“Family-friendly resort where the kids come first: huge pool, creche & kids' club, shady gardens and villas (for 2-6) – plus a spa and a bar for parents”
There are 12 villas of varying sizes scattering the gardens, each painted in pastel-pink – a shade that’s typical of the Ionian islands – and kitted out with large kitchens. Kids can splash about on inflatables in the enormous swimming pool, while parents can loll on a sunlounger, totter over to the bar for a cocktail, or go for a massage at the on-site spa. There’s a restaurant open daily for lunch and dinner – with a kids’ menu, of course. But best of all, there’s an excellent creche and kids' club (for children aged six months to 11 years), run by super-nanny Natasha. When you feel like heading out, dozens of beaches are on your doorstep, boats zip you along the coast, and trendy coffee shops line the streets of island capital Lefkada Town, just down the road. You and your kids are in for an absolute treat.
- Extremely well set up for families – kids will make lots of new friends and parents will find plenty of quiet corners for relaxing
- Staff are incredibly friendly and go out of their way to get to know every guest; creche manager Natasha is adored by children
- The creche runs “date nights” when kids spend the evening watching films and parents can enjoy a romantic evening out
- The setting is incredibly tranquil, immersed among shady gardens with flowerbeds and potted plants
- Lefkas itself is becoming very popular with younger travellers, with lots of cool coffee shops in the main town, great beaches and watersports along the coast
- The villas aren’t stylish but they are traditional in design and are extremely spacious
- There are no beaches within walking distance and the nearest beach can get very windy – it’s a popular windsurfing spot
- Breakfast isn’t offered at the restaurant, so you’ll need to get food in for the mornings
- Those who prefer to keep to themselves on holiday may not enjoy the social atmosphere - families are encouraged to mingle with one another
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Villas
- 12 villas for 2-6
- Restaurant and bar
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Concierge Service
There are 12 villas in total, most with two bedrooms, some with three bedrooms. Although they are not the most stylish, all are very spacious inside, and they couldn’t be better equipped for children. There are stair gates, kids’ toy boxes, changing mats and potties, and children’s plates, cups and cutlery.
The Two-bedroom Villas are very similar. All are painted in a pretty shade of pink and stand in a row along one side of the garden. Inside, they each have an open-plan kitchen/living/dining room, a family bathroom, a master bedroom with a WC and a kids’ bedroom with twin beds. Floors are polished wood and the exposed beams are a lovely feature. Each villa also has its own little terrace with outdoor seating, should you wish for extra privacy.
The two Three-bedroom Villas are located on the other side of the garden and each has a private swimming pool. Inside, they are enormous, with an open-plan kitchen/living area and three very spacious bedrooms (one double, two twins). One of the twin rooms has an ensuite bathroom and a private entrance – ideal for grandparents.
- Air conditioning
- CD player
- Coffee / tea making
- DVD player
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Pool towels
- Safe box
The on-site restaurant is set beside the pool with lots of outdoor tables shaded by trees and climbing ivy. Potted flowers add colour and the bar provides the music. There’s an a la carte menu for lunch and dinner, with kid-favourites – burgers, pizzas, pastas – alongside local Greek fare on offer. We shared lots of small dishes: courgette tempura sticks, crispy fried calamari, grilled mastelo cheese (similar to halloumi) with pita bread, and a Mousses salad with walnuts.
If you fancy a change of scene, Lefkada Town is a five-minute drive away and is chocka with excellent tavernas. Choose one of the smart restaurants along the strip beside the lagoon, or head into the central square, where tables spill onto the streets.
Mousses doesn’t serve breakfast, so you’ll need to get food in for the mornings; there's a minimart within walking distance for stocking up on supplies. Alternatively, treat yourself to breakfast in town - the coffee shops lining the edge of the lagoon are perfect for this.
