A collection of super-swish pool villas (for 4-8) with ocean views, set close to a surfing beach just north of Lisbon, with hotel facilities on site”
You’ll also have access to the hotel facilities. On site there’s a spa and a smart restaurant (both adult-only), as well as a greenhouse where breakfast is served, and a vegetable patch that supplies the produce. Join a yoga class - kids classes also on offer - or grab one of the free bikes and zip down to the beach, where the surf is fantastic. Loll about on the sand, gaze at the sunset, then head back to your villa for a poolside barbecue – ask the staff to prepare supplies ready for your return - or an evening huddled together around the firepit, soaking up the soothing, boho vibes of this wild and wonderful stretch of Portuguese coast.
- Villas are extremely high spec and architecturally stunning, with influences from nature and the surrounding environment
- All villas have private pools (vary in size) and an abundance of space inside for families and groups to spread out
- Located on a quiet and unspoilt stretch of coast just north of Lisbon, with uninterrupted views over pine trees and out to sea
- Pleasingly eco-friendly: solar panels, geothermal heating and cooling systems, produce grown on site, recycling, composting and more
- Areias do Seixo is expanding so there is currently construction work taking place nearby - most stays won't be impacted but check when booking to ensure your villa is away from the disturbance
- Kids (under 16) aren’t allowed in the on-site restaurant, but all villas have kitchens and there are other options for eating out
- These design-led villas have bags of style but not so much in the way of practicality – kids should take care when using open staircases
- There’s no A/C – and no real need for it thanks to the cooling sea breeze and fans in rooms
- Although it's close to Lisbon, and airport transfers are available, you'll want a hire car to get around
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Beach Villas
- 18 villas for 4-8
- Self-catering; restaurant nearby
- All ages welcome
- Closed: Mid Nov-mid March
- Outdoor Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Bicycles Available
All villas are spectacular inside. Their design incorporates a sense of the natural elements – earth, water, fire, air and space. Expect natural materials and textures, earthy tones, polished concrete, huge panels of glass and show-stopping lights, as well as ultra-modern fixtures and fittings and eclectic wall art. Each villa has a living room with a feature fireplace, comfy sofas and floor-to-ceiling windows; a full kitchen; a private dining and BBQ terrace; and a private swimming/plunge pool.
Top-of-the-range Blue Superior Villas and Blue Villas are detached and boast the biggest pools and the widest sea views. Green Superior Villas and Green Villas are semi-detached, and the Superiors have sea views. Townhouses are the most budget-friendly option, being smaller and having the least open views – but they are no less stylish. Most of the villas sleep six in three bedrooms - two ensuite doubles and one ensuite twin. Blue Superiors have additional double rooms, so these villas can sleep eight guests in total.
In order to preserve the local environment, the villas are not air conditioned, but all have fans as well as smart heating and cooling systems beneath their floors.
- Swimming pool
Villas have full kitchens and dining spaces, as well as barbecue terraces for dining alfresco. Kitchens are equipped with coffee- and tea-making facilities, fridge-freezers, hobs, ovens and microwaves.
Breakfast is served at the greenhouse, and it’s a decadent buffet of fresh fruit, regional produce, cheeses and homemade cakes, plus eggs to order. For lunch, request a picnic basket and take it down to the beach with you. You’ll get wine and sangria (alcohol-free version available for kids), salads and sandwiches made with produce from the garden, cheese platters, hummus, and fresh fruit skewers.
The Areias do Seixo hotel has a fine-dining restaurant which is open to villa guests, but it’s adults only. If you’re here with kids, or if you’re not keen on cooking, enjoy the restaurant’s meal delivery service or the outdoor barbecue at the Family Village.
Alternatively, you can catch the free shuttle down the road to Noah Surf House, which has a family-friendly restaurant, or stroll to Física beach (2 minutes) and dine at Noah Beach House. It boasts a terrace with a laid-back vibe and stunning sunset views. Local products and fish from the Portuguese coast are the stars of its menu.
- Full kitchen
- Meal delivery service
- Restaurants nearby
- Chill out in luxury. Dip in your private pool, have a treatment at the spa, cook a barbecue in the garden, then take drinks out to the fire circle and watch the stars
- Go surfing or paddleboarding. Lessons are available to book via the villas' booking department
- Borrow some of the bikes and explore independently
- Book one of the experiences: Try a morning of fishing/mussel harvesting and then cook your own lunch, or experience working in the organic garden and kitchen
- There are treasure hunts and discovery treks for kids, as well as games and challenges for family fun
- Join a yoga session – times will be chalked up in reception
- Spend an afternoon in the well-preserved medieval town of Obidos, 25 minutes away, with its winding streets and whitewashed houses
- Take a day trip to Lisbon. Portugal's capital is only half an hour away by car; explore the Design Museum and Gulbenkian modern art galleries, then stop for an espresso and a custard tart.
Activities on site or nearby include:
Children of all ages are welcome in the villas, but the layouts and unfenced pools don't lend themselves to accommodating small children. On the upside, there are lots of family-friendly activities to get involved in, and being so close to the dunes and beach makes the setting great fun for all.
Children (4-12 years), Teens (over 12)
Family friendly accommodation:
All villas work for families. Most have three bedrooms, some (Blue Superiors) have four, with a mixture of doubles and twins. They have full kitchens for self-catering, living areas, private outdoor spaces, and swimming pools (unfenced) - pools in the Blue categories are larger.
Kids Activities on site:
- Treasure hunts
- Nature treks
- Pedal go-karts
Families Should Know:
The villas have open staircases, hard floors and unfenced pools. Under 16s are not allowed in the hotel restaurant or spa. The villas are located across the road from the main hotel, so kids should take when near the road.
- Supermarket: 5 mins' drive
- Hospital: 20 mins' drive
- Airport: 45 mins' drive
Areias do Seixo is south of Peniche on the west coast of Portugal, about 45 minutes north of Lisbon.
Lisbon (45 mins' drive) is the closest airport, with a wide range of flights.
From the airport
We strongly recommend hiring a car. The villas are not accessible by public transport. An airport transfer is available to book.
Detailed directions will be sent when you book through i-escape.
- Lisbon Portela 46.0 km LIS
- Porto 300.0 km OPO
- Beach 0.2 km
- Shops 3.0 km
- Restaurant 3.0 km