“A luxury adults-only hotel on Mallorca's east coast, with 30 spacious suites, 2 infinity pools, fabulous food, and wonderful gardens by the sea”
Although there are plenty of golf courses and beaches within a short drive, Pleta de Mar is really a place to stay put. You'll find plenty of hidden corners to read and relax – but not so tucked-away that one of the cordial staff can’t bring you a cold G&T. Both honeymooners and couples will appreciate the child-free tranquility. While fairly new to the Mallorquin hotel scene, Pleta de Mar is already a star – we can’t wait to check out its calm and classy vibe.
- All you need for a romantic, relaxing holiday; you could happily hole up here for a week
- 2 gorgeous infinity pools - one facing the ocean, the other set in wildflower gardens - plus a heated plunge pool by the spa
- The spacious suites have soothing interiors filled with muted creams and exposed beams
- The excellent Foc restaurant has an impressive Mediterranean menu, as does sister property Can Simoneta's restaurant - located 200 metres away!
- The extensive gardens surrounding the hotel are truly gorgeous, further adding to the sense of privacy
- The hotel's small private beach, Albardans, is a rocky outcrop and not always suitable for swimming - but you can quickly drive to other beaches
- Presently, the Foc restaurant is not very vegetarian-friendly
- It's very quiet – you’ll have to travel for lively nightlife
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- Restaurant & bar open daily
- Adults only
- Closed: November to March
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Bicycles Available
The 30 suites are white, single-storey blocks scattered about the lush grounds of what was once coastal farmland. Their airy style is minimalist, Scandi-chic: beamed bamboo ceilings, oak flooring and blonde wood furniture. Cream-coloured linens drape the beds; curvy marble baths are set on stones. All have grassy terraces, some with views through trees to the sea. Wonderfully, the suites have indoor and outdoor showers - a rarity for Mediterranean hotels.
We love the pretty garden of the Privilege Suite, with its ivory Balinese bed. For those who want to soak as well as sit, the Premium and Superior suites have outdoor hot tubs. The bedroom and lounge are separate rooms in the Luxury Suites - these are larger, with floor-to-ceiling windows and pebbled courtyards.
Even more spacious is the magnificent Gran Suite, a standalone villa with its own pool overlooking the ocean.
- Air conditioning
- B&O sound system
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
Mornings start with a substantial buffet breakfast. Along with fresh fruit, yogurt and cereals, expect Spanish cheeses, cold cuts and Mallorquin salads. Individual egg and crepe dishes are served at your table, on the long terrace by the main pool.
For other meals, the hotel’s Foc restaurant has a la carte menus of Mediterranean fare. Generous cuts of meat and whole fish are the main focus, grilled over wood-burning ovens – 'foc' means fire in Catalan. Wok bowls, pastas and paella are offered at lunchtime. For dinner, we like the sound of grilled seabass or the dry-aged Galician ‘Vaca Rubia’ (Blonde Beef) for 2.
The wine list is international and there’s a garden bar that serves cocktails until dusk. Guests can also stroll over to next-door sister hotel, Can Simoneta, for supper – its clifftop restaurant has views over the Bay of Canyamel.
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- Pick a pool – swim laps in the large saltwater pool set in the lawn, watch the sunrise from the secluded ocean-facing infinity pool, or dip into the heated plunge pool by the spa
- Pamper yourself – indulge in an Abyanga massage or orange and vanilla bodywrap at the spa, which also has a sauna and shaded outdoor gym
- Head to the beach – the golden sands of Cala Millor and Cala Torta are a short drive away, or book the hotel speedboat and cruise along the coast to discover hidden coves
- Hit the links – there are 4 excellent golfing greens within an 8km radius: Canyamel, Pula, Capdepera and Son Servera. Tennis courts are also nearby
- Explore the region – it’s a 15-minute drive to the medieval castle of Capdepera and the fascinating caves of Arta, and only a 10-minute walk on a rural road to the 13th-century watchtower museum, Torre de Canyamel
- There are bikes to borrow: go for a gentle cycle
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Mountain biking
- Scuba diving
- Scuba diving courses
- Well being
- Wine tasting
Hotel Pleta de Mar is on the eastern tip of the island, 9km from Capdepera and 2km from the seaside village of Canyamel.
Fly to Palma (77km). Pleta de Mar is an hour's drive from here. The hotel can arrange a transfer but if you plan to explore the island, we'd recommend you hire a car. There's a free car park at the hotel.
Detailed directions will be sent when you book through i-escape.
- Palma 77.0 km PMI
- Beach 0.0 km
- Shops 0.5 km
- Restaurant 0.5 km