“Simply stunning staffed villa with a pool and spectacular Piton and ocean views (sleeps 2-6)”
With 2 large bedrooms and an extra day bed, this is ideal for 2 couples, a family or decadent honeymooners. For those feeling vaguely energetic, there's a tennis court to entertain you; for the adventurous, excellent diving and hiking opportunities are close at hand. But most guests will just want to relax at this beautiful and airy villa, indulging in the panoramic views and sipping cocktails by the crystal-clear swimming pool. And, with a housekeeper who prepares meals in advance, you won't have to worry about who's cooking dinner.
- You can lounge on the four-poster day bed gazing at one of the most stunning views in the Caribbean - total bliss
- There’s an outdoors-indoors feel - you could be on the deck of a ship
- We loved the simple but stylish interiors, and the peaceful setting on a colourful bougainvillea-clad hillside
- You’ll feel cocooned in the antique four-posters, with their beautiful linen and gauzy mosquito nets
- One of St Lucia's best beaches and dive centres, Anse Chastenet, is 5 mins' drive (or 15 mins' walk) away
- There’s no air conditioning, but there are fans if you need them
- The swimming pool is quite small - it’s for cooling off rather than serious exercise
- If you’re looking for nightlife, you’ll be disappointed in sleepy Soufriere
- You’ll need transport to see more of this gorgeous island, but taxis and car hire are expensive
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Villa
- Self-catering; chef 6 days out of 7
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Tennis Court
This is an upside-down summer house, built to make the most of the incredible views across Soufriere Bay to the Pitons. Terracotta-tiled steps lead down from the hilly lane to a dazzling 1700 sq ft living/dining room that feels like the deck of a cruise liner. Polished greenheart wood floors (varnished twice a year to keep them mirror-like), peaked West Indian ceilings and large sofas are all open to the sea and the mountains, with just a hip-high wrought-iron balustrade separating you from the scenery. There's even a four-poster day bed to laze on if it all gets too much.
The pool, hammock and terrace are at one end of the room so you won't have far to wander for a cooling dip, and the fully-equipped kitchen is at the back of the house.
Downstairs, there are 2 large double bedrooms with gleaming wooden floors, white ceilings and sky-blue or apricot walls. Antique four-poster beds are draped in mosquito netting and crisp linen. One room has a kingsize bed and an antique cheval mirror, the other a double and a queensize bed (would suit 2 kids or another couple). Both rooms have large ensuite bathrooms, with lime green and white Italian tiling and hairdryers.
- CD player
- Cots Available
- Full kitchen
- Ipod dock
- Washing machine
Included in the rental price are the services of a housekeeper / cook, who will prepare meals for you 6 days out of 7. You can eat whatever you want, whenever you want it - Verlinda arrives in time for breakfast at 9am and leaves again at 3pm after setting up your evening meal. For dinner, everything is made as easy for you as it can be - tuna is marinated, barbeques are primed, salads are in bowls, the rum punch is mixed and there’s a tub of home made ice-cream waiting in the freezer.
If you want to do it yourself the kitchen is fully-equipped with a coffee maker, a food processor, a blender and a toaster, with visits from the occasional Antillean finch to check on your preparations. For an additional charge you can ask for a starter pack of provisions, as well as a light meal, to be waiting for you on your arrival.
If you want to eat out there are many options in and around Soufriere. Nearby La Haut Resort has fresh seafood and Creole dishes such as Mahi Mahi and curried goat; the are more options in Soufriere. If you're exploring the far south, try Debbie’s Place at Laborie for homely lunches on a shaded plant-filled patio.
- Dinner by arrangement
- Full kitchen
- In house cook
- Lunch by arrangement
- Go diving or snorkelling - Anse Chastenet resort (a 5-minute drive away) has a 5-star PADI dive centre, and the coral reefs here are among the best in the Caribbean
- Explore Soufriere - the old French capital of St Lucia is now a photogenic and sleepy fishing town with ancient wooden houses and colourful fishing boats
- Check out Soufriere's vibrant Saturday market; buy fresh fish, fruit and spices to take back to the villa for dinner
- Visit the botanical gardens, waterfall and mineral baths on the Soufriere Estate, granted to the Devaux family by Louis XVI
- Get an adrenaline rush by zip-lining through the rainforest or climbing the Pitons (you'll need a guide for Petit Piton, the steeper of the 2 volcanic peaks)
- Most beaches in the area have black volcanic sand, but you can bask on imported white sand at the Jalousie Hilton (10 mins' drive, small fee for non-guests)
- Sailing, sea kayaking and deep sea fishing can also be arranged through the larger resorts
- Back at the villa, enjoy a game of tennis (the house shares a court with the property next door and racquets are available) or laze by the pool while surveying the mountains and sea below
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Historical sites
- Horse riding
- Plantlife / flora
- Private guided tours
- Scuba diving
- Scuba diving courses
- Shopping / markets
Children are welcome, though there are lots of steep steps to negotiate. The swimming pool/terrace extends from the main living area but is fenced off. The cook/maid and a babysitting service (available by arrangement) means parents can have some rest. A damage deposit is required if there are any children under the age of 10. Baby cots are available on request.
Family friendly accommodation:
Babysitting is available by arrangement.
Baby cots are available on request.
Remember baby and child equipment may be limited or need pre-booking
Kids Activities on site:
Tennis court next door (bring children's racquets if required)
The house is situated in the hills above the town of Soufriere, around an hour's drive from Hewanorra International Airport.
Hewanorra International (30km away) is the nearest airport. St Lucia's other airport, George FL Charles (formerly known as Vigie), is 43km away and is served by inter-island flights only. Click on the links below for a list of airlines serving these airports.
From the Airport
Taxis are readily available at either airport, though most guests hire a car.
Hiring a car makes exploring the island much easier and you may feel isolated without your own set of wheels. For car hire, see our car rental recommendations.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.
More on getting to St Lucia and getting around.
- Hewanorra International 30.0 km UVF
- George FL Charles (Vigie) 43.0 km
- Beach 2.0 km
- Shops 1.0 km
- Restaurant 1.0 km