“Two super-swish villas (for 6-14) set in an olive grove overlooking the Adriatic, each with a focus on wellness and tailor-made experiences”
Le Marche is a very special region: largely undiscovered yet scenically beautiful and tantalisingly foodie - like Tuscany without the crowds. The villas’ position between the Adriatic coast and the Sibillini Mountains means it’s technically feasible to go skiing and relax on a beach in the same day. Or you could go truffle hunting, olive oil tasting, sailing or cycling to enchanting red-brick villages poised on hilltops. Pottery classes and wine tasting are at the top of our agenda when we visit. The philosophy here is to ‘be well, eat well, sleep well and live well', and that's a concept we could definitely get on board with right now.
- Ideal for small group getaways or (extended) family celebrations; larger parties can book both villas together (for up to 22) and get full use of the entire estate
- The wellness focus includes yoga and Pilates classes, private gyms, a spa in one villa, and personal trainers on hand
- Each villas has its own huge pool, perfect for summer days outside
- The concierge service offers all manner of bespoke experiences, each aimed at making the most of the local region
- Le Marche is a delightfully undiscovered part of Italy, with great beaches (10 mins away), beautiful mountains, ancient hilltop villages and a foodie culture
- These are high-end villas so expect high-end prices to match, and a sizeable security deposit
- Although airport pick-ups can be arranged, you’ll probably need a car for getting around
- Be aware that there's a 7-night minimum stay (Saturday-Saturday) in summer
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique villas
- 2 villas for 6-14
- Self-catering; in-house chefs can be arranged
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Concierge Service
- Tennis Court
- Bicycles Available
- Laundry Service
Olive Tree Villa
Enormous Olive Tree Villa enjoys long views over private gardens and out towards the coast. It sleeps 12 people in six double bedrooms (or twins on request), all with their own ensuite bathrooms and private terraces. There’s also an attic room with a double bed for two extra guests if required, though note that walls are low and there’s an extra cost for use of this room.
The vast open-plan living/dining area is a gorgeous space for relaxing. The styling is pared back but elegant, with minimal furnishings and two entire walls of floor-to-ceiling windows bringing the outside in. At the back of the dining area is the modern kitchen, which has a long breakfast bar that’s ideal for cookery classes. A private spa with a six-seater hot tub and Swedish sauna is also downstairs, as well as a gym with sea views.
Things don’t get any less luxurious outside. The infinity pool is spectacular - it would be very easy to spend all day lolling on a sunlounger here. There’s also a gas barbecue and two terraces for alfresco dining, and a big fire pit with a semi-circular sofa and beanbags for lounging under the stars.
Olive Grove Villa
From the outside, Olive Grove Villa has the look of a quaint farmhouse, with its dusty-pink walls, mint-green shutters and arched windows. Inside, it’s anything but old-fashioned; white linens, pastel colouring and sparse furnishings give it a cool and uncluttered feel. Nothing detracts from the scenery outside the picture windows.
The villa has three ensuite bedrooms, and there's another ensuite bedroom in an annexe outside – ideal if you’re bringing grandparents or just want extra privacy. The living area is open-plan, with three separate spaces for lounging and dining. There’s an indoor kitchen plus an outdoor kitchen located in the pool house, which also has an adjoining wood-fired pizza oven. Choose to dine on one of two terraces, each with marvellous views over leafy hills and the sea beyond.
The enormous, 21x6-metre swimming pool has a diving board and an in-built jacuzzi section. There’s also table tennis and table football – kids will absolutely adore it here. Head down into the olive grove and you’ll find the final piece de resistance: a private tennis court that’s all yours to enjoy!
- You could very easily spend all of your holiday on the estate. Lounge by your pool, explore the olive grove, relax with a Thai or Ayurvedic massage, and arrange a chef to come over and cook you dinner
- Make the most of the on-site yoga studio, which runs retreats and also offers courses in Pilates
- Go truffle hunting in season or wine tasting at one of the nearby vineyards – ask your concierge for details
- Borrow a bike and cycle into Civitanova Alta, the sweet local village
- Hit the beaches of the nearby Adriatic coast: Due Sorelle beach at Sirolo has clear blue waters and is only accessible by boat; Portonovo, Mezzavalle and San Michele are also pretty; Grotta Urbani and Sassi Neri Beach are good sandy options
- Head inland to visit the stunning town of Macerata, famous for its open-air theatre and opera festival
- Go walking in the Sibillini Mountains, which look particularly spectacular in spring when wildflowers are in bloom.
Both villas are extremely well setup for families. There’s masses of space in each, both indoors and outdoors, for kids to roam free. Gardens have big lawns for playing games on, the private swimming pools have inflatables for splashing about on, and all manner of kids activities can be arranged by the concierge. Lots of baby equipment is available if needed.
Family friendly accommodation:
All rooms in Olive Tree Villa would work for children as they can be setup as twins; two of the rooms in Olive Grove Villa can be setup as twins.
- High chair
- Night light
- Bottle warming
- Kids' books and toys
- Baby bath
- Baby bedding
- Baby monitors
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids Activities on site:
- Table tennis and table football (Olive Grove Villa)
- Tennis (Olive Grove Villa)
- Cookery classes
- TVs with Netflix
Kids Activities nearby:
- Mini golf
- Horse riding
- Pottery classes
- Frasassi Caves
- Sandy beaches
- Waterpark and playgrounds nearby
Families Should Know:
The swimming pools are unfenced. Olive Grove Villa has open staircases.
- Airport: 35-minute drive
- Hospital: 5-minute drive
- Supermarket: 1-minute drive
Le Marche Luxury Estate is located in the small village of Civitanova Alta in Le Marche, central Italy.
Marche (Ancona) airport is the closest (58km), but Pescara (123km), Rimini (139km), Forli (195km) and Bologna (260km) are also an option.
From the Airport
Airport transfers can be arranged but you'll probably want to hire a car so you can explore the local area.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.
- Ancona Falconara 58.0 km AOI
- Beach 3.5 km
- Shops 0.6 km
- Restaurant 0.8 km