“A stunning destination hotel on Lombok with 9 designer lodges, excellent food and generous hosts; day trip to the Gili Islands in 10 minutes”
There are just 9 striking cubist lodges, plus a flexible 2-3 bedroom family suite, all with their own outdoor seating areas built to showcase the luminous views. Sharp, well-lit bathrooms with open-air showers invite serenades to the moon as you lather up with the finest Hermes toiletries. Soulful guests can head to the hotel’s jetty to watch the magnificent volcano, Mount Rinjani, blush at dawn, then back to bed till you’re ready for breakfast, which can be served at any time and any place you please. How civilised is that? The Indo fusion food is downright gorgeous, and you’ll meet executive chef Jiwa and personable manager Pak Mangsur at each night’s convivial 5-course dinner. Whether you're a solo traveller, family, honeymooner or independent couple, you will happily recharge your batteries at this absolutely splendid destination hotel.
Information provided by The Lombok Lodge on 11/01/2021.
Cleaning and hygiene
All staff members’ temperatures are checked before entering the premises. All guests’ points of contact such as tables, chairs, sofas, bar counter, bar stools and menus are sanitised every morning and after each guest use. All other areas such as toilets, door handles, kitchen surfaces, electronic devices, etc are sanitised every hour. All staff members wear masks. The Lombok Lodge Specialised Care Kit including Hand Sanitisers and Masks provided with compliments to every in-house guest. No back-to-back usage of rooms to allow for deeper sanitation practices and changing of pillow protectors and mattress pads between each guest.
Food and drink
Contactless In-Room Dining & Private Dining Options available.
New reservations made for stays till September 2021 – can be postponed at any time without any cancellation fee.
Contactless payments. Paperless Policy; Room Directory, Room-Service Menus, Spa Menu & Activity Menu by QR Codes and The Lombok Lodge Hotel Application through your own device.
- Rates include a healthy breakfast, indulgent afternoon teas and a stunning 5-course dinner (tailored to your tastes)...
- ...and the truly superb Indo-fusion food is created by one of the best chefs we’ve come across in Indonesia
- Flawless service by discreet, insightful staff
- The many lovely treats and extras, which are on-the-house and replaced without question, which feels like you’re staying with good friends
- Unlike Bali, Lombok is largely untouched by tourism and has has a distinct culture. You can explore indigenous villages, visit Hindu and Muslim places of worship, and the hotel can arrange treks to Mount Rinjani volcano and its sacred lake
- The local beach is rocky, so it's not the best place for a swim in the sea. But there’s a huge infinity pool, and they have a private beach on Gili Meno, where you can swim, snorkel and laze on white sands and help release turtles into the wild
- Though the chef has the lightest of touches, it's easy to over-indulge in all the scrumptious food!
- This sheltered little cove gets hot. Really hot. Siestas are definitely the order of the day
- Be aware there is a strict cancellation policy
- Boutique Hotel
- 10 rooms
- Half-board stays (B&D)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Creche / Kids Club
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Bicycles Available
Italian cool dominates the 9 Ocean View lodges and first-floor family suite. Interiors are cream, white and grey, with bleached floors, muslin curtains around the bed, and oversized furniture. Throw in teak sculptures and massive driftwood side-tables and you’ve found a joyous tropical pulse. All the lodges have semi-private outdoor chill-out spaces (high walls would kill the view, so it's a price worth paying), with half-ceilings beautifully framing the sky, and pillars framing the ocean.
The bathrooms are bliss – make-up mirrors with great lighting (a rarity), a curvy tub on a pebbled platform, and an outdoor rain-shower to refresh your spirits (and your best singing voice). We adored the abundant Hermes toiletries, the sumptuous bed linen, and the ample dressing area for all those floaty clothes.
In-room gadgets include a Nespresso machine, a PlayStation (on request), Apple TV, and an iPad from which you can book a spa or order a juice without even leaving your bed.
Since our visit, the Gili Meno Eco Cottage on the hotel's blissful Bagno di Gili private beach has been added. A cosy and romantic hideaway for 2 with a private outdoor shower, rates include breakfast and dinner for 2 served by your private butler.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- DVD player
- Ipod dock
- Mosquito net
- Safe box
- Smart TV
- Swimming pool
Food is directed by talented Indonesian chef Jiwa Raga, and served at the fine-dining yet cosy Flavors restaurant, and the L’Osteria Lombok (traditional Italian). A beach bistro & bar also offers delectable cocktails and tasty light bites.
For breakfast and lunch, you can eat anywhere you choose on the estate. Expect to be spoiled! Breakfast is a la carte: choose from the super-healthy menu (fresh-pressed detox juices, cauliflower and quinoa curry, avocado and smoked salmon on spinach) or extravagant specials: crunchy croque monsieur, Eggs Benedict, even grilled barramundi. It’s so good you may have to force yourself to order the complimentary afternoon tea later on.
The inventive 5-course tasting menu at dinner is further evidence of Jiwa's magic. Served on the lantern-lit garden terrace, each little plate of deliciousness is tailored to suit your dietary needs: my mahi-mahi with lemongrass was perfect - so simple and clean - while my companion’s tiny pork ribs in soy and ginger merited their own post on Instagram.
- Children's meals
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Lunch by arrangement
- Room service
- The hotel's Frangipani Spa is a must. Five therapists provide a wonderful array of treatments, including Shiseido facials, Balinese massages, body wraps, hot stone treatments and OPI manicures and pedicures
- Exploring Lombok is another must. A variety of scenic and cultural day tours can be arranged: visit a traditional "Sasak" village to see indigenous life up close, trek to magnificent Mount Rinjani - Indonesia's second highest volcano - which has a stunning crater lake, or visit Lombok's holiest site, Lingsar Temple, a fine example of Hindu and Muslim traditions coexisting in harmony
- Relax on Bagno Di Gili, the hotel's private palm tree-backed white coral sand beach on the beautiful north-west coast of Gili Meno, which has luxury gazebos (each with two sunbeds and chairs), and elegant sitting areas. Situated at Turtle Point, a perfect reef for snorkelling; you can also go horse riding and hire SUPs
- Release turtles from the Gili Meno Turtle Nursery (donations welcome)
- Grab a hotel kayak and paddle in the Bali Sea; Gili Air has an impressively restored reef
- Learn to cook Indonesian food in an open-air one-to-one lesson. Or book your own fully-staffed private beach BBQ at Bagno Di Gili - it's super romantic
- Take a surf lesson half an hour away in Senggigi, or join a private PADI or group-diving course
- Enjoy daily early morning yoga, or have a workout in the hotel's brand-new gym which is equipped with state-of-the-art fitness equipment
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Cooking classes
- Mountain biking
- Plantlife / flora
- Private guided tours
- Scuba diving
- Scuba diving courses
- Stand Up Paddleboarding
- Traditional cultures
- Turtle hatchery
- Well being
Best Time to go
Our Top Tips
The Lombok Lodge is set on a small peninsula in northwest of Lombok, just over an hour (70-90 minutes) by car from Lombok International airport. The island’s low-key main resorts of Sengiggi are a 30-minute drive south.
Lombok International Airport is served by several international flights. You can also fly to Jakarta's Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, then travel overland or take a connecting flight to Lombok.
From the airport
The Lombok Lodge can arrange a chauffeur pick-up from Lombok airport.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
- Lombok International Airport 65.0 km LOP
- Beach 0.1 km
- Shops 25.0 km
- Restaurant 25.0 km