“Laidback beach retreat in a quiet spot on Mykonos, with cool and contemporary rooms and glittering sea views on both sides”
With just 12 rooms, Osom is small and intimate. Staff get to know you on a first name basis, and service is bespoke. The rooms are built in classical Cycladic style – think whitewashed sugar-cube design - but the interiors are ultra-modern. All rooms come with private balconies with views over gardens or out to sea. But it’s the blissful pool area that you’ll likely hang out at. Breakfast is served here, as are cocktails and light snacks throughout the day. Slump into a four-poster daybed then wander a few metres down to Korfos beach, a popular hub for kitesurfers. Or stroll in the other direction to lovely Ornos beach, lined by a handful of family-run tavernas for ending lazy sunny days with fresh fish and warm hospitality. This is exactly the sort of Greek island escape we’ve been longing for all year. Race you there.
- Ideally located for those after a quieter side of Mykonos - right beside the beach but with easy access to restaurants and a frequent bus service into Mykonos Town
- The hotel is positioned atop a hill between two sandy beaches, so you get coastal views on both sides
- We hear breakfast is a delight
- Good-sized rooms with ultra-modern interiors and private balconies
- Staff are friendly and attentive, always on-hand to help with recommendations and bookings
- This part of the coast can experience strong winds - hence its popularity with kitesurfers
- Although it's outside town, don't expect complete seclusion: this headland is peppered with hotels and villas
- The Standard Double Sea View room is quite a lot smaller than the others, but it comes with a big balcony
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique hotel
- Breakfast and bar, walk to restaurants
- All ages welcome
- Closed: 1 November - 30 April
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Bicycles Available
The 12 bedrooms are divided into six categories, ranging from Standard (18m2) to Grand Suite (50m2). They're spacious and Cycladic in style, with open-plan layouts, bright white walls and pared-back interiors keeping things minimal and modern.
Characteristic features include quirky light fixtures designed to resemble sea creatures, like limpets clinging to the walls, and hanging wooden dividers that separate bedroom spaces from living spaces and double up as cool bathroom mirrors.
All rooms have private terraces, facing either the garden or the sea. You also get queensize beds, minibars and wall-mounted TVs. The suites have twin rooms, too, and most of the other rooms have sofabeds for kids to sleep on.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee / tea making
- Ipod dock
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
All food is served alfresco at the Pool Lounge and Cocktail Bar, at shady tables with beach views. Breakfast is included, and you’re in for a treat. The menu is a la carte, so everything is cooked to order - perhaps egg Florentine toasties or pancakes with fresh fruit and nuts.
No other meals are served, but you can order from an all-day snack menu if you need a pick-me-up. Drinks and cocktails are also served here throughout the day.
Finding somewhere to eat nearby isn’t tricky. There are several tavernas to choose from in Ornos. Try To Apomero for yummy traditional Greek fare or Apaggio Restaurant for excellent fish.
- Coffee / tea making
- Lunch by arrangement
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- Life at Osom is all about relaxation. Chill-out with a novel by the pool, book an in-room massage, or pop down to Korfos beach to cool off in the sea
- This is a great area for watersports. Try kitesurfing, windsurfing, jet-skiing or waterskiing
- Rent bikes or mopeds to explore other lovely beaches: Paradise is where the younger party scene is at; Super Paradise is packed with bars but still a stunning spot; Elia is the island’s longest sandy beach, pebbly Lia is popular with the island’s gay crowd, while remote Ayios Sostis lets you shed the crowds (and your clothes)
- Catch the bus or taxi into Mykonos Town to explore its pretty fishing harbour, its swinging clubs and pubs, its trademark windmills, its ‘little Venice’ waterfront, and its clothes, jewellery and designer boutiques
- Don’t miss the wonderful open-air museum that is Delos, an ancient archaeological site just off Mykonos that’s packed with ruined temples, sanctuaries, stoas, treasuries - and day-trippers.
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Horse riding
- Scuba diving
- Shopping / markets
This is a great option for an easy family beach holiday. Most of the rooms can sleep extra guests (either on single beds or built-in sofabeds), the pool is a good size and has a shallow end for kids, and the nearest beach is a few metres away. Better still, the area is quieter than many other Mykonian beach resorts so there's more space for spreading out. Local beaches have lots of options for watersports, and restaurants are a short walk away.
Babies (0-1 years), Teens (over 12)
Family friendly accommodation:
The Grand Suite Sea View and Family Suite Garden View have two bedrooms so are best for families. The Double Standard Garden View and Superior Suite Garden View rooms can take an extra child on a sofabed, while the Deluxe Suite Sea View can take two kids on the sofabed.
- Baby cots
- High chair
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids Activities nearby:
- Beach - 150m Korfos Beach; 700m Ornos Beach
- Boat tours
- Island tours
- Cooking lessons
- Bicycle excursions
- Sea canoeing/kayaking
- Catamaran tours
- Diving and snorkelling
- Jet ski
- Airport: 25 minutes
- Shops: 5 minutes
Osom Resort is located next to Korfos beach on the southwest coast of Mykonos, one of the Cyclades islands.
Fly into Mykonos (4km) or Athens (184km). There are also domestic flights from Crete to Mykonos.
Mykonos Port is 6.6km away. If you are island-hopping, ferries run from Piraeus (1-2 daily, 3-5 hours) or Rafina (2-4 daily, 2-4 hours), and your closest neighbours are Syros and Tinos.
From the Port/Airport
It;s approximately a 10-minute taxi ride from Mykonos port and the airport. Alternatively, the hotel can arrange a transfer.
If you want to hire a car to explore the island then see our car rental recommendations.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you confirm your booking though i-escape.
- Mykonos Airport 3.9 km JMK
- Beach 0.2 km
- Shops 0.7 km
- Restaurant 0.4 km