“Secluded and serene, this ocean-front hotel blends laid-back beach sophistication with dreamy Zen style”
Let time slow right down among foliage-framed vistas of champagne sands and azure waters from the 30ft showpiece glass pool. Or gather for cocktail hour and uninterrupted seascapes on cushion-strewn sofas at the elevated terrace.
With the jungle rearranged to lend postcard-perfection wherever you cast your gaze and privacy wherever you lay your towel, hideaways abound. Easily glamorous enough to attract well-heeled posers on location, Jashita somehow still manages to inspire its guests to abandon pretence and truly let go. Perhaps thanks to the Venetian family who built it from the dunes up, whose palpable love and homespun charm pervade throughout.
- Soliman Bay, a breathtaking protected aquamarine cove, waist-deep for miles with a fish-teeming reef - grab the snorkelling equipment in your room
- A small selection of beautiful suites with four-poster beds draped in chiffon curtains, and plunge pools on their terraces
- Just 12km from Tulum and daily boat trips include Mayan temple tours, fishing and diving
- The Sahara Cafe restaurant’s exquisite menu mixes top-notch Mexican, Italian home-cooking and freshly grilled fish
- It’s family-friendly but private nooks and communal areas make things surprisingly co-habitable
- For action beyond summer music and forgetting the world, it’s a 10-minute taxi to Tulum
- Some of the sea views from the 2nd floor are obstructed by trees
- If you like the surf, you may prefer Tulum beach to these tranquil Caribbean sands
- Full pre-payment required on reservation
Best time to go
Our top tips
Also popular with Tulum’s residents is the rustic lobster shack on the beach nearby. They cook over a fire and serve delicious conch and lobster ceviche, squid and fish. It's a hidden gem with virtually no tourists; Tommaso tipped us off!”
- Boutique Beach Resort
- Restaurant and bar (open daily)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Concierge Service
- Boat tours
Jashita's suites have a neutral palate, plenty of space and are perfectly appointed. Superior Deluxe and Waterfront Deluxe Suites boast high ceilings, plump sofas and four-poster beds draped in romantic curtains. These palatial proportions continue on huge private terraces, complete with plunge pools and life-affirmingly beautiful bay views. For a panoramic vista, splash out on a Honeymoon Suite or the new pièce de résistance, Jasmine Penthouse: which can be rented with its own stunning rooftop terrace and infinity pool. Each beautiful deck is crowned with a palapa roof, lounge sofas and magnificent sunsets over jungle and ocean.
The real attention to detail hits you when you settle in and find all you need, from cable TV, iPod dock and air-con to Italian linens, bathrobes and snorkelling equipment. All bathrooms have fantastic oversized rain showers. Sliding mosquito net doors keep rooms bug-free, and thoughtful extras include welcome chocolates and a beach bag with your room number stitched into it.
- Air conditioning
- Beach bag
- Cd player
- Dvd player
- Extra beds
- Internet access
- Ipod dock
- Safe box
- Satellite tv
- Snorkelling equipment
The hotel's Sahara Cafe (open 8am-10pm) serves poolside, on the beach and on three seafront terraces, as well as boasting a zen-styled dining area inside. Radiating insouciant beach cool and cooking up some of the area’s finest Italian and Mexican cuisine, the restaurant attracts local people in-the-know and kept us from looking for alternatives. From the waiter rushing cocktails to my side on the beach to live music and sundowners on the sunset deck while staff stoked up the BBQ fire for dinner, there’s no clichéd, mañana-type resting on your laurels here; service is on point.
We couldn’t wait to wake up for breakfast, which included a full cooked plate, tropical fruit salad, warm pastries and freshly squeezed orange or green juice. For lunch, fish tacos or ceviche on the beach were unbeatable. Come dinnertime, specials alternated between grills and homemade pasta evenings. Try freshly grilled lobster and fish or let the zucchini spaghetti remind you why Italians have the culinary edge.
- Children meals
- Vegetarian menu
- Take a daily swim to one of the floating pontoons exploring the underwater seascape of Soliman Bay on your way; you'll find snorkelling equipment in your room
- When the sea is calm, venture further in one of the hotel’s complimentary kayaks and paddle out beyond the reef
- The hotel runs wonderful daily boat tours (fishing, snorkelling, diving, sightseeing); to find out what's on offer, check the chalkboard mast on the beach.
- There are many land day trips on offer, too: recommended is the Mayan archaeological site Chichen Itza, it’s just 2 hours away and one of the 7 wonders of the world
- Discover Mexico’s mysterious natural cenotes (deep wells in the ground) with a guide who can divulge their legends
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Private guided tours
- Scuba diving
- Scuba diving courses
- Traditional cultures
Completely sheltered, Soliman Bay remains shallow (waist-height for adults) for a long way out, and the hotel welcomes kids (with a maximum of 6 children in the hotel at any one time). There are adult-only areas, including the main swimming pool, but there’s also a generously sized family pool for children. Snorkelling, kayaking and family boat trips are all popular. And there’s even a Moses basket for babies (to hang from your coconut shade on the beach).
Children (4-12 years), Teens (over 12)
Family friendly accommodation:
The Superior Double Deluxe Suites have 2 double beds, making them perfect for families.
Available on request.
Baby cots are available on request.
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
No kids’ menu as such, but Sahara Cafe has plenty of simple options like tomato and basil spaghetti, soups and grilled chicken breasts.
Kids Activities nearby:
- The aquatic world of Xel-Ha (3km)
- The Hidden Worlds family cenote adventure park