“Peaceful, contemporary-cool beach retreat with breathtaking views across Porto Vecchio Bay”
We spent our mornings reading on comfy sun loungers under the tiki umbrellas and snorkelling from the shore. Delicious lunches of spider crab with guacamole or a fresh shellfish salad were washed down with a local rosé, and inevitably followed by a snooze on the shaded wooden deck around the turquoise pool. Later we'd potter around the island's villages and towns, or be whisked across the bay by speedboat for a heavenly massage at glam sister property Hotel Casadelmar. We'd return in time for apéros on the beach: sandy feet, warm breezes and sweeping views, with the promise of a Mediterranean-inspired dinner to come.
- The stunning location: you'd never tire of the sea views
- Super friendly, attentive staff
- Just 15 rooms, all with private terraces and garden or sea views
- The intimate, spoiling vibe makes it perfect for a honeymoon or special holiday
- Very spread out, with lots of relaxing spaces scattered around
- All this heavenly beach simplicity comes at a price; it's eye-wateringly expensive
- No spa or gym, but sister property Hotel Casadelmar has both, plus a Michelin-starred restaurant, and is just a speedboat-hop away
- Only open May-Sept and getting a room in July or August can be tricky; it's often full with repeat guests
- Families are welcome but there's not much for kids, beyond the beach and pool
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- Restaurant and bar open daily
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Heated Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
A breezy, contemporary feel runs through the 15 rooms and suites, which are set well apart from one another in stylish stone cottages amidst pine trees. Private wooden decks have beautiful garden or sea views, and lounge chairs for peaceful reading or snoozing.
Inside, you'll find calming shades of white, cream, grey and blue, with occasional bursts of colour, and natural accents through driftwood walls. Spacious open-flow bathrooms feature wood panel elements, rain showers and fabulous organic soaps.
Deluxe Sea Views are the most popular, and definitely worth splashing out on. The Suites have 2 bedrooms (a double and a single) plus a sofabed, so are good for small families.
- Air conditioning
- DVD player
- Ipod dock
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
The hip restaurant, decorated in subtle shades of white and cream, flows out onto a canopied deck for alfresco dining. Expect delicious market-inspired Mediterranean dishes (fresh mussels with roasted tomatoes, grilled lobster, swordfish pasta with aubergine and mint) and authentic spit roasts. There's not masses of variety so you might want to drive out to eat occasionally if you're here for a few days - especially if you're vegetarian; a Caprese salad was the only and lonely veggie option on the menu.
If you're here for a special occasion, take the speedboat over to sister property Hotel Casadelmar for a feast in their Michelin-starred restaurant.
Back at La Plage, a wooden pathway leads through the pines to a beach bar with sweeping views across the bay; perfect for sundowners. There's also an all-day snack menu.
Breakfast (included) is a fairly basic continental buffet of pastries, fruit, charcuterie, breads and cheeses.
- Children's meals
- Room service
- Laze on the gorgeous sandy beach with its incredible views across the bay. Or read by the shaded pool or on your private terrace
- Snorkel in the clear shallows (the hotel has equipment to borrow) or book a scuba-diving trip
- The hotel offers speedboat transfers to Saint-Cyprien and Cala Rossa beaches. Or speed across to sister property Hotel Casadelmar for some serious pampering in their opulent spa
- Try waterskiing, wakeboarding or sailing; all can be arranged
- For a change of scene, stunning Palombaggia and Santa Giulia beaches are an easy drive away. Both have hip beach bars and excellent eateries, so are good for an all-day trip
- Pop into Porto Vecchio for a wander; there's a local produce market on Sunday mornings
- Spend a day hiking in the Alta Rocca, where you'll find natural pools and the stunning Bavella mountain range
- The glorious Iles Lavezzi make for a great day trip, as does Sardinia; ask reception to arrange transport and a guide
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Private guided tours
- Scuba diving
- Shopping / markets
- Water skiing
- Well being
While children are welcome, note that this is very much a grown-up hotel and families are expected to be mindful of other guests. There's a heated pool, you're beside a private sandy beach, and there are both interconnecting rooms and suites with a small second bedroom
Family friendly accommodation:
Superior Suites and Executive Suites each have a small second bedroom with a single bed as well as a sofabed in the living room, or space for a baby cot. A few of the Deluxe Rooms can interconnect, and have space for a baby cot
Highchairs in the restaurant
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
A small menu including fresh Italian pasta with tomato sauce, French fries with minced beef, fish fillet of the day with grilled vegetables
Kids Activities on site:
- Heated swimming pool
Kids Activities nearby:
- Private sandy beach
- Watersports including snorkelling and scuba diving
- Boat trips
- Airport: 45 minutes (Figari)
- Shops: 10 minutes
La Plage Casadelmar is set in the Bay of Porto Vecchio, on a private sandy beach edged by red rocks and pine trees. Figari Airport is a 45-minute drive away, and the town of Porto-Vecchio is a 10-minute drive.
Fly into Figari (35km), Bastia (125km) or Calvi (199km). Click on the links below for a list of airlines serving these airports.
From the Airport
Book a transfer or see our car rental recommendations.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
More on getting to Corsica
- Figari Sud-Corse 35.0 km FSC
- Bastia (Poretta) 125.0 km BIA
- Beach 0.1 km
- Shops 6.0 km
- Restaurant 0.3 km