Spread out here with groups of friends and families: there are even a few yurts with their own plunge pool on the grounds of one supervilla for people who prefer al fresco living but want a little privacy from the party.
Both villas are in the sleepy village of Tabayesco in a truly unspoilt corner of Lanzarote's northern, wild terrain, yet are mere minutes from La Garita's golden sands (restaurants and shops are just a little further). Best of all, the English-speaking managers are on hand to divulge the gems of their local knowledge. They also run some smaller hideaways and an eco-resort on the island. Adventure awaits, tell the whole family.
- Stunning location, excellent facilities and hypnotic views in a peaceful, unspoilt corner of Lanzarote
- Golden La Garita beach is just 1km away
- The villas are great for families travelling together, with six and seven bedrooms apiece, plus 3 quirky yurts for a little privacy
- Exceptional value, especially if you're staying for a week or more
- Great info and services offered by locally-based British managers, including meal deliveries, babysitting and farmers' grocery boxes
- Restaurants and shops are a drive away, albeit a very short one
- Couples will feel lost in all the space; check out their smaller hideaways instead
- We're yet to visit the villas in person, but we can't wait for our turn!
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Luxury Villas
- 2 villas for 12-16 + 3 yurts
- Self-catering (restaurants nearby)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Beach Nearby
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Car recommended
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Concierge Service
These gorgeous villas booth ooze traditional Canarian style - seen in bohemian furniture, fabrics and artwork - contrasted with calm lines, exposed volcanic stone, soothing white walls, modern bathrooms and striking angles (mirroring their sugar cube exteriors).
Beds range from four-poster to large doubles and twins; many have spoiling free-standing, pebble-lined bathtubs for soaking up glorious views from mountains to sea.
La Garita Supervilla + yurts (sleeps 21 + kids) is a majestic 10-bedroom hideaway sitting comfortably between mountains and the Atlantic. It has six bedrooms in the main villa and a garden room under the private heated pool, plus there are shaded terraces, a hot tub, table tennis and pool table (plus it's close to La Garita beach) so there's plenty to keep large groups entertained. There's a staff apartment on the side of the villa, but it has its own entrance.
The three additional Yurts (two are twins, the largest has a super-kingsize bed plus a single; these are included in the bedroom count) sit on this same complex and are surprisingly luxurious, with a generously domed living-sleeping area and masses of outdoor spaces, including a double daybed and a gazebo, a bar and a chill-out area. The plunge pool is a huge bonus.
Nearby, the Tabayesco Supervilla (sleeps 12 + 3 kids) is in a class of its own: a fantastic six-bedroom, split-level villa that was once the owners' family home, with contemporary styling, arresting artworks and glorious panoramas from the pool. The master bedroom is especially fine, with a free-standing tub.
- In room treatments available
Both villas have sleek, spacious kitchens (La Garita's is vast and open-plan; Tabayesco's has a smart, marbled window-come-breakfast bar). The Yurts share an al fresco, full kitchen with granite worktops and wooden breakfast bar. All properties have barbecues.
Arrive to a welcome basket including tea bags, UHT milk, coffee and a bottle of drinking water (avoid the tap water here, it's not drinkable). There are also options to choose before you arrive - perhaps you'd like the shopping done or a farmers' grocery box waiting for you.
There are small supermarkets nearby if you decide to cook for yourself, or the wider Punta Mujeres-Arrieta area has some good restaurants: tapas, seafood and great views aplenty. If you're staying closer to home, then there are some pleasant bars dotted along La Garita beach. An in-villa information pack has recommendations, both local and across the island.
- Coffee maker
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Meal delivery service
- Restaurants nearby
- Shopping service
- Welcome hamper
- Basic ingredients
- Many incredible sights are just a short drive away, including El Mirador del Río, several lava-formed caves and the ferry for the island of La Graciosa
- Book various activities before you arrive, including in-villa massages, yoga and walking tours across the island
- This northerly coast is lined with picturesque sandy beaches - the nearest being La Garita just 1km away - along with a number of natural swimming pools
- Information packs in the villas also provide many other recommendations including walking tours in Parque Nacional de Timanfaya in the west of the island, wine tasting at the island's bodegas, watersports (including SUP and surfing), submarine boat tours and more
- Table tennis
Activities on site or nearby include:
The villas are ideal for families. Both have a full kitchen and indoor and outdoor dining tables, and there are lots of bathrooms and space so families can spread out in comfort. The beach is within walking distance, shops and restaurants are a five-minute drive away, and each property has its own pool/plunge pool.
Family friendly accommodation:
Both villas are ideal for a few families holidaying together, and there's even room for additional guests. There are plenty of twin rooms between both villas too. If booking the La Garita Supervilla, note that the three yurts are on the same plot of land but are separated by gardens, a wall and fencing, and come with its own plunge pool.
Families Should Know:
No pools are gated. No stair gate from dining area in Tabayesco Supervilla.
- Arrecife Airport: approx. 30km
- Shops: five mins' drive
- Arrecife Hospital: approx. 30km
Lanzarote Luxury Villas are located in the tranquil village of Tabayesco, in the lesser-trodden north of the island.
Fly into Arrecife (30km), Lanzarote's only airport, in the island's capital.
From the Airport
Most guests self-drive. You can take a taxi or catch the bus but a car is essential if you want to tour the island. Most guests will need to hire one.
Detailed directions to your villa will be sent when you book through i-escape.
- Lanzarote Arrecife 30.0 km ACE
- Beach 1.0 km
- Shops 3.0 km
- Restaurant 1.0 km