“A smart, friendly hotel right in the middle of town, just a 5-minute walk from the Louvre”
These days all is neat sophistication. A beautiful open-plan reception/salon gives the impression of a small ‘big’ hotel, there are books and morning papers in one sitting room, and an enormous bespoke sofa in the other. Given that most bedrooms are on the small side, you can wind down the original 18th-century staircase (or take the lift) to plan your day in the salon, or recover from it with an apéritif.
Information provided by Hotel Therese on 20/07/2020.
Cleaning and hygiene
Safety and hygiene measures in place. Extensive cleaning and disinfection of bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas. Disinfection of common areas surfaces several times daily, particularly door knobs, handles, light switches, elevator knobs and room keys. Every bedroom unoccupied for 24 hours after guest departure (according to availability). Special bactericide cleaning products deployed. Staff equipped with masks, gloves and hydroalcoholic lotion, staff training. Masks and hydroalcoholic lotion available for guests; hand sanitiser available at entry points to hotel, and throughout.
Food and drink
Breakfast buffet in the lounge replaced by room service. Selection of simple and tasty dishes to choose from to be served in room only.
Non-refundable reservations can change dates of stay without charge.
- You're perfectly placed to see the sights, within walking distance you'll find the Louvre and the Palais Garnier opera house
- Rooms are delightful and understated, particularly those that have been recently refurbished, and most have bath tubs
- Consistently kind and friendly staff who know how to look after guests
- Rates are very reasonable considering the central location and the hotel's high standards. They also include complimentary tea served in the salon every afternoon
- There are plenty of great restaurants just a short stroll from the hotel
- Some of the rooms are small, but still well equipped and stylish (as with many Parisian hotels)
- A little noise filters in from the street; go for rooms at the back
- The lift stops on the 5th floor; guests staying in the 2 rooms on the 6th floor will need to take the stairs
- The disabled room has no wheelchair access to the breakfast room in the basement, so you have to order room service
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- 40 rooms
- Breakfast only
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Concierge Service
- Scooters to borrow
The delightfully decorated rooms offer great value, even if they are a bit on the small side. Slight increments in space come as you step up the price ladder, but don’t think that if you opt for the simpler prices you’ll get the simpler décor. Not a bit of it. The same smart style runs throughout, with thick fabrics, upholstered bedheads, spotted grey carpets, cushioned chairs and mounted brass lamps.
On our first visit we stayed in one of the Tradition Rooms and found it to be perfectly comfortable; rooms in this category have bathtubs and overlook a pretty courtyard, making them good value. More recently we had an Executive Room, a spacious option with an ensuite shower room, walk-in wardrobe and views of rue Thérèse.
Classic Rooms have showers only and are located at the front, thus picking up a little outside noise (but this is a small street so you shouldn’t expect revelry). Deluxe Rooms are bigger, with a proper armchair, a bathtub with a shower, and space for an extra bed. Those at the front of the hotel also get more light thanks to the larger windows. Club Rooms up in the eaves have bigger bathrooms and space for an extra bed if needed - a good option for families or those after added privacy, less great for tall people.
- Air conditioning
- Central heating
- Cots Available
- Extra beds
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
A continental buffet breakfast is served in the cosy brick-lined cellar room between 7am and 10.30am. Expect wonderfully fresh baguettes, croissants, pains au chocolate and pains au raisins (but if you come down late, you might find the croissants gone). You also get a choice of juices, fruit and yoghurts, fresh fruit salad, ham and cheese. If you fancy something hot, opt for sausage and scrambled eggs; coffee or tea is brought to you and there's a good jam selection, too (not one small tub but a tray of 5). Between 4 and 6pm there is a complimentary afternoon tea in the salon consisting of hot drinks, juices, fruits and cakes.
This is a B&B hotel so you will be eating out each evening. The choice is infinite, with prices to suit every pocket. In striking distance of the hotel there are a number of casual Japanese noodle and sushi bars. If you want something glitzier head up to Place du Marché Saint Honoré for a collection of casual bistros and cafés. It's a good spot for people watching as you can sit out on terraces. Try Bistro Vivienne and Willy’s Wine Bar (English name, French food). Those wanting to splash out should do so at La Fontaine Gaillon (Gerald Depardieu’s restaurant) or at the thrice Michelin-starred Le Grand Vefour at the Palais Royal.
- Restaurants nearby
- The hotel is in the heart of Paris, near its best and most central sites: the Louvre, the Jardins des Tuileries, the Musée d'Orsay and the Palais Royal. Explore on foot or borrow one of the hotel's scooters
- A 2-minute walk east leads you under arches to the magnificent Jardins du Palais Royal, one of the hidden gems of Paris. It is here that talk of revolution was fomented; now elegant fountains, rose gardens, avenues of trees and the chicest sandpit in the world await
- Head south to the Louvre - no more than 5 minutes by foot. You can keep going across the bridges of the Seine to the Latin Quarter, Notre Dame and Ile de Saint Louis
- Head east to rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré for the smartest shops in town, stroll up to Place Vendome and the Ritz (where you can pop in for tea), then drop south a block and walk home through the Tuileries
- Visit the stunning Palais Garnier opera house. It was the inspiration for Phantom of the Opera, and offers guided tours and regular ballet productions
- Treat yourself at Galeries Lafayette, an oppulent department store full of designer goodies and particularly good fun at Christmas, when the window displays really sing
- We loved using the Velib bikes to get around; they’re cheap, sturdy and very easy to ride. Bike stations are everywhere and there are plenty of cycle lanes
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Historical sites
- Museums / galleries
- Shopping / markets
All ages are welcome, and children under 6 stay for free in their parents' room (extra beds are only possible in the Deluxe and Club categories). Club rooms can accommodate a family of 4. Rooms 61 and 62 could be booked together for a larger family or group. Cots and babysitting are available on request.
Babies (0-1 years), Toddlers (1-4 years), Teens (over 12)
Family friendly accommodation:
Cots Available, Extra Beds Available
Babysitting is available by arrangement.
Baby cots are available on request.
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Hotel Thérèse is in the 1st arrondissement, just north of the river and the Louvre, and alongside the Palais Royal. The nearest metro is Pyramides, a 2-minute walk.
Paris Charles de Gaulle (30km) is 45-60 minutes away, Paris Orly (35km) is 30-45 minutes away.
From the Airport
The hotel can arrange a transfer or you can jump on public transport. Both airports are connected to the city on line B of the RER; change onto the metro at Chatelet les Halles for Pyramides (3 stops).
If you'd prefer to travel overland from the UK, check out Seat 61 for train links. The Eurostar whisks you from London or Ashford straight into the Gare du Nord. From here take RER line B one stop to Chatelet les Halles and change onto metro line 7 for Pyramides (3 stops).
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.
- Paris Charles de Gaulle 30.0 km CDG
- Paris Orly 35.0 km ORY
- Beach 150.0 km
- Shops 0.1 km
- Restaurant 0.1 km