The house is split into two lodgings: a large villa for eight above and a spacious, adults-only apartment for two on the ground floor; larger family parties can book both together in the summer months. There's a contemporary Scandinavian feel, with multiple waterfront terraces affording wonderful views across the bay towards Ithaca. Colour schemes throughout are calming greys and whites, so as not distract from the blissful scenery. A quick refreshing dip in crystal clear waters straight off the rocks across the street, followed by a snooze on the sun loungers on a sea-facing private terrace, and it’s time for dinner. It’s a short walk along cobbled streets to the pretty harbour with its pastel-coloured houses, little tavernas and fishing boats. After a simple, delicious feast of taramasalata and moussaka, washed down with a few glasses of fine Kefalonian robola, we head back and fall asleep to the relaxing sound of gentles waves lapping outside our bedroom window.
- Waking up to the soothing sound of the sea right outside the apartment
- Quiet waterfront location with cove access across the street (time from bed to water: 30 seconds) and private terraces for enjoying that superb sea view
- Clean, calm, uncluttered vibe and top-notch appliances
- Ideal for a “workation” - there’s an office desk in the living room of the apartment, and the WiFi works like a charm
- Short stroll to Fiskardo's pretty harbour with its fabulous tavernas and shops
- The villa is normally only available in summer (it's used by the owner at other times)
- No pool, but with the sea right outside you don't need one
- No kids allowed in the apartment
- If you hire a car (which is handy for the drive from the airport), you'll probably end up not using it much, as shops, beaches and restaurants are all within walking distance
Best time to go
If you visit during the cooler months, bring slippers as the tiled floors can get a bit cold.
Our top tips
- Boutique rentals
- 1 villa for 8 + 1 apartment for 2
- Self-catering, restaurants nearby
- Villa: all ages welcome. Apartment: adult only
- Closed: November-March
- Spa Treatments
- Beach Nearby
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Car recommended
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- English-speaking caretaker
- Pool towels
Villa for 8 (July-Aug)
This is not your typical Greek island rental. Occupying the top three floors of the airy house, interiors come in cool hues of grey, white and cream, with colourful cushions and rugs adding flair. And it's kitted out to the highest standards, with super-comfy, super-kingsize beds, walk-in showers and kitchen equipment. With four large bedrooms and lots of living spaces indoor and out, it sleeps eight in comfort - great for two families or a multi-gen holiday; larger parties could also book the apartment below if it's free.
At the bottom is a huge living-dining room and top-spec kitchen, lots of shady sea-facing terraces for relaxing and eating alfresco, and four blissful ensuite bedrooms over two levels. The first-floor bedroom - the so-called short straw, but still very comfy - has a kingsize double or twin beds, and a shower bathroom next door; it's often used for children. The second-floor Master Bedroom has a super-kingsize double bed (the only one which can't be set up as twins), a lovely vintage wardrobe, a very large terrace overlooking the sea, and a marble-clad shower room. The neighbouring bedroom has two small terraces, one at the front and one at the back, and a soaking tub in the bathroom. Finally, the top floor Attic Bedroom - a cosy room, but definitely not cramped - has a super-kingsize double / twin bed and a walk-in shower in the ensuite.
Apartment for 2
The apartment has its own entrance and is exceptionally spacious. It feels slightly more like a Scandi city pad than a beach apartment.
The open-plan living-kitchen area, with its oversized L-shaped sofa (plus an office corner if you can’t fully unplug), opens up to the sea-facing terrace with daybeds, a comfy padded hanging chair and massive terracotta pots. With an equally minimalist vibe, the bedroom comes with a kingsize bed and soft Egyptian cotton sheets, rattan chairs, a walk-in closet with ample storage space, and its own little sea-facing terrace with sun loungers. The bathroom has recessed black and white marble sinks, a freestanding bath, and a walk-in rain shower.
- Explore Fiskardo village with its bright bougainvillaea, narrow cobbled streets, colourful Venetian houses and picturesque harbour, and enjoy a lazy lunch in one of the waterfront tavernas
- Hit the beaches - you are truly spoilt for choice: Foki, Dafnoudi, Emblisi and Myrtos are all breathtaking and highly Instagrammable
- Don’t miss spectacular Alaties beach (8km): a narrow, secluded cove with the clearest of turquoise waters, plus a much-loved, simple taverna with a relaxed vibe and great music
- Rent a boat and go diving, or snorkel in secluded coves. You might even come across a few sea turtles or dolphins on your day trip.
- Visit Assos, a picture-perfect little harbour village on a minuscule peninsula covered in pine and cypress trees. Take a hike to the castle, then stop for lunch in one of its attractive tree-shaded tavernas, followed by a swim in the bay.
- Relax on the villa's terraces with a glass of wine and enjoy the simple pleasure of sea view therapy.
The villa is great for families with children of primary school age and upwards; there are twin rooms for kids. There's table football and a pool table, and kids will love swimming off the rocks in front of the house. Plenty of other great swimming spots and beaches are nearby. Note that the apartment is for adults only; it would be ideal for grandparents if the whole house is taken by an extended family.
Children (4-12 years), Teens (over 12)
Family friendly accommodation:
Three of the rooms in the villa can be set up as twins.
Kids Activities on site:
- Table football
- Pool table
Families Should Know:
The water in front of the house is rocky, so children should be supervised if swimming. The many steps and terraces mean the house isn't suited for toddlers
- Airport: 80 minutes
- Medical centre: 10 minutes (Fiskardo)
- Shops: 2 minutes (car); 7 minutes (walk)
The villa is situated on the edge of the village of Fiskardo (or Fiscardo to the Brits), on the northern tip of Kefalonia. It's an 80-minute drive from the island's airport.
Kefalonia (63km away) is the nearest airport. It's served by charter flights from the UK and other European countries over summer; at other times you'll probably have to fly via Athens (380km away) and get a connecting flight to the island.
From The Airport
Airport transfers can be booked in advance, but you'll probably want to hire a car - see our car rental recommendations. For an idea of distances, the airport is 5km south of the island's capital, Argostoli, and Fiskardo is 45km north, at the top of the island.
Kefalonia is served by ferries from Astakos (on the Greek mainland), Kyllini/Patras (Peloponnese) and neighbouring islands.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through i-escape.
- Kefalonia Airport 63.0 km
- Kefalonia Airport 380.0 km
- Beach 0.6 km
- Shops 0.8 km
- Restaurant 0.8 km