“Beautiful and contemporary 5-star hotel in leafy New Delhi; huge rooms with private plunge pools”
Notably, there’s a personal touch here that’s often missing in 5-star properties. The general managers have the easygoing charm of old acquaintances, concerned only for your comfort, relaxation and enjoyment. There are 2 glamorous in-house restaurants, and you can explore the nearby sights of Delhi with a guide or independently, or simply play tennis and kick back at the fantastic spa. Wonderful.
- Attention to detail taken to its highest form, with each guest treated as an individual
- Long-reaching green views from upper-floor rooms and lots of space on your terrace
- Serene outdoor spaces and beautiful contemporary architecture, with changing art exhibitions
- Ideal for a honeymoon or celebratory holiday
- An army of workers discreetly keeping the hotel to perfect standards
- Food at the restaurants is good, but not at the same exalted level as the rest of the hotel
- Bigger than many i-escape properties, yet it has the charm and personal feel of a much smaller hotel
- The peaceful, discreet atmosphere may not suit everyone
- Full pre-payment due on reservation
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- Restaurants and bar (open daily)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Heated Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Tennis Court
- Cigar lounge
- Squash courts
The 100+ rooms and suites are spread over 8 floors - and at the time of writing were the biggest hotel rooms in Delhi! Interiors are serene and unfussy, yet effortlessly comfortable: rooms have dusky-blue upholstery, suites pale grey-green. In all, beds are kings (or twins), and furnishings include a sofa and coffee table, a desk and chair, and a large walk-in dressing room.
Bathrooms are semi open-plan and huge plate-glass windows allow you to take a bath while gazing at the view from your spacious balcony, perhaps across your private plunge pool.
Accommodation on the higher floors commands higher prices, which are worth paying because they have better views. For a full description of the rooms, see Rates
- Air conditioning
- CD player
- Central heating
- Cots Available
- Dressing room
- DVD player
- Extra beds
- Ipod dock
- Plunge pool
- Safe box
- Satellite TV
The Lodhi has 2 restaurants: Elan (open 24 hours) and On the Waterfront, open for lunch and dinner daily.
Elan runs alongside the long water-feature pool, with indoor and outdoor seating. It has a focus on Indian cuisine from both north and south - including a delicious biryani - as well as comforting Continental options. Breakfast is served here, or in your room on request. My French toast was particularly tasty, and they can rustle up a good Eggs Benedict.
The glamorous adults-only On the Waterfront is one of New Delhi's destination restaurants, with plate-glass windows overlooking a pool lit by flaming torches, and a glass-encased jetty that can be booked for private parties and functions. There's a buzzy feel thanks to its open kitchen, and the menu is pan-Asian and pan-European (perhaps teppanyaki, dim sum or Chilean sea bass).
- Private dining
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- Vegetarian menu
- Visit Delhi's famous sights (the Red Fort, Qutb Minar and Humayun’s Tomb) with a guide and driver, or ask for a walking tour around Old Delhi
- Then wind down in the lovely spa. A Turkish massage in the hammam is recommended, and there's a full range of Ayurvedic therapies
- The hotel also offers cookery classes - learn the intricacies of Indian spicing from the masters
- Stroll around Lodi Gardens (next door), with their ruined Mughal tombs
- Shop in the boutiques of nearby Khan Market or Meherchand Market, in the government emporiums on Janpath, or at Dilli Haat, which offers beautiful regional crafts
- Just here to relax? Swim in the heated pool, play tennis or squash, or take yoga and Pilates classes
See our Top Tips for Delhi
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Cooking classes
- Historical sites
- Museums / galleries
- Private guided tours
- Shopping / markets
- Traditional cultures
- Well being
Given the serene atmosphere, you could feel out of place with kids, but families are very welcome. Note, though, that children under 12 are not allowed in On The Waterfront.
Babies (0-1 years), Children (4-12 years)
Family friendly accommodation:
Cots Available, Extra Beds Available, Family Rooms
Kids Activities on site:
- Heated swimming pool
- Private plunge pools in all rooms
- Tennis and squash courts
- Cooking classes
Kids Activities nearby:
- Gardens next door
- Red Fort
- Airport: 45 minutes
- Shops: 5 minutes
The Lodhi is in leafy New Delhi, close to the upmarket shopping enclave of Khan Market (with many good restaurants), near many major sights, and next to lovely Lodi Gardens, a public park.
Indira Gandhi International (20km away) is the nearest airport. It has links to many worldwide airports and most other Indian cities. The Lodhi can arrange a transfer from the airport (recommended for a hassle-free arrival), or you can take a prepaid taxi; try Merucabs.
Delhi is a major rail hub, with links to almost anywhere in India. There are 4 main railway stations - Old Delhi, Nizamuddin, Sarai Rohilla and New Delhi.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
More on getting to Delhi and getting around
- Delhi Indira Gandhi International 20.0 km DEL
- Beach 999.0 km
- Shops 0.3 km
- Restaurant 0.3 km