“A micro-resort for just 3 families, close to beautiful Med beaches and a hop from the Spanish border (mainly self-catering)”
It’s a home from home with 300 days of sunshine thrown in, and more: babysitting and exercise classes, plus bi-weekly adult dinners in school holidays. Also, well-equipped kitchens for self-catering other meals, “heavenly" hot-stone massages and, because it’s so small and so relaxed, friends on tap. Picturesque Collioure is an easy drive, Spain and Girona are over the border. Closer by, safe sandy beaches abound - Canet Plage is an 8-minute drive - and there are bikes and beach kit to borrow.
- Run by a “wonderful English duo” with children of their own
- Peaceful, charming and gated grounds
- Combines every advantage of a family-friendly resort with an intimate, small-scale feel
- The opportunity for 'you' time, with free babysitting on Tuesdays and Thursdays, free fitness classes, and Pilates instruction and massages on offer
- A superb location: 20 minutes from Perpignan airport, 8 minutes from beaches
- Prices rise dramatically in the summer due to high demand (but they also include a few meals, baby-sitters etc)
- A 7-night minimum stay with Sat changeovers in school holidays (4 nights recommended at other times) and a strict payment policy
- The accommodation, though fresh, cheerful and excellently equipped, is not for stylistas
- You'll need a car for day trips and to reach restaurants
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Resort
- 5 apartments for 2-4/5, villa for 2-5
- Mostly self-catering; restaurants a drive away
- All ages welcome
- Closed: 1 Oct 2021 - 31 Mar 2022
- Heated Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Bicycles Available
- Daily cleaning in peak season
Flamant Rose (sleeping 2-5) is a restored two-storey Catalan stone villa with two glass entrance arches leading to the large kitchen-diner on the ground floor. Upstairs are the three bedrooms - a double with its own ensuite bathroom with a tub and shower, a twin sharing the family shower bathroom with a single bedroom. There's also a large private enclosed courtyard garden with a terrace.
Aigrette (sleeping 2-4) is a maisonette on the upper floors of a restored Catalan vine workers’ house. It has 3 bedrooms (master and 2 singles), a large living area and a covered corner balcony with a sofa and wonderful vineyard views.
Hoopoe (sleeping 2-4) is also on the upper floor and boasts a huge terrace perfectly positioned for sunsets over the Pyrenees. The light-filled kitchen-diner-living space leads into the master bedroom and twin bedroom.
Oriole (sleeping 2-5) is a 3-bedroom garden flat with a double, a twin and a single and is the closest apartment to the pools. The open-plan living/dining/kitchen has large glass windows for maximum light; there's a large terrace too.
Buzzard (sleeping 2-4) is a 2-bedroom garden flat (master and twin) with balustrade terraces and a bright modern kitchen. The terrace at the front opens onto the main courtyard, while the garden at the rear opens to the play park and pool.
Cormoran (sleeping 2-4) is another 2-bedroom garden flat (double and twin), with views to the Pyrenees. It’s lovely and light inside, and benefits from a big bright kitchen with red units and a walk-in shower room with a pebble floor. It has a spacious terrace with a cover for shade.
Don’t expect robes and slippers. Do expect comfortable beds, a choice of pillows and great showers. Also, washing machines, dishwashers, Nespresso machines, adaptor plugs, even GPS for your car.
- Air conditioning
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- DVD player
- Food blender
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Safe box
- Washing machine
From July-mid-September croissants, fresh coffee and orange juice
is served in the breakfast room at 9 o’clock daily, and a complimentary adult dinner (often paella) is hosted by Emma and Phil on their roof terrace on Mondays, so you can enjoy a fun ‘night out’. On Wednesdays there's a barbecue lunch with wine included. The food has been described as "delicious". In addition, guests receive yummy fresh stone-baked pizza from the wood-fired pizza oven and a bottle of wine on Fridays. Sunday nights are baked potato nights. In the school summer holidays you'll find a snack meal in your apartment as you arrive.
