“Luxurious, adults-only hotel with heart-stopping views, an infinity pool and 10 seriously spoiling suites – cameras at the ready!”
Perfectly positioned to take in this panorama, Katouna Suites stands high and mighty in a very neat and modern-looking building. The design is contemporary chic, the vibe is cool and calming. Trendy couples will love it. Sibling owners Paula and Giorgos are young and full of energy, and their passion for the place is infectious. Five pairs of suites are stacked one on top of other – and needless to say, the higher up you go, the better that view gets. Inside, the interiors are smart and polished; Paula has a background in refurbishment so you can expect cutting-edge design. Down below, there’s a stunning 23-metre infinity pool ringed by four-poster daybeds, a spa, and a pool bar that plays chill-out music. But best of all, the secret of Katouna's beauty isn’t yet out. A true undiscovered gem – come before it’s too late!
- Breathtaking panoramas from every room
- Very cool and laidback – the staff are young and fun, and the vibe is hip
- Really beautiful rooms with designer interiors, beds positioned to take in the views and private furnished terraces
- The setting is extremely quiet and serene, yet there’s a village within walking distance for eating out
- Breakfasts, served poolside, are a delight
- The rooms are in a building that looks a little block-ish, but architecturally it’s quite striking
- You’ll need to drive to get to the nearest beach
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Hotel
- Breakfast + walk to restaurants
- Adults only (over 18s)
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Concierge Service
There are ten suites altogether, with two on each level. Generally, their style is similar, but the layout differs slightly. All rooms face the sea and have their own private terraces with seating. There's also an indoor seating area, plus a smart kitchenette. The colour palette is neutral so as not to detract from the view, and the bathrooms look very slick with lots of grey marble.
At the bottom of the block are the Junior Suites (Desimi and Alatro). These are the lowest grade rooms but are no less spoiling. Their terraces have the most comfortable loungers of all rooms, but they are overlooked by the pool so feel a little less private. From here, the higher up you go, the more expensive it gets – you pay for that view. I stayed in a Penthouse Suite (Katouna) and wanted to spend all day gazing out at sea from its enormous bed.
Other spoiling extras include Nespresso machines, Bluetooth speakers, oversized wardrobes and lovely scented Korres toiletries.
- Air conditioning
- Bluetooth sound system
- Coffee / tea making
- Hob or stove
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Safe box
Breakfast at Katouna is a delight. You dine at the shaded poolside tables, overlooking the sea. Fresh fruit and granola with Greek yoghurt and honey plus a selection of mini pastries come first, and then your choice of tea or coffee is brought to you. Save room for the cooked option, which is different each day – when I was there it was creamy poached eggs with smoked salmon.
The bar also serves light options, like salads or Greek specialties, for lunch/dinner, but there is no formal menu. You’ll probably want to head out to eat, though there are plans in place for occasional communal barbecues and other themed dinner evenings.
Katouna Village is within walking distance and there are some lovely little tavernas. Ask staff for their recommendations - we hear that Kollokas and Tramezzo are particularly good.
- Coffee / tea making
- Hob or stove
- Lunch by arrangement
- Restaurants nearby
- Hit the beach. The closest is Lygia (seven-minute drive), which is often calm and shallow so is good for swimming, but there are plenty of lovely spots all down the coast. Lakka beach has excellent waters for snorkelling
- Head down to the harbour town Nydri and hire a boat for the day
- Try windsurfing or kitesurfing; the beaches on the west coast are more exposed so are good for watersports
- Go for a dip in Nydri Waterfalls – the walking trail to reach the falls is very pretty and weaves through shady pine forest
- Travel north to explore the island capital, Lefkada Town. There are trendy coffee shops and bars along the promenade next to the lagoon, lovely little boutique shops, and a buzzy town square with restaurants
- Head inland to visit the mountain village of Karya, where there’s a Folklore museum, a winery, cute tavernas and good walks
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Museums / galleries
- Scuba diving
- Well being
- Wine tasting
Katouna Suites is in the northeast of Lefkas (also called Lefkada), one of the Greek Ionian islands. Lefkada Town, the island capital, is 15 minutes' drive away.
The nearest airport is Preveza (Aktio, 36km) on the Greek mainland, which is 45 minutes' drive away. Alternatively, you could fly to Corfu and take a hopper flight to Lefkas, or take a taxi to the port then take a ferry to Igoumenitsa (on the mainland), then pick up a hire car there for the pretty two-hour drive to the hotel.
For car hire, see our car rental recommendations. You can park at the hotel.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.
- Preveza 34.0 km
- Beach 1.7 km
- Shops 1.7 km
- Restaurant 0.4 km