There are just 9 striking cubist lodges, plus a flexible 2-3 bedroom family suite, all with their own outdoor seating areas built to showcase the luminous views. Sharp, well-lit bathrooms with open-air showers invite serenades to the moon as you lather up with the finest Acqua di Parma toiletries. Soulful guests can head to the hotel’s jetty to watch the magnificent volcano, Mount Rinjani, blush at dawn, then back to bed till you’re ready for breakfast, which can be served at any time and any place you please. How civilised is that? The Indo fusion food is downright gorgeous, and you’ll meet executive chef Jiwa and personable manager Pak Hamdi at each night’s convivial dinner. Whether you're a solo traveller, family, honeymooner or independent couple, you will happily recharge your batteries at this absolutely splendid destination hotel.
- Rates include a healthy a la carte breakfast and a stunning dinner (tailored to your tastes)...
- ...and the truly superb Indo-fusion food is created by one of the best chefs we’ve come across in Indonesia
- Flawless service by discreet, insightful staff
- The many lovely treats and extras, which are on-the-house and replaced without question, which feels like you’re staying with good friends
- Unlike Bali, Lombok is largely untouched by tourism and has a distinct culture. You can explore indigenous villages, visit Hindu and Muslim places of worship, and the hotel can arrange treks to Mount Rinjani volcano and its sacred lake
- The local beach is rocky, so it's not the best place for a swim in the sea. But there’s a huge infinity pool, and they have a private beach on Gili Meno, where you can swim, snorkel and laze on white sands and help release turtles into the wild
- Though the chef has the lightest of touches, it's easy to over-indulge in all the scrumptious food!
- This sheltered little cove gets hot. Really hot. Siestas are definitely the order of the day
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- 10 rooms
- Half-board stays (B&D)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Beach Nearby
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Car not necessary
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Bicycles Available
Italian cool dominates the 9 Ocean View lodges and first-floor Family Lodge Suite. Interiors are cream, white and grey, with bleached floors, muslin curtains around the bed, and oversized furniture. Throw in teak sculptures and massive driftwood side-tables and you’ve found a joyous tropical pulse. All the lodges have semi-private outdoor chill-out spaces (high walls would kill the view, so it's a price worth paying), with half-ceilings beautifully framing the sky, and pillars framing the ocean.
The bathrooms are bliss – a curvy tub on a pebbled platform and an outdoor rain-shower to refresh your spirits (and your best singing voice). We adored the abundant Acqua di Parma toiletries, the sumptuous bed linen, and the ample dressing area for all those floaty clothes.
In-room gadgets include a Nespresso machine, a PlayStation (on request), Apple TV, Bose speakers and an iPad from which you can book a spa or order a juice without even leaving your bed.
- In room treatments available
- Mosquito net
- Safe box
Food is directed by talented Indonesian chef Jiwa Raga, and served at the fine-dining yet cosy Flavors restaurant, and the L’Osteria Lombok (traditional Italian). The beach bar also offers delectable cocktails and tasty light bites.
For breakfast and lunch, you can eat anywhere you choose on the estate. Expect to be spoiled! Breakfast is a la carte: choose from the super-healthy menu (fresh-pressed detox juices, cauliflower and quinoa curry, avocado and smoked salmon on spinach) or extravagant specials: crunchy croque monsieur, Eggs Benedict, even grilled barramundi.
The inventive menus at dinner are further evidence of Jiwa's magic. Served on the lantern-lit garden terrace, each little plate of deliciousness is tailored to suit your dietary needs: my mahi-mahi with lemongrass was perfect - so simple and clean - while my companion’s tiny pork ribs in soy and ginger merited their own post on Instagram.
- Coffee maker
- Lunch by arrangement
- Room service
- The hotel's Frangipani Spa is a must. Five therapists provide a wonderful array of treatments, including charcoal facials, Balinese massages, body wraps, Rinjani hot stone treatments and O.P.I manicures and pedicures
- Exploring Lombok is another must. A variety of scenic and cultural day tours can be arranged: visit a traditional "Sasak" village to see indigenous life up close, trek to magnificent Mount Rinjani - Indonesia's second highest volcano - which has a stunning crater lake, or visit Lombok's holiest site, Lingsar Temple, a fine example of Hindu and Muslim traditions coexisting in harmony
- Relax on Bagno Di Gili, the hotel's private palm tree-backed white coral sand beach on the beautiful north-west coast of Gili Meno, which has luxury gazebos (each with two sunbeds and chairs), and elegant sitting areas. Situated at Turtle Point, a perfect reef for snorkelling; you can also go horse riding and hire a kayak
- Release turtles from the Gili Meno Turtle Nursery (donations welcome)
- Learn to cook Indonesian food in an open-air one-to-one lesson
- Take a surf lesson half an hour away in Senggigi, or join a private PADI or group-diving course
- Enjoy daily early morning yoga, or have a workout in the hotel's brand-new gym which is equipped with state-of-the-art fitness equipment
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Cooking classes
- Horse riding
- Jet skiing
- Scuba diving courses
Families are welcome and children of all ages are catered for. PlayStations are available to borrow and the kitchen is able to cope with the finickiest of eaters (there are special kids' menus). Older children will love the rock pools on the shoreline, the mountain bikes and the opportunity to 'breakfast with the dolphins'!
Family friendly accommodation:
There are 2 luxurious Family Lodge Suites, with either 2 or 3 ensuite bedrooms. They have a completely private outdoor terrace, a lounge and dining space, and the best views in the hotel.
1 Luxury Lodge Suite and 1 Panoramic Lodge Ocean View is available for twin set up.
Kids Activities on site:
Swimming pool, watersports
Families Should Know:
The swimming pool is 1.6m deep and unfenced, and there's no lifeguard, so you will need to be vigilant with little ones
- Airport: Lombok (65km)
- Shop: 25km
- Hospital: 33km
The Lombok Lodge is set on a small peninsula in northwest of Lombok, just over an hour (70-90 minutes) by car from Lombok International airport. The island’s low-key main resorts of Sengiggi are a 30-minute drive south.
Lombok International Airport is served by several international flights, or head to Bali's Denpasar Ngurah Rai Airport for a wider range of options. You can also fly to Jakarta's Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, then travel overland or take a connecting flight to Lombok.
From the airport
The Lombok Lodge can arrange a chauffeur pick-up from Lombok airport.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
- Lombok International Airport 65.0 km LOP
- Beach 0.1 km
- Shops 25.0 km
- Restaurant 25.0 km