In May Imagine Roussillon is mainly self-catering, whereas in June breakfast and a pizza evening are laid on. In all seasons there are top-quality frozen meals available for purchase on-site.
The apartment kitchens are well kitted out for self-catering, with crockery, equipment, basic ingredients and a barbecue. There are grocery shops nearby, along with plenty of family-friendly restaurants, if you'd prefer to eat out. Kids will love cycling to the Pizza Van (homemade pizzas down the road), and Emma and Phil recommend various beachfront eateries such as Temple Bar, Maya and the “unmissable” Bamboo House. On Tuesdays and Thursdays babysitting is free so you can go out for an adult meal.
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Food blender
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- English-speaking caretaker
- Start the day with a dynamic stretch: Emma’s a Pilates instructor, a guru on all things personal fitness, and an excellent masseuse (in peak season you get one massage per booking)
- The list of on-site activities is delightful. Relax by the pool as the little ones splash; watch them trampoline, play table tennis, zipwire or bounce around in the playground
- Have a drink in the lovely garden bar
- Chateau de Rey, a family-run winery, is next door, with an authentic Catalan tasting shop a 20-minute walk through the vines. There are giant oak vats for kids to play in while you sample
- Sandy beaches with safe shallow waters are close, starting with Canet Plage, an 8-minute drive. Beachfront restaurants abound; ask Emma and Phil to recommend and book a table for lunch or an early supper
- Perpignan, the fiercely proud centre of French Catalonia, is just 15 minutes' away - note the road signs in both languages. The old town is lovely, with masses of history and Catalan restaurants
- Visit the old fishing village of Collioure (28km). A lesser-known version of St Tropez, its charm is still intact
- Cross the border into Spain for Costa Brava beaches and historic, tranquil Girona
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Historical sites
- Shopping / markets
- Well being
- Wine tasting
This resort is aimed at families with children of all ages, but is particularly geared towards 2-10s. The free kids' club (open 6 days a week) comes in for much praise. Staff are enthusiastic, professional and very friendly; activities include gardening, dancing, arts, crafts and outdoor games.
Babies (0-1 years), Toddlers (1-4 years), Children (4-12 years)
Family friendly accommodation:
Flamant Rose Villa has two floors, three bedrooms (sleeping 2-5 plus a baby) and a private courtyard garden and terrace. Buzzard and Cormoran are ground-floor flats, sleeping 2-4 plus a baby; Oriole is also on the ground floor but has an extra single bedroom so sleeps up to 5. Aigrette is an upper-floor maisonette sleeping 2-4 plus a baby, Hoopoe an upper-floor apartment with a large terrace for 2-4.
One evening babysitting session per week included in the rates - usually either a Tuesday or a Thursday; other times on request
A good mobile signal and video baby monitors to borrow
- Cots and bedding
- Bed guards
- Stair gates
- Night light
- Baby bath
- Bottle warming
- High chairs
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids Activities on site:
- Age-appropriate toy box in each apartment
- Bikes for all the family
- Heated pool and splash pool (plus shade)
- Games room
- Library of books and DVDs
- Zip wire
- Mini putting green
- Buckets, spades and beach umbrellas to borrow
Kids Activities nearby:
- Play parks
- Water parks
- Go karting
- High-ropes day out
- Airport: 20 mins' drive (Perpignan)
- Hospital: 20 mins' drive
- Shops: 5 mins' drive
Imagine Roussillon lies in beautiful countryside 15 minutes from Perpignan, in the Languedoc-Roussillon region of southern France.
Perpignan is the closest airport, 20 minutes away. Carcassonne, Beziers and Girona are 85 minutes by car; Montpellier and Toulouse are a little further. You can even fly into Barcelona El Prat (140 mins) and stay a night there either side of your stay, to take advantage of better flight times and prices. Click on the links below for a list of airlines serving these airports.
You'll need a car: see our rental recommendations.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
More on getting to France and getting around
- Perpignan Rivesaltes 18.0 km PGF
- Carcassonne 130.0 km CCF
- Beach 7.0 km
- Shops 5.0 km
- Restaurant 5.0 km