“An elegantly restored noble residence in the charming historic centre of Palma’s old town, with a rooftop terrace and dipping pool”
Hotel Antigua Palma's location makes it a superb base if you’re keen to have all the city’s main attractions within an easy stroll. After a day’s sightseeing, tired limbs can be soaked and steamed in a bookable spa area, while a rooftop terrace provides a splash pool, push-button drinks service, and cityscape vistas. Over the warmer months, dining also goes al fresco with seasonal menus inspired by traditional Mallorcan fare. When you’re ready to turn in, each of the 27 guest rooms and suites is a haven of calm, with soothing tones and top-end comforts providing a peaceful night’s slumber in Palma’s medieval heart.
Information provided by Hotel Antigua Palma on 09/07/2020.
Cleaning and hygiene
Hand sanitiser available in guest accommodation and key areas. First Aid kit available. Guest health checks and safety protocols in place. Guest accommodation disinfected between stays. Additional cleaning procedures including laundry and linen.
Screens/physical barriers in place between staff and guests. Stationery such as printed menus removed.
Food and drink
Buffet layout changed to respect social distancing. 24 hour room service available.
48 hour cancellation policy.
- A beautifully restored 18th-century building with a genuine sense of history
- Tiered rooftop terraces with dipping pool, sun loungers and cityscape views
- Soundproofed rooms with spacious beds and 24-hour room service
- Free spa session for i-escape guests, with plunge pool, sauna and sensation shower – perfect for couples
- Most of Palma’s historic sights and shopping are within easy strolling distance
- The grown-up vibe may not be ideal for families with smaller kids
- Some of the guest rooms only have views to the inner courtyard
- The rooftop pool is a welcome treat, but a little on the shallow side
- Breakfast, where not included, can be pricey
- No evening meals available. There are dozens of eateries on your doorstep in Palma
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- Restaurant (breakfast and lunch only) and bar
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Laundry service
The 27 rooms and suites vary in layout, with some features dictated by the original building such as high ceilings and thick timber beams. Decor is consistent, with natural woods, cream tones, and aged brass combining for an effect that feels both timeless and contemporary.
Glass panelled wardrobes store fluffy robes and slippers, while walk-in rainfall showers come stocked with quality Loewe toiletries. Beds are big and firm, with back-lit headboards and handy bedside USB ports. Pull-out minibars provide a good mix of premium tipples, while the room service menu is available around the clock.
We loved sipping a morning brew from the in-room coffee machine while watching the street life from our Deluxe Room balcony. We were also impressed by how quiet it was when the doors were sealed. For couples looking for a romantic bolthole, the Palma Suite includes an original coffered ceiling and roll-top soaking tub – though rates are certainly a splurge.
- Air conditioning
- Safe box
During our winter stay, we lunched in the hotel’s vaulted 17th-century basement, a wonderfully snug space perfect for an intimate meal. The Sa Cuina del Antigua's menu draws much of its inspiration from traditional Mallorcan cooking with other flavours borrowed from around the Mediterranean. Dishes like slow-cooked suckling pig and sea bass with black rice were hearty and flavourful.
The warmer months see the ‘Terracotta’ restaurant open on the hotel's rooftop, offering a more varied selection that includes tapas and light bites for lunch.
Breakfast is also a treat, offering a cold buffet of fresh fruits, yoghurts, cold cuts and traditional pastries, supplemented with cooked-to-order options such as eggs benedict or pancakes. Breakfast smoothies can be whipped up on request.
During the day, the Antigua Bar is a lovely place to enjoy tapas and a selection of Spanish wines. Later in the afternoon, it transforms into a more intimate space, with a selection of coffees, teas and liqueurs.
As there are countless restaurants and cafés in the neighbourhood for eating out, dinner is not served in the hotel - ask staff for recommendations.
- Restaurants nearby
- Room service
- Some of Palma’s main historical sights are just minutes away on foot, including the iconic cathedral and ancient Arab baths
- Shopaholics will find an excellent pick of fashion boutiques and designer brands on Passeig de Born, just over 5 minutes away
- If you’re feeling lazy, the hotel’s roof terrace offers a blissful choice of lounging areas and a small pool to cool off in
- Want to feel sand between your toes? Palma's Can Pere Antoni beach is a 10-minute stroll away
- Further along the coast - a pleasant 30-minute stroll - is the former fishing village of Portixol, whose cafés and restaurants overlook a pretty bay
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Museums / galleries
- Shopping / markets
- Well being
- Wine tasting
While the hotel certainly accommodates younger guests, family-friendly lodging is limited and there’s nothing in the way of facilities catering to kids. Hotel Antigua Palma is best suited for couples and adults.
Family friendly accommodation:
There’s one Family Suite, with separate rooms connected by a hallway and two bathrooms. Cots are also available for babies and small children.
- Airport: 20 minutes' drive
- Hospital: 10 minutes' drive
- Shops: 2 minutes' walk
Hotel Antigua Palma is located in the medieval centre of Palma, Mallorca's capital.
Fly to Palma de Mallorca (12.5km).
From the Airport
A taxi takes about 20 minutes depending on traffic. The hotel can arrange a transfer if you prefer (for an additional cost). Alternatively, airport buses take around 30 minutes and stop at Plaça de la Porta del Camp, an 8-minute walk from the hotel.
You won't want a car for exploring Palma itself, but if you're exploring the island, see our car rental recommendations.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.
- Palma de Mallorca Airport 12.5 km PMI
- Beach 1.0 km
- Shops 0.1 km
- Restaurant 0.1 km