- Children's meals
- Coffee / tea making
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Spend the day on the beach: Agios Ioannis is the closest, though note that the waters can get a little choppy in the afternoons; from Agios Ioannis you can catch a boat to Mylos Beach, which is usually quieter. Further down the west coast, Gialou is lovely and more secluded than most
- Go snorkelling in the calm, crystal-clear waters around Agiofili beach and Afteli beach, both in the south of the island
- Have a go at windsurfing or kitesurfing; the beaches on the west coast are good for watersports
- Hire a boat for the day to explore Lefkas' gorgeous coastline
- Explore Lefkada Town. There are cool coffee shops and bars lining the lagoon, lovely little boutique shops for souvenir shopping, and a buzzy town square with restaurants
- Go for a drink at one of the sunset bars along the west coast
- Splash about in Nydri Waterfalls, where there’s also a pretty walking trail through shady pine forest
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Scuba diving
Mousses is kid heaven. It’s extremely well set up for children and everyone goes out of their way to ensure they have the best holiday. On arrival kids are gifted a cap (6mo-11yrs) and a water bottle (1yr-11yrs) each - they will already have been sent a backpack or drawstring bag prior to arrival plus their rash vest sized by age, a gift for booking through i-escape. The creche and kids' club welcomes children aged from six months up to 11 years, plus there’s an enormous swimming pool, a separate kids’ pool, huge gardens for running about in, and a kiddie menu at the restaurant. Nearby are loads of beaches to explore, plus watersports and snorkelling, and the island capital, Lefkada Town, has fun activities for youngsters. Kids will definitely make new friends here.
Babies (0-1 years), Toddlers (1-4 years), Children (4-12 years)
Family friendly accommodation:
All the villas are ideal for families. The Two-bedroom Villas (semi-detached and detached) each have a double bedroom for parents and a twin room for kids, while the larger Three-bedroom Villas have a double bedroom and two twin rooms – one of which has an ensuite bathroom and a separate entrance so could be good for grandparents. Inside each, there are kids’ toy boxes, changing mats and potties, and children’s plates, cups and cutlery, plus stair gates in the two-storey villas.
- Bed guard
- Night light
- Bottle warmer
- Bottle steriliser
- Baby bath
- Non-slip bath mat
- Changing mat
- Hand-held blender
- Child toilet seat
- Child step
- Children's plates, bowls and cutlery
- A toy box suitable for children aged six months to three years
- Booster seats and baby monitors on request
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Hatchlings creche for children aged six months to three years, Turtles Club for children aged four to six years, and Dolphins for children aged seven to 11. These run Monday-Friday morning and afternoon sessions (excluding Tuesday morning, Thursday afternoon) with evening sessions Tuesday and Thursday only, and are staffed by experienced qualified nannies. The Dolphins club runs May half-term and summer holidays only, run by Club Leaders. Book half-day sessions (four morning or four afternoon, plus one evening session), full-day sessions (four morning, four afternoon and two evening sessions) or individual sessions. Dolphin club activities include cookery, mocktail making, scavenger hunts, T-shirt designing, water battles and a wacky mini-boat race
The restaurant has a full kids' menu
Kids Activities on site:
- Swimming pool and kids' pool with inflatables
- Gardens for playing in
- DVDs to borrow
Kids Activities nearby:
- Beaches to explore - Agios Ioannis is the closest
- Boat trips
- Mountain villages
- White water rafting
- Airport: 30-minute drive
- Hospital: 10-minute drive
- Supermarket: Five-minute walk
Mousses is in the north of Lefkas (also called Lefkada), one of the Greek Ionian islands. Lefkada Town, the island capital, is five minutes' drive away.
The nearest airport is Preveza (Aktio, 24km) on the Greek mainland, which is 30 minutes' drive away. Alternatively, you could fly to Corfu and take a hopper flight to Lefkas, or take a taxi to the port then take a ferry to Igoumenitsa (on the mainland), then pick up a hire car there for the pretty 90-minute drive to the hotel.
For car hire, see our car rental recommendations. You can park at the hotel.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.
- Preveza 24.0 km
- Beach 1.0 km
- Shops 2.0 km
- Restaurant 2.0 km