We particularly love the two apartments in buzzy Costa Teguise, a stone’s throw from Las Cucharas beach. Each has 2-3 bedrooms, a big lounge, a full kitchen and a private terrace – one also has a shared swimming pool - and there are heaps of restaurants, bars and shops nearby. Nearby is a two-bedroom beach house with a solar-heated plunge pool, also perfect for families.
If you want to be nearer the action, check out the apartment in Lanzarote's capital town, Arrecife. It overlooks golden sands of Playa Reducto, with beach bars, restaurants, skate park, shops and a seafront promenade all in easy walking distance.
Owners Tila and Michelle live on Lanzarote and run several other properties on the island. They provide a welcome basket of essentials, can arrange for the shopping to be done or a farmers' grocery box to be delivered, and are full of local knowledge should you need some tips (their head office is just down the road in Costa Teguise). Service is never intrusive though; this is much more a do-it-yourself retreat with added comforts when you want them: a winning combination in our books.
- All apartments are located right beside fabulous beaches (less than 100 metres away)
- Shops, restaurants and bars within walking distance - no car necessary
- Costa Teguise Apartment has access to a large shared swimming pool
- Ideal for families: twin bedrooms, full kitchens, sofabeds, lots of amenities nearby
- Locally-based British managers who offer heaps of info and services, including meal deliveries, babysitting and grocery boxes
- The apartments are in buzzy, urban areas of Lanzarote, so don't expect total peace and seclusion
- No pool at Arrecife Apartment or Costa Teguise Ocean View Apartment
- Air conditioning is an extra charge at Arrecife Apartment, but you rarely need it thanks to cooling sea breezes
Best time to go
Our top tips
- Boutique Apartments
- 3 apartments for 2-7
- Self-catering (restaurants nearby)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Beach Nearby
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Car not necessary
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Concierge Service
There are two apartments (sleeping 4-7) and one split-level villa (sleeping 4) in this tasteful resort village, located just 10 min from Arrecife, and 15 min from the airport.
We particularly like the Ocean View Apartment (sleeps 7), which has a knockout roof terrace with loungers, seating, BBQ and breathtaking views over Costa Teguise and Las Cucharas bay. Modelled on New York loft-style living, it’s open-plan and spacious inside, with a living/dining room so large you could host a party in it! (But please don’t). Our favourite feature is the aqua-blue distressed-wood boat that’s been fashioned into a writing desk – very quirky. There are two bedrooms (one double, one triple), plus plenty of space to sleep extra guests in the enormous living room.
The other Costa Teguise Apartment (sleeps 4 + 2 kids) is located some 200 metres further along Las Cucharas beach, within a residential complex. This means it has access to a big communal swimming pool – great for kids to splash about in. It’s got two bedrooms (one double, one twin), an open-plan dining area and lounge, and a south-facing terrace overlooking the pool.
Also located in the same residential complex, the snazzy Costa Teguise Beach House (sleeps 4) has two bedrooms (a master and a twin) over two floors, an open-plan kitchen-diner, a living area opening onto its solar-heated plunge pool, and a sea-view roof terrace with barbecue and loungers. Note that the pool and terrace can only be used 10am-9pm.
All have fully equipped kitchens and both indoor and outdoor dining areas. A welcome basket with tea, coffee, UHT milk and bottled water (tap water is not drinkable on the island) will be waiting for you when you arrive. A shopping service is also available if you want to pre-order groceries – just ask Michelle – or there are supermarkets close by for stocking up on supplies, as well as heaps of restaurants to choose from.
The Arrecife Apartment (sleeps 6), located in Lanzarote's capital city, is right on the seafront, directly behind Playa Reducto. Inside, it has three spacious bedrooms (one double, two twins), two bathrooms, a full kitchen and an open-plan living/dining area with floor-to-ceiling windows revealing wonderful sea views. You can also dine outside if you prefer.
A welcome basket with tea, coffee, UHT milk and bottled water (tap water is not drinkable on the island) will be waiting for you when you arrive. A shopping service is also available if you want to pre-order groceries – just ask Michelle – or there are supermarkets nearby for stocking up on supplies.
When it comes to eating out, you’re spoilt for choice in Arrecife. If you fancy a treat, head to Arrecife Gran Hotel & Spa for drinks or dinner at Altamar Restaurant on the 17th floor – the views are phenomenal.
- Hit the beach! Both Playa Reducto and Las Cucharas are great family beaches, thanks to calm waters, good facilities and watersports (surfing, windsurfing, paddleboarding and diving). For quieter beaches, head towards the north of the island.
- While up north, don't miss El Mirador del Río, a trip to the island of La Graciosa, the lava-formed caves and the natural pools dotted along the coast.
- Travel west to explore the volcanic landscape of Timanfaya National Park (walking tours can be arranged), or sample local wines at one of the bodegas in La Geria, Lanzarote's main wine-growing region.
- Tee off at one of Lanzarote’s two golf courses: Costa Teguise and Tias.
- Consult your information pack for recommended boat tours and watersports.
These beach apartments and small villa are superbly suited to families. All have full kitchens and twin rooms for children, and baby cots are available. The local beaches are family-friendly and great for swimming, watersports and snorkelling. Shops and supermarkets and nearby for stocking up on supplies, and there are loads of activities in the area. Kids won't get bored here!
Family friendly accommodation:
Arrecife apartment (sleeps 6) has two twin rooms, Costa Teguise Apartment (sleeps 4 + 2 kids) has one twin room and a double sofabed, and Costa Teguise Ocean View Apartment (sleeps 7) has a triple room with one double bed and one single bed, plus a sofabed in its living room that can sleep two. Baby cots are available in all apartments. Costa Teguise Beach House is perfect for a family of four with two bedrooms including a twin room for kids.
Kids Activities on site:
- Shared swimming pool at Costa Teguise Apartment
Families Should Know:
The pool at Costa Teguise Apartment isn't gated.
The Costa Teguise Ocean View Apartment is accessed via one flight of external stairs, plus there are three steps in the second bedroom and in the hallway.
- Arrecife Airport: 15 mins' drive from the Costa Teguise apartments / Five mins' drive from the Arrecife Apartment
- Shops: Five-min walk
- Arrecife Hospital: 15 mins' drive from the Costa Teguise apartments / Five mins' drive from the Arrecife Apartment
One of the Lanzarote Beach Apartments is in the island's capital, Arrecife, while the other two are just up the coast in the resort of Costa Teguise.
> See all properties on a Google map
Fly into Arrecife, Lanzarote's only airport, in the island's capital.
From the Airport
You can take a taxi or catch the bus - there are stops outside all apartments. A car isn't necessary, but you might want one to tour the island - see our car rental recommendations.
Detailed directions to your villa will be sent when you book through i-escape.
- Arrecife 15.0 km ACE
- Beach 0.1 km
- Shops 0.1 km
- Restaurant 0.1 km