery. All the while, the sea glistens by your side. Perfection.
Charming Kotor Old Town is a 5-minute taxi ride away. There you will find plenty of decent (and likely less pricey) dining options. The lovely hotel staff will be happy to offer recommendations.
- Children's meals
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- Vegetarian menu
- Cycle or stroll to Kotor’s Old Town for a culture fix: medieval churches and museums, an excellent market with organic produce, and a ruined hilltop fort for panoramic views over the town
- While away the day on the hotel’s small private beach or relax on a lounger with a cocktail on the waterside terrace
- Get pampered in the luxury hotel Wellness and Spa centre
- Discover the teeny, history-rich village of Perast and the islets of St. George and Our Lady of the Rocks. Boat tours are available
- Head a little further inland to Lake Skadar, the largest freshwater lake in the Balkans (a 1.5 hr drive). A field of lily pads against a mountain backdrop make for a positively dreamy experience
- Lovcen National park (20km away) is a must for adrenaline junkies. There’s quad biking and zip lining for those who dare. Or hop on your bike and explore the mountain on two wheels instead
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Mountain biking
- Museums / galleries
- Private guided tours
- Scuba diving
- Shopping / markets
Children of all ages are welcome here; however its core market is couples, so it probably works best with either babies or older teens. Parents will appreciate easy access to the private beach right in front of the hotel, and a larger public beach 200m away.
Babies (0-1 years), Teens (over 12)
Family friendly accommodation:
The Junior Suites are best as they can take a family of four, Superior and Standard rooms can fit a family of three
- Baby cots
- High chairs
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
The kids menu in the restaurant features crowd pleasers such as chicken nuggets, burgers, pasta and pancakes
Kids Activities on site:
- Swimming pool
Kids Activities nearby:
- Boat tours
- Watersports including kayaking and canoeing
- Zip lining
Families Should Know:
All the beaches in Boka Bay are pebbly not sandy
- Airport: 1h 30m (Dubrovnik)
- Hospital: 2 min-drive
- Shops: 5 min-walk
Hotel Forza Terra is in the small town of Dobrota, which merges with Kotor. It sits on the coastline of Kotor Bay, in southwest Montenegro.
Tivat (12km) is the closest airport, but many people fly into Dubrovnik (68km) before self-driving along the coast to Montenegro (an hour and 30 minute journey). It is also possible to fly into Podgorica (90km), the Montenegrin capital city.
From the Airport
You can hire a car (see our rental recommendations) - there's free off-road parking at the hotel. Alternatively book a luxury transfer through the hotel, or take a taxi.
Detailed directions will be sent when you book through i-escape.
- Tivat Aiport 12.0 km TIV
- Dubrovnik 68.0 km DBV
- Beach 0.1 km
- Shops 0.5 km
- Restaurant 0.5 km