“Gorgeous eco-friendly houses and apartments (sleeping 2-8), many with ocean views and pools, set in charming spots in northern Lanzarote”
Other choices include a gorgeous yurt sleeping a family of four, with al fresco living areas and a plunge pool (in Tabayesco); and three whitewashed villas with a shared pool (in Punta Mujeres), a short walk from the beach. The owners also run a handful of beach apartments further down the coast in Costa Teguise and Arrecife, as well as two enormous supervillas, also in Tabayesco. But most of all, we loved our own seafront apartment, right on the shimmering water's edge, with views to make your heart skip.
This coast of Lanzarote is wonderfully tranquil, with small boats bobbing just off shore, and a handful of excellent cafés, bars and restaurants. It's only a short drive up to the astounding viewpoint of El Mirador del Río, or north to Orzola for boats to the sleepy satellite isle of La Graciosa. Some of the rentals come with a courtesy hybrid car, and all have English-speaking managers on hand for advice and adventure.
- Wonderful locations, great facilities and soul-feeding views in a tranquil, unspoilt corner of Lanzarote
- Most houses have beaches and restaurants within walking distance
- The varying sizes, from one to four bedrooms, make them suitable for everyone: couples, groups of friends and families
- Great value, especially if you stay for a week or more
- The locally-based British managers offer great info and services, including meal deliveries, babysitting and farmers' grocery boxes
- Don't expect five-star luxury: the houses are all comfortable but some have quirks (e.g. Arrieta Hideaway has an external shower; plus a bathtub indoors)
- A surcharge applies if booking less than seven nights
- Villas & Apartments
- 7 rentals for 2-8
- Self-catering (restaurants nearby)
- All ages welcome
- Open all year
- Outdoor Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Creche / Kids Club
- Beach Nearby
- Off-street Parking
- Pet Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Restaurants Nearby
- Air Conditioning
- Guest Lounge
- Daily Maid Service
- Towels & Bedlinen
- Concierge Service
The properties vary widely, but the majority - including those in Punta Mujeres and Arrieta - share a rustic Canarian style brought up-to-date in a pleasingly simple way. Expect white walls, tiled or wooden floors, patches of exposed volcanic stone, and plenty of space. Some have four-poster beds while others feature free-standing bathtubs with views. We loved the quirky local touches, such as weathered canoes converted into wine racks or bookshelves, and the pebble-lined showers.
The two Seafront Apartments and the Arrieta Hideaway are bang on the water's edge, with dreamy panoramas from their bedrooms and sitting rooms. All three are romantic choices for couples, or would suit small families.
The three whitewashed Punta Mujeres villas fan out around a shared solar-heated pool. Each has lovely indoor and outdoor dining areas and a great kitchen; the medium villa is an end-of-terrace, so carries a premium. They're a short walk from the beach and, sleeping 4-8 (plus baby cots), they are ideal for families or groups of friends travelling together.
A kilometre inland, the Tabayesco Yurt is surprisingly luxurious, with a generously domed living-sleeping area and masses of outdoor spaces, including a double daybed and a gazebo. The plunge pool is a huge bonus, and you can add a second double bedroom if you need it.
- Coffee maker
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Satellite TV
All properties have spacious open-plan kitchens: the bigger the villa or apartment, the better the kitchen. A welcome basket includes coffee, tea bags and UHT milk, as well as a bottle of drinking water (tap water is not drinkable on the island). Before arrival you’ll be able to place orders for a farmers' grocery box, shopping and various other services. Almost all properties have a BBQ as well.
Local villages have small supermarkets for self-caterers. However, the Punta Mujeres-Arrieta area is home to some surprisingly good restaurants. We loved La Piscina, a small tapas place with great seafood, fresh fish and views out to sea; and family-run El Lago restaurant. There are some cool bars along Garita Beach, too. An information pack in your rental recommends others, both local and across the island.
- Coffee maker
- Full kitchen
- Hob or stove
- Meal delivery service
- Restaurants nearby
- Shopping service
- Welcome hamper
- Basic ingredients
- Pretty sandy beaches line the northerly coast, along with several natural swimming pools
- Before arrival you can book various activities, such as walking tours across the island and in-villa massages or yoga
- You’re within a short drive of many incredible sights, including El Mirador del Río, the ferry for the island of La Graciosa, and several lava-formed caves
- In-villa information packs also provide many other recommendations including walking tours in Parque Nacional de Timanfaya in the west of the island, submarine boat tours, watersports including SUP and surfing, wine tasting in the island bodegas, and more
Activities on site or nearby include:
- Boat trips
- Mountain biking
- Museums / galleries
- Well being
- Wine tasting
Best Time to go
Our Top Tips
Most of the Lanzarote Hideaways are in or around the fishing village of Arrieta, in the lesser-trodden north of the island.
> See all properties on a Google map
Fly into Arrecife (30km), Lanzarote's only airport, in the island's capital.
From the Airport
Most guests self-drive. You can take a taxi or catch the bus but a car is essential if you want to tour the island. Most guests will need to hire one but those staying in the following properties receive complimentary exclusive use of a Toyota Hybrid car: Seafront Hideaways 1 and 2.
Detailed directions to your villa will be sent when you book through i-escape.
- Lanzarote Arrecife 30.0 km ACE
- Beach 1.0 km
- Shops 1.0 km
- Restaurant 1.0 km