Families or friends will feel at ease as soon as they arrive - the villa was designed by English couple Sue and Michael, with their perfect escape in mind. The main house has 3 bedrooms split over 2 levels, plus a capacious living area; a further 2 bedrooms are accessed via French doors from the terrace and gaze over that view. Outside, there’s plenty of space to relax: terraces lined with bougainvillea and oleander, shaded dining and barbecue areas, and a stunning infinity pool fringed by loungers and hammocks. If you can tear yourself away, Lefkas is a gem of the Ionian islands. Nearby, Nidri's harbour is pretty, and the calm, eastern sea is perfect for sailing or swimming with children; further afield, the west coast is home to some of Greece's postcard-perfect beaches.
- Super-comfortable beds with 5* hotel mattresses, a choice of pillows and a bi-weekly linen change
- Peace, plenty of space indoors and out, and lots of privacy
- Cooking is a joy with mixers, juicers, a wood-fired BBQ and a herb garden to raid. Or there's a traditional taverna 5 minutes' walk away
- Pretty Lefkas is easy to get to (drive over a causeway from the mainland), and relatively untouristy
- Good value (and rates include regular cleaning)
- A strict cancellation policy; 7-night minimum stay (Sunday-Sunday); substantial damages deposit, and check out at 9am
- Two of the bedrooms lack views, but you won't spend much time indoors
- You'll need a car to get here and for grocery shopping (though Nidri is a 15-minute walk for restaurants/bars)
- The best beaches are on the west coast, an hour’s drive away - but there are some pretty coves nearer to home
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Villa
- 5 bedrooms
- Self-catering (restaurants nearby)
- All ages welcome
- Closed: 7 Dec 2023 - 30 Mar 2024
- Heated Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Beach Nearby
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Car essential
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
The heart of the villa is a generous open-plan kitchen, dining room and lounge with sea views, a wooden beamed ceiling and a balcony through an arched doorway.
The 5 ensuite bedrooms are airy and cool with teak furnishings, wooden floors, air-con and ceiling fans. Indonesian batik cushions and collectibles from South-East Asia mingle with soft rugs, muslin curtains and crisp white linens. Windows have insect screens.
In the main house, you'll find 2 super-kingsize bedrooms (double or twin) and, on the lower level, a large twin bedroom (2 big doubles) that can also be used as an entertainment area. A hideaway haven for teenagers and children, it has DVDs, TV, books and board games.
Accessed via the terrace, a further 2 sumptuous bedrooms, including the four-poster master bedroom, have French doors opening out onto glorious views.
The terrace itself has cleverly designed spaces with secluded bench seats, comfy sofas and a communal dining table set amongst the mature gardens.
- Mosquito net
- Safe box
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
The kitchen is a cook's paradise. Cookbooks, electric mixers, juicers and ample workspace are at your disposal, along with a herb garden outside the back door. There’s an American fridge-freezer with ice and filtered water; everything is on hand to create the perfect holiday feast. The indoor dining table seats 10 while the shaded outdoor eating area is kept beautifully cool thanks to the ceiling fans. On the terrace, a stone barbecue will inspire herb-roasted meats and chargrilled veggies.
En route from the airport, we'd advise stopping in Nidri to buy the basics for 1 night, then the next day head to the supermarkets in Lefkas town (closed Sundays) to do a proper shop. If you don't want to cook, Sue can arrange a chef to come in, or lunches and dinners to be delivered (or pre-delivered for your arrival). There's a traditional taverna 5 minutes' walk away, and Nidri (10-15 minutes' walk) has mini-markets, a fishmonger and butchers, and a wide variety of restaurants, bars and cafes.
- Chef on request
- Coffee / tea making
- Coffee maker
- Food blender
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Meal delivery service
- Restaurants nearby
- Shopping service
- Lounge by the pool and drink in the stunning views
- Have a coffee in Nidri's pretty harbour then hire a boat and chug around the tiny islands just off the coast
- East Lefkas is a haven for sailing, while Vasiliki, in the south, is world famous for windsurfing. Kitesurfers will love the breezes just outside Lefkas town, where there's a beach with windmills
- Massages and yoga can be arranged - ask in advance for prices
- A shopping or cooking service can be arranged for an extra charge
- Go wild swimming in the Dimosari waterfall near Nidri
- Visit some of some of the Med’s best beaches - the west side of the island has long stretches of white sand and gin-clear waters. Egremni is an hour’s drive (and 350 steep steps) away and neighbouring Porto Katsiki is a Greek tourism poster-star
- Visit the local winery for a tour and tasting
- Head inland to the pretty mountain town of Karya and have dinner in its shady square
- Explore Lefkas town - a charming place to potter, with cafes, bars and shops (closed Sundays)
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Mountain biking
- Scuba diving courses
- Shopping / markets
- Wine tasting
A great family escape with plenty of space for children to play, an entertainment room with DVDs, toys and board games, and a gated infinity pool. The kitchen is well-stocked with plastic crockery, and useful equipment such as a sandwich toaster, electric hand mixer and Magimix
Family friendly accommodation:
Three of the 4 double bedrooms can be converted into twin rooms, and the twin room on the lower level can sleep 4 kids (in 2 double beds). There are 2 travel cots. All bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms with a shower or tub, insect screens on the windows, and ceiling fans
Cots Available, Extra Beds Available
A high chair and 2 travel cots (bring your own sheets)
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids Activities on site:
- Infinity pool
- Giant Jenga, backgammon and boules
- Puzzles, books and board games
Kids Activities nearby:
- Beaches (the little beaches in Nidri are coarse sand and some rocks and you can dine at restaurants right by the beach; Poros is our favourite)
- Sailing, windsurfing and water skiing
- Childrens playground near the beach at Nidri
Families Should Know:
The villa is on a hill, surrounded by walls with steep drops the other side. The pool is unfenced, though it is on a gated terrace with a child-proof lock
- Airport: 40 mins' drive (Preveza)
- Shop: 5 minutes' drive (Nidri)
- Hospital: 30 minutes' (Lefkas town; minor injuries)
The Stone House is on the east of Lefkas (also called Lefkada), one of the Greek Ionian islands. Nidri (also called Nydri), a bustling yachting town, is 10 minutes' drive away, while Lefkas town, the island’s mini capital, is half an hour away.
The nearest airport is Preveza (Aktio, 36km) on the Greek mainland, which is 40 minutes' drive away. Alternatively, you could fly to Corfu and take a hopper flight to Lefkas, or take a taxi to the port then take a ferry to Igoumenitsa (on the mainland), then pick up a hire car there for the pretty 2-hour drive to the villa. In Low Season, you can fly to Athens and take an internal flight to Prevaza, or drive (5 hours). Click on the links below for a list of airlines.
For car hire, see our car rental recommendations. You can park at the villa.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.com.
More on getting to Greece and getting around
- Preveza (Aktio) 36.0 km PVK
- Athens 407.0 km IOA
- Beach 1.0 km
- Shops 1.0 km
- Restaurant 1.0 km