The superstar lifestyle beckons at this spectacular private villa (sleeps 2-6) on the Kefalonian coast – the ultimate family and friends getaway”
This brand new private villa, situated near the tiny fishing village of Pessada on the southwest coast of Kefalonia, is the last word in understated, upscale luxury. Aside from the views and the exquisitely designed pool and the breathtaking sun terrace, there are 5 acres of surrounding gardens (newly planted but still offering up figs, lemons, pomegranate and mint) in which to wander and retreat. And then there is the house itself. Three large double bedrooms, a spacious kitchen, an open-plan living and dining area, a study, a balcony and a steam room, as well as all the modern amenities you’d expect of a next-level stay. The finish is top-end and the décor is calming, neutral and eco-friendly, with a strong emphasis on local woods and natural fabrics. The bustling capital of Argostoli is a 20-minute drive away, and you’re ideally situated to catch a launch to the nearby islands. Assuming, that is, you ever want to leave.
- There’s infinity pools and there’s this infinity pool. The square sunken sofa area in the centre genuinely makes this one of a kind
- The whole place oozes exclusivity. The concierge will help tailor your perfect stay – want a private chef, yoga training, wine tasting or private island tours? Just ask in advance
- Fantastic location for exploring the rest of Kefalonia or taking day trips to neighbouring islands
- There's a steam room onsite and the concierge can book additional treatments on request
- It’s a new construction so the surrounding gardens will take time to mature
- Only kids aged 8 upwards are permitted, and no extra beds
- We hear it can be hard to find, so be sure to have exact directions for driving or booking a cab
- Pessada beach, just below the house, is small and sometimes seaweed-y (but good for snorkelling); there are of course dozens of bigger beaches nearby
- The pool is unheated and only operational May-October
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Villa
- 3 bedrooms
- Self catering (restaurants nearby)-catering
- Over 8s welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Concierge Service
- Caretaker (English speaking)
- Pool & beach towels provided
Split-level Kefalonia Seaview Villa can accommodate up to six people. There are three bedrooms in total, each with their own ensuite. The master bedroom, situated on the ground floor, also boasts a free-standing bath, separate washbasins and walk-in shower. The second bedroom on the ground floor features twin beds so is ideal for older children (over 8) or guests.
A third bedroom sits on the first floor, and it is here that the main indoor living area is also situated – including a fully-equipped kitchen, comfortable relaxing and dining area as well as a balcony opening up to the blue expanse of the Ionian Sea. Around the terrace outside, there's also a bar and dining area for eating and socialising.
Wood and linen feature extensively throughout, and the colour palette is muted – creams, ecrus and earth tones, exposed brick and whitewashed walls – creating a soothing marriage between modern glamour and local flavour.
- Air conditioning
- Mosquito net
- Swimming pool
The first-floor kitchen comes with only very basic supplies (washing up liquid, bin bags) as well as tea, coffee and assorted sweet treats for booking through i-escape, so for groceries you'll need to head to the mini-market in nearby Pessada, about 400m away down the hill. The dining area has a handsome table which seats six, adjacent to the living area and balcony. On the ground floor is a lovely shaded alfresco terrace also with a table for six.
Pessada is a tiny fishing village so don’t expect haute cuisine. However, traditional Greek fare abounds and the authentic settings merely add to the charm. Particularly popular are Sunset Pessada, renowned for spectacular views and its pork and chicken souvlaki. For a beach club vibe, hit Tratamento which also serves freshly caught fish (whitebait, seabass), or for the true taverna experience, Spyros comes highly recommended.
For the more culinary minded, take a quick cab ride to the nearby port of Argostoli. Sepia near the seafront has a strong reputation for its Japanese cuisine while Tzivras Restaurant 1933 gets high marks for its kreatopita, briam and moussaka. Il Borgo in the grand setting of St George’s Castle is a great choice for a romantic dinner. As its name suggests, Oskars Creative Cuisine in nearby Lassi fuses traditional and new with much of their produce grown onsite.
- Chef on request
- Shopping service
- The tiny sandy cove of Pessada is a short walk downhill, with perfectly clear waters for snorkelling, and rarely more than a few people (but it can attract seaweed in early season)
- Otherwise you’re spoiled for beaches with Myrtos, Assos, Petani and the horseshoe-shaped Antisamos cove just outside Sami all offering a mecca for sun-worshippers. The film version of Captain Corelli’s Mandolin was shot around Antisamos
- The stunning, but very different, Melissani Cave and Drogorati Cave are close to each other and merit a visit. Drogorati is an underground cathedral of stalactites and stalagmites, while Melissani has a crystal clear lake in its centre that dapples the walls in twinkling light
- The ruins of the Castle of St George in Peratata are a fascinating taste of history. Climb in the morning or late afternoon before a dip in the clear sea and a drink in the village just below
- The very bijou Fiskardo Harbour in the north of the island, with its beautiful Venetian-style architecture, is packed with chic boutiques and trendy quayside restaurants
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Shopping / markets
Families with children aged 8 and older are welcome, and the villa works well for a large or extended family. There are many beaches nearby. The villa is close to the airport and within walking distance of the village, beach and harbour. Note that there are no extra beds.
Teens (over 12)
Family friendly accommodation:
One bedroom on the terrace/pool level can be set up as a twin.
Kids Activities nearby:
- Beaches nearby include Pessada (400m), Chatzokli (750m), Klimatsias (1km), Agios Thomas (1.5km) and Trapezaki (2.3km)
- Boat trips
- Airport: 20 minutes
- Shops: 8 minutes
For more family-friendly places, see our Kids Collection
On the southern coast of the island of Kefalonia, near the village and harbour of Pessada, Kefalonia Seaview Villa is around 9km from the capital Argostoli and its airport.
Kefalonia airport (Anna Pollatou, 9km away) is served by charter flights from the UK and Europe throughout the summer; at other times you can fly via Athens.
From the Airport:
Taxis are freely available and there is onsite parking but be sure to get clear directions as many visitors claim it can be tricky to find. if you want to hire a car to explore the island see our car rental recommendations.
There are two ports on the island: on the SE side of the island Poros port connects with Kyllini in the Peloponnese; and Sami port on the NE side which connects with Patra, also in the Peloponnese.
Detailed directions will be sent when you book through i-escape.
- Kefalonia International Airport 8.0 km EFL
- Beach 0.4 km
- Shops 0.4 km
- Restaurant 0.3 km