They chose an all-white colour scheme and married clean cut, angular, contemporary furnishings and fittings with jazzy art to create a vibe that is as peaceful as the quiet cul-de-sac outside your window. These luxury rooms all have swish kitchenettes and the possibility of indoor and outdoor dining. The set up is ideal for families, and there's also a 4-bedroom house nearby for those who need more space. If your holiday idyll doesn't include self-catering, you can wander a few yards along the street to More Quarter's first-floor breakfast room, which catches the breeze and views up to Table Mountain. And there's no shortage of bars and restaurants in walking distance, too.
- The décor of the apartments feels clean, uncluttered and welcoming
- You're yards from Kloof Street's lively bars and restaurants, and a short taxi ride from the Waterfront
- More Quarters' staff are bright, relaxed and extremely helpful; services include 24 hour reception and daily room cleaning
- You get free transfers to and from the V&A Waterfront – one of the perks of being a sister property to Cape Cadogan
- There's bags of parking space right outside your door, and 24-hour surveillance by a friendly attendant
- Only breakfast (included in the rates) is served in the dining room, though room service is also available
- There can be noise from the street and nearby bars – the flipside of its buzzy location
- You'll need to drive to the beach or the Table Mountain cable car
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Apartments
- 27 apts for 2-4, 1 house for 6-8
- Breakfast only, walk to restaurants
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Spa Treatments
- Beach Nearby
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Car recommended
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Laundry Service
- Pool at More Quarters Residence
27 spoiling one- and two-bedroom apartments have been slotted into six pastel-coloured cottages, which run along either side of Nicol Street. Spread over the first- and second floors, all come with a lounge, a kitchenette and a balcony or courtyard. Inside, expect pristine walls in white or muted green-greys, wooden floorboards, abstract art and stylishly minimal light fittings. Think Conran-meets-Zen fusion. You'll sleep long and deep in the enormous beds and comfy-as-pie mattresses. Bathrooms are in the same bright-white vein. Additional treats come in the form of soft towels, robes and slippers, together with a full range of natural products.
If you're coming with a group, 4-bedroom More Quarters Residence could be a great fit. Décor is more colourful, with elegant art works and corniced archways; there's a lounge (with cosy fireplace), a full open-plan kitchen for sociable cooking, and a dining area for up to 10. All bedrooms – double or twin bedded, as you prefer – have ensuite bathrooms, and one has a bright bay window. Outside is a small pool and sunbathing terrace, with views to Table Mountain; and you also get secure off-street parking and 24-hour security.
- In room treatments available
- Safe box
Served in the dining room beside reception, we'd certainly recommend the gorgeous continental breakfast spread, especially as the high French windows afford stunning views of Table Mountain. We enjoyed lots of fresh fruit, plus cooked options (although perhaps sidestep the quinoa hotcake).
Room service is available, plus each apartment has a perfectly equipped kitchenette, but with Kloof Street's bars and restaurants just a shake away, it might go almost unused.
More Quarters offers free pre-dinner drinks, and they have a fab list of recommended eateries, plus a free shuttle to help you get around town. On Kloof Street we'll happily endorse their Italian favourite, Zucca. If you can get a table at the fashionable Kloof Street Townhouse, you won’t be disappointed - it delivers on both style and substance. For great sushi and a fabulous seaside panorama, check out Wakame at Mouille Point. Finally, if you've got something special to celebrate, city centre Aubergine is hard to beat. It has one of the best wine lists in town and a top sommelier.
- Coffee maker
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- Ride the Table Mountain cable car, hike across the top to Skeleton Gorge, clamber down to Kirstenbosch then taxi back to your hotel
- Head for the Waterfront and take a boat trip to Robben Island to visit the cell where Mandela dreamed of freedom for himself and his people
- Hire a car and drive south to the Cape Point Nature Reserve to see wild baboons and the meeting point of two of the world's mightiest oceans
- Wander along Kloof Street and people-watch from one of its kerbside cafés
- Head for Kirstenbosch and one of the world's best botanical gardens
- Take a day trip out to Franschhoek to taste wines, then eat lunch at one of its top notch restaurants
- Head for the beach: be aware there can be a difference of several degrees between the Atlantic (brrrrr!) and the Indian Ocean (brrr!)
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Museums / galleries
- Shopping / markets
Activities on site or nearby include:
More Quarters is luxurious, relaxed and in the centre of things - a great option for families who want to stay in Cape Town. There are plenty of options for family-friendly fun in the city.
Family friendly accommodation:
The Two-Bedroom Apartments are perfect for families of 4. Alternatively you can book a pair of interconnecting One-Bedroom Apartments. Of the One-Bedroom Apartments, 4 have a sleeper couch (suitable for up to 2 kids) in their lounge.
Larger families, or two families travelling together, can book More Quarters Residence which sleeps up to 8 in 4 double/twin bedrooms, and has its own private pool.
Kids Activities on site:
- TV and films
- Access to the swimming pool at Cape Cadogan (neighbouring sister property)
Kids Activities nearby:
- Cable car ride up Table Mountain
- Explore the V&A Waterfront: outdoor playground, Two Oceans Aquarium, harbour cruises, ferris wheel
- Boat trips to Robben Island
- Kirstenbosch botanical gardens
- Fantastic beaches: Boulders Beach for African Penguins; Fish Hoek for small waves and a playground; St
- James for rockpools; Blouberg for sandcastles with a view
- Whale-watching September to mid November
- Airport: 30 minutes
- Hospital: 25 minutes
- Shops: 3 minutes
More Quarters is in the Tamboerskloof suburb of Cape Town, near Kloof Street and the foot of Table Mountain and the National Park.
Fly in to Cape Town International Airport (30km) – no jet lag for European visitors! The airport also has internal flights to all of South Africa's major cities.
From the Airport
It's approximately 20 minutes by taxi to More Quarters, but allow plenty of time for traffic delays if you're on a schedule.
You may want to hire a car to explore further afield – there's ample parking nearby, and underground bays can be rented.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.
More on getting to South Africa and getting around.
- Cape Town International 30.0 km CPT
- Beach 5.0 km
- Shops 1.0 km
- Restaurant 1.0 km