“Bijou and stunningly beautiful beach hideaway with wide ocean views, 3 minutes' walk from Famara's sand & surf (sleeps 2-4)”
But active types and families with older kids will love it just as much. Famara Beach is brilliant for surfing, kitesurfing and windsurfing, or you can hire bikes to explore Lanzarote's volcanic landscapes. When the sun goes down, walk to excellent seafood restaurants at the low-key seaside village of La Caleta de Famara or whip up dinner in the kitchen and eat in your private rock garden surrounded by cacti. This is a sophisticated but funky bolthole, and a true one-off.
- A peaceful and beautifully designed hideaway, far from Lanzarote's madding crowds (and even further from its cheap and tacky image)
- Dreamy ocean views from the terrace, and a short stroll from quiet Famara Beach (surf heaven)
- La Caleta's shops and restaurants are just 2km away
- The owner (who lives next door) is wonderful and will provide superb bespoke service, or space and silence if you need it
- Ideal for romantic getaways: the privacy of your own place but all the styling of a boutique hotel
- You'll need a car to get here and for stocking up with supplies at the local supermarket
- As usual on Lanzarote, there's no pool, but there's a fabulous marbled outdoor bath complete with mood lighting!
- This part of the coast has strong currents and can be windy; other nearby beaches are better for paddling or swimming
- The second double bedroom is tiny but fine for kids
- A 5-night minimum stay
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Beach Villa
- 2 bedrooms
- Self-catering, restaurants nearby
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Weekly cleaning
The master bedroom has sleek Lanzarote styling - whitewashed walls dotted with black volcanic rocks - plus blue ceiling beams and green timber doors. There’s plenty of wardrobe space and a digital safe. The second bedroom has a double bed that has to be clambered onto as there’s no surrounding floor space. It’s probably too confined for another adult couple but kids would find it fun (so long as they're happy to share a bed). The shared bathroom has a skylight and a walk-in shower.
The bright, open-plan living area offers ocean views through patio doors and has mood lighting, a high-quality sound system and an interesting collection of coffee-table books. The chunky round dining table with Charles Bentley cone chairs is just big enough to seat 4. We particularly liked the fully integrated kitchen with its designer cutlery and crockery.
Outside, an impressive patio and cacti-studded garden provide a covered outdoor dining area, a volcanic stone shower (also with mood lighting!) and a bath tub sunken into a gleaming white sundeck with views of the ocean and cliffs.
- Coffee maker
- Ipod dock
- Safe box
- Washing machine
The modern kitchen is well-equipped with everything you'd need to whip up a feast. Basic ingredients are provided (tea, coffee, etc) plus there's an honesty bar (Luc can stock you up with beer, wines and spirits; just request in advance). We loved eating out on the terrace with its stunning sea views, or you can retreat indoors if it gets chilly.
A short drive away (or 20-minute walk along the beach), La Caleta de Famara is a traditional Spanish fishing village with a small supermarket, a great oceanfront seafood restaurant (El Risco) and a handful of casual eateries. Families will like La Bartola pizzeria, and Sol, which has a terrace on the sand. Luc will gladly make table reservations on your behalf.
- Children's meals
- Coffee maker
- Restaurants nearby
- Basic ingredients
- This is a perfect spot for extreme chilling. Otherwise...
- Surfing, kitesurfing and windsurfing are 3 mins' walk away; there are various surf schools and outlets for hiring equipment
- Families will enjoy Playa de las Cucharas in Costa Teguise (30km), which has golden sand and shallow water
- Luc can organise bike rental so you can explore the island on 2 wheels
- Hike across the lunar landscape of Timanfaya National Park, created by volcanic activity (30km away)
- Sample local wines in the nearby wine region La Geria; take a vineyard tour to learn about the unusual practices involved in growing vines in a seemingly inhospitable terrain
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Mountain biking
- Plantlife / flora
- Private guided tours
- Shopping / markets
- Wine tasting
Children are welcome and Luc will provide toys and games. Bear in mind there can be dangerous rip currents off Famara Beach and swimming/bathing is not advised. If you've got young children, it's worth driving to Costa Teguise where the beaches have have fine golden sand shelving gently into the sea and plenty of family-friendly facilities.
Family friendly accommodation:
The second bedroom is suitable for one or 2 young children sharing a bed. Baby cots available at extra cost
Kids cutlery and crockery can be supplied on request as can a blender and high chair
Kids Activities on site:
- Age-appropriate books and toys on request
- Board games
- Wooden blocks
- Walking Luc's dog
Kids Activities nearby:
- The beach
- Aqua park and animal park about 20km away
Families Should Know:
Both bedrooms have a double bed. The garden has lots of cacti. The ocean at Famara has rip currents so is not recommended for swimming, head to the village for to swim in their small safe lagoon
- Airport: 28km (Arrecife)
- Restaurants: 2km (La Caleta de Famara)
- Pharmacy: 20km (La Villa de Teguise)
The villa is set in a gated, residential complex 3 minutes' walk from Playa de Famara in northern Lanzarote. It’s 20 minutes on foot from shops and restaurants, and 30 minutes' drive from the airport.
Lanzarote’s only airport, Arrecife (28km away), is served by a wide range of scheduled, budget and charter flights - click on the links below for a list.
From the Airport
Car hire is essential for getting here, doing supermarket shops and taking advantage of all the island has to offer. You can park outside the villa for free.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
More on getting to Lanzarote and getting around
- Arrecife 28.0 km ACE
- Beach 0.5 km
- Shops 2.0 km
- Restaurant 2.0